Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You save a lot with Ultimate Pack - it has all extra content except the latest issue (which is purely endgame).

Was afraid that mightt be the case. Unfortunately the Ultimate pack is a bit too much of a steep investment for me this month and judging by the price of the DLC it's probably worth it to just wait and get the ultimate edition.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Was afraid that mightt be the case. Unfortunately the Ultimate pack is a bit too much of a steep investment for me this month and judging by the price of the DLC it's probably worth it to just wait and get the ultimate edition.
If you PM me your email I can send you 3 day trial.

Also, base game costs like 6 euros at key resellers (more if you want steam key but I don't recommend getting steam keys for mmos, there's always some problems) and has shitload of content - enough to last you until a sale of the ultimate pack if you really like the game. The issues from the ultimate pack are aimed at late/end-game players anyway.

Last edited:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
If you PM me your email I can send you 3 day trial.

Also, base game costs like 6 euros at key resellers (more if you want steam key but I don't recommend getting steam keys for mmos, there's always some problems) and has shitload of content - enough to last you until a sale of the ultimate pack if you really like the game. The issues from the ultimate pack are aimed at late/end-game players anyway.
That's the smartest option.

Actually issues up to 7 add content to lower "level" areas, but it's no problem to do them later, when you progressed further. I finished the main campaign before any of that was released and it still worked fine.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So thanks to Hoaxmetal I played the game a bit. I liked the little introduction videos for the each factions, but out of all of them I liked the Templars the most. They seemed to be the most reasonable of the lot. The Illuminati were just dicks and the Dragons were.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I initially began to make my character look like Steven Seagal but then I realized that I could make my guy look like this:
hqdefault.jpg

So naturally I stuck with it.

I like the atmosphere in the game and the gameplay is aight. Environ design is quite cool and I like it when they get crazy and creative and there's ton of flavor text littered around the world. My only complaint is that it's an "MMO". To me that seems to be its biggest weakness. They should've just gone with a singleplayer game, maybe. Hard to tell how it comes around later, but that's how it feels like after playing it a bit in the beginning. I think it's a gud enough game but it's not the MMO I'm looking for now. I just recently quit FF14 and I got my fill of story heavy MMOs from that game. I want something more group oriented, so I'm sticking with EQ for now. I'm still gonna play the game for the 3 day trial and I'm buying the ultimate edition when it's on sale again.

Name

Cipher
So thanks to Hoaxmetal I played the game a bit. I liked the little introduction videos for the each factions, but out of all of them I liked the Templars the most. They seemed to be the most reasonable of the lot. The Illuminati were just dicks and the Dragons were.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I initially began to make my character look like Steven Seagal but then I realized that I could make my guy look like this:
hqdefault.jpg

So naturally I stuck with it.

I like the atmosphere in the game and the gameplay is aight. Environ design is quite cool and I like it when they get crazy and creative and there's ton of flavor text littered around the world. My only complaint is that it's an "MMO". To me that seems to be its biggest weakness. They should've just gone with a singleplayer game, maybe. Hard to tell how it comes around later, but that's how it feels like after playing it a bit in the beginning. I think it's a gud enough game but it's not the MMO I'm looking for now. I just recently quit FF14 and I got my fill of story heavy MMOs from that game. I want something more group oriented, so I'm sticking with EQ for now. I'm still gonna play the game for the 3 day trial and I'm buying the ultimate edition when it's on sale again.

Templar has the exclusive access to one of best missions in the game and Richard Sonnac is indeed the most reasonable handler you can have... but Dragon seems to be the "chosen" faction at the moment with the longest history and subtlest story. Don't know much about Illuminati though.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Templar has the exclusive access to one of best missions in the game and Richard Sonnac is indeed the most reasonable handler you can have... but Dragon seems to be the "chosen" faction at the moment with the longest history and subtlest story. Don't know much about Illuminati though.
What mission are you talking about? I never had enough time/will to replay the story with different factions - the conflict is somewhere else and the story grown out of the factiony stuff pretty quickly.

Also - all bees have the same handler :)

Hoaxmetal On my server (Grim?) lumies were always dominating Fusang (numbers). But I started doing PvP for dailies and Dragon won both Stonhenge and El Dorado (4 relics) yesterday.

Name

Cipher
What mission are you talking about? I never had enough time/will to replay the story with different factions - the conflict is somewhere else and the story grown out of the factiony stuff pretty quickly.

Also - all bees have the same handler :)

Hoaxmetal On my server (Grim?) lumies were always dominating Fusang (numbers). But I started doing PvP for dailies and Dragon won both Stonhenge and El Dorado (4 relics) yesterday.

Virgula Divina, which surprisingly also heavily ties into to the main plot (Anima) later.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Virgula Divina, which surprisingly also heavily ties into to the main plot (Anima) later.
Almost everything is tied to everything in TSW :)

I checked the script of Virgula Divina and it deals with the same theme as the one from Dragon (you visit a different Orochi branch though). But "it's in the details" as Faust Capital's slogan says - a day will come I will have to check that stuff myself.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
The Facility MP done!

FAC00DA3B3256C68282172EBA01A2A3E9E498306

C104A0AD89F0627B32ABD7CA5877BCED256ECB9F

Also - I like the challenge system. It managed to break my routines and I started doing scenarios daily (hello auguments!) and even some basic PvP.

Got 25 challenges last week, but it was exhausting for me. It's good that the actual rewards are given for each challenge (tokens) and the one for 25 (mystery bag) is just a cherry on top.

Cromwell

Arcane
I did the first instances with my grilfriend now. Polaris / Darkness war / hell raised. WWe tried ankh but these stupid eyes seem to make it impossible for a 2 man group to do it. I read somewhere people did every nnormal instance solo so I will check up on what they did and how its one.

How is the facility lorewise, any good insights I am missing out on?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I did the first instances with my grilfriend now. Polaris / Darkness war / hell raised. WWe tried ankh but these stupid eyes seem to make it impossible for a 2 man group to do it. I read somewhere people did every nnormal instance solo so I will check up on what they did and how its one.

How is the facility lorewise, any good insights I am missing out on?
IIRC last 3 dungeons don't have a normal version, they start as elite.

What eyes in Ankh? The motes?

The Facility has rather explicit lore regarding Dreamers and Filth. Both Facility and Slaughterhouse are IMO the most atmospheric and badass dungeons - old soviet bunkers filled with Filth and monstrous biomechanical creations. I also kinda have a crush on Halina.

Cromwell

Arcane
Yes the motes, I tried her as a bait and then to destroy the mote but it switched over to me and I couldnt do shit

Cromwell

Arcane
You're not supposed to interact with them at all.

I know but I read in some guide that bosses will spawn them which means you have to run and let them get killed by your ranged. The problem then would be I lack these ranged people.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
I know but I read in some guide that bosses will spawn them which means you have to run and let them get killed by your ranged. The problem then would be I lack these ranged people.
Wat?

- the ones on first boss move in regular pattern - you need to fit in

- the ones on first Dr. Klein go on either left or right and you need to hug the other side of the bridge

- the ones on second Dr. Klein are also avoidable (by tank, dps doesn't even come close)

If you need a detailed guide - google "loms ankh".

Cromwell

Arcane
oh, Thanks. From what I have read they said something like manage to avoid them but if you get caught destroy them. So its just the usual running around like all the bosses.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
oh, Thanks. From what I have read they said something like manage to avoid them but if you get caught destroy them. So its just the usual running around like all the bosses.
Technically you can destroy them, but it's just a completely avoidable detriment.

Only on normal it's all running around. Nightmare versions not only amp up the numbers, but also add stuff like Dreaming Shroud.

Veelq

Augur

Well i dont remember it that hard :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom