Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck, here we go. Somebody PM me when the thread goes back to being about the game instead of people replying to this RMT dickweed.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wait, maybe I misunderstood, but you can earn IRL money with TSW? How?

Norfleet

Fuck, here we go. Somebody PM me when the thread goes back to being about the game instead of people replying to this RMT dickweed.
I wouldn't say that is even really a goal, but like I said, when you've been burned one too many times by MMO devs, you end up seeing things you didn't expect to have to ever see or do, and it completely changes your perspective. Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll never come to that, but YOU NEVER KNOW. It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you. Someday when something happens to YOU, you'll understand why I now see things the way I do. I was once like you, perhaps a bit less vitriolic, but certainly not interested. Things happened. My opinion was irrevocably changed, as you seem to view it, for the worse. But the Decline is inevitable and inexorable. No man can fight the Decline, for entropy must always increase. That path only produces greater Decline.

That story, however, is for a different game in a different thread.

Wait, maybe I misunderstood, but you can earn IRL money with TSW? How?
I wouldn't really consider that as a serious option. Don't think of it as a means of earning money. Think of it as a parachute for when shit happens. Because Shit Happens, and after all you put into it, maybe you should get something for your trouble, aye?

Just get a jerb, son.
Yeah, if that's your goal to actually earn money, do that. This is about covering your ass with an insurance policy.

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
So, what issues should I buy here if any. The 10 euro price for each issue is a bit steep, that's the most I'll usually spend on a single game.

I was thinking of getting Issue 9 for free and then pay for Issue 10 since they give new area + story mission. But then I read you need scenarios that are in Issue 8. And that the story mission ties with the one on 7

The first issues that are included for free were ok, but not something I would regret missing, and I am not that interested in revisiting old areas for fetch quests etc.

Also, I read that getting to and playing in Tokyo is fairly hard especially for solo players. I have a single player approach to this game, I don't see me grinding for better stats/loot and playing too much after the story is finished. If it is just endgame for high leveled characters maybe I won't be able to enjoy it anyway ?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
For now just finish the main story and watch what happens regarding the "opening of Tokyo for all players" (what this will exactly mean).

In TSW everything ties to everything, but the main mission is continued from Issue 9. Previous Issues and all Sidestories are just fluff... but that fluff is why I'm playing the game. I'm still finding "green" missions in the areas I though I explored - a note here, a dropped disk there. And on them, another piece of puzzle.

Issue 5 gives some more insight on what happened on Solomon Island, Issue 6 - lets you travel back in time and learn about Filth bombs, Issue 7 - important events regarding Orochi and Lilith, Issue 8 gives the ability to get skill upgrades through solo/group missions, Issue 9 is main story. Issues 1-4 are free so no comments.

It is worth mentioning, that from Issue 6 onward you get upgradeable purple gear and new types of aux weapons as quest rewards, so it's a good way for solo players to increase their power.

Sidestories are cheaper, but there are no power rewards.

Each addon is fully voiced, there are new assets (books, phones etc.), very creative quests and great writing as usual - is 10 monies too much for at least few hours of quality time? And I'm writing this from a potato country - for 10 monies I can go to the movies 3 times or feed myself for a few days.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Soooo, finally finished Egypt.

Akhenaten Boss fight was annoying, I swear I was fighting the controls more than Akhenaten himself. I got barely any normal damage from him, but for some reason the evasion roll wouldn't work right half of the time, which usually meant I was stuck inside his 1-hit-kill attack radius. The other cases were me being retarded and walking into the abyss instead of onto the bridge (or onto the wrong bridge).

Overall it seems Egypt is considered the weakest part? Solomon Island content certainly felt better to me. Better ratio of combat/non-combat missions. For some reason I also never had to visit a large part of the maps in Egypt, again contrary to Solomon Island.
Some of the investigation missions were a bit annoying, too. It's just tedious having to manually type down pages of text just to translate them with some cypher.

Now I'm looking into Tyler Freeborn, seems it's currently about the right challenge and then onwards...

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Battling undead Rome phalanx army and finding ancient Egyptian alien tech are the best parts of Egypt. But first part with that cult is really tedious and amount of black goo stuff won't help either.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Soooo, finally finished Egypt.

Akhenaten Boss fight was annoying, I swear I was fighting the controls more than Akhenaten himself. I got barely any normal damage from him, but for some reason the evasion roll wouldn't work right half of the time, which usually meant I was stuck inside his 1-hit-kill attack radius. The other cases were me being retarded and walking into the abyss instead of onto the bridge (or onto the wrong bridge).
Hmm... didn't have any issues with this fight, clearing the pyramid and many other quests felt harder (fucking cultist bosses).

Overall it seems Egypt is considered the weakest part? Solomon Island content certainly felt better to me. Better ratio of combat/non-combat missions. For some reason I also never had to visit a large part of the maps in Egypt, again contrary to Solomon Island.
Some of the investigation missions were a bit annoying, too. It's just tedious having to manually type down pages of text just to translate them with some cypher.
Desert areas tend to be the worst in many games :D

I also couldn't be bothered with the cypher shit (went straight to unfair.co for those parts), many quests felt tedious. Orochi presence was weaker, less Filth, more djinns etc. - not really my mood. But listetning to cultists (when they don't know you hear them) still gives me chills.

Transylvania is great though - hard as fuck, but has ridiculously good setting (old Soviet bases, armies of weakblood vampires, mammoth tanks...). Along with Tokyo - the best shit ever.

Now I'm looking into Tyler Freeborn, seems it's currently about the right challenge and then onwards...
Tyler Freeborn is good stuff. Sleepy mouths that make the stars flicker...

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Doing Egypt atm, everything silky smooth (except performance... Egypt has inconsistent fps) I completed my build and now I need do choose a role to branch for dungeon/party play...
I have the inner tiers of chaos, A.Rifles and fist unlocked, so maybe I should start fiddling with another weapon type?
I'm having lots of fun with BloodBlade it's hard to choose, I suppose I'll just hoard some AP/SP while I decide

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still remember taking my Blood/Elemental healer into a dungeon - we had two healers and got our asses kicked - then somebody said we need more DPS and I was like uhhhhhh, OK, I guess I'm DPS now, let's see how I can make this build work with what I have ... moved some stuff around ... we went on to dominate that sucker. Good times.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Scratch that. It's supposed to be a script that removes your equip when you /reset to travel around, it uses a misc item buyable from the crusades club... Point is it' doesn't work :( my gear gets degraded anyway

Edit: OMG Norfleet you're obsessed with prices. Just try having some fun man

Norfleet

Actually, it was less about the prices and more the notion that you could mod the game to accomplish anything substantive at all. But NO! I HATE FUN! I only enjoy games when I'm NOT having any fun in them. Money and loot are, of course, best when you don't have to have any fun while getting them.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Mega Patch "improved player experience" released today...

Announcement

Lots of improvement from a first glance, the new icons on the map are :incline:

They nerfed some AoE damage but increased the total target of many from 5 to 6

Anima leap is a new ability usable from the map, it allows to fast travel for 300 pax

Edit: Went back to blue mountain to do "The search for Tyler Freeborn" and near the Orochi Camp I noticed this undocumented :incline:

iNhHjXT.jpg
[/IMG]
iNhHjXT.jpg

Vets should Immediately notice what I mean, noobs should simply appreciate...

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mega Patch "improved player experience" released today...

Announcement

Lots of improvement from a first glance, the new icons on the map are :incline:

They nerfed some AoE damage but increased the total target of many from 5 to 6

Anima leap is a new ability usable from the map, it allows to fast travel for 300 pax

Edit: Went back to blue mountain to do "The search for Tyler Freeborn" and near the Orochi Camp I noticed this undocumented :incline:

iNhHjXT.jpg
[/IMG]
iNhHjXT.jpg

Vets should Immediately notice what I mean, noobs should simply appreciate...
I jumped back into the game after a long hiatus, now with a solo build, and doing stuff alone, and I have so much fun with the game. As for the pictures above, I'm doing stuff around the Orochi camp right now, but I don't know what is the new stuff. Wait, isn't the search cone of the drones changed?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Pffft, it was fine before - noob filter, just like ak'ab :smug:
I fucking hate ak'abs with a passion.
I remember at launch people were ragequtting b/c ak'ab and later on - b/c The Color of Magic.
Actually it is not the akabs I hate, what I hated is that nest of the akabs in the forest, where you can't pass without getting into a fight with a dozen of them. That constant slow effect is terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom