Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Steam Greenlight Thread - SHUT DOWN

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
HEBEREKE!: March! Red Army Girls' Brigade :salute::salute::salute:

CDBECD524041AC027167D0DC4EC135F3059A5EB2

0C187897B48B2C568BBC0246A9799D18BDA7198A

3803EC91085546DC37A705E0B262C9669540C12B

Saduj

Arcane
ATOM - Another Russian Shovelware Fallout Clone

Description:

Project ATOM is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.

In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.

This demo version includes:
  • A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
  • A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
  • Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
  • Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
  • Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
  • Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
  • Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
  • Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!
Edit - The developer created a thread for this game in General RPG around the same that I posted this.

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
gotta love steam becoming a platform of degenerates (and a platform of those who agitate against it)

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Action-platformer Freedom Planet 2 is up on Greenlight now: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861154312&searchtext=freedom+planet

* * SAMPLE VERSION AVAILABLE! * *
Use the link below to try out Freedom Planet 2 for yourself! Currently available for PC and Mac. Linux is in the works!
http://freedomplanet2.com/demo_win.php

Join the heroes of Avalice as they face their greatest challenge yet! An ancient terror has emerged from the depths of the ocean. Merga, a water dragon from Avalice's oldest and deadliest war, has been freed from her crystal prison as a consequence of the Kingdom Stone's destruction. War is imminent once again, but this time, the heroes are split between sides. As friendships are tested, will the girls stand united when Bakunawa rises?

Freedom Planet 2 is a sequel to the indie platformer Freedom Planet, currently available for PC/Mac/Linux on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310

For 2, we're refining the smooth momentum-based action of the original game and adding new abilities, powerups, stages, and more! Here's our current plans for the full version of the game:

• Four playable characters available from the start, each with their own unique fighting style: Lilac the Dragon Girl (Speed Type), Carol the Wildcat (Brawler Type), Milla the Hound (Explorer Type), and Neera the Frost Knight (Power Type).
  • Lilac retains her moves from FP1 but benefits from her new Boost Breaker ability, which allows her to jump out of her Dragon Boost at any time and create a damaging explosion in its wake. She can also use her Rising Slash in the air now, giving her a more traditional double jump.
  • Carol has been equipped with a stylish Jump Disc, which she can throw to slice up enemies from a distance. She can also warp straight to the disc for extra punchies! And of course, her motorcycle makes a grand return with a bunch of new, souped-up attacks. She can even throw the bike!
  • Milla has been training hard since the first game and she now knows how to fight! Milla can attack enemies up close with punches and kicks, and she can rapid-fire her shield bursts. Unlike the first game where her Phantom Cubes needed to be charged for a second, they now come out instantly with the press of a button. With a cube by her side, she can shoot mini-cubes from a distance or shoot a powerful burst of energy from her palms.
  • Neera is a new addition to the playable roster, and she forgoes speed in favor of raw power with her deadly Frost Arts. With her ice staff, she can lay waste to enemies with five different attacks based on what direction you hold when attacking. She can also launch Ice Lassos to instantly freeze minor foes in blocks of ice.
  • Parry enemy attacks with the new Guard button. With proper timing, this can be used to completely avoid hazards! If timing's not your thing, an Auto Guard item exists in the game that makes your character automatically guard against attacks if possible.
  • A new Revival system gives you a better chance at victory! If you're knocked out during a stage, you can choose to spend one of your extra lives on the spot to revive your character. She'll receive temporary invincibility, but she won't recover any life, so once the invincibility wears off, one more hit will knock her down again. This mechanic can give you a chance to clinch victory during a very close boss battle, and during normal gameplay, it can also help you save time without having to return to a previous checkpoint.
  • Adventure Mode and Classic Mode make a return with more obvious differences. Adventure mode features proper hub areas for you to explore as well as a world map that allows you to revisit previous stages or buy items from shops. Classic forgoes the story and features a more simplistic stage select screen with quick access to important features.
  • A new item system lets you change the rules. You can select two items to bring with you to a stage that will make things easier or more challenging, such as increasing your maximum life, turning all shield crystals into Fire shields, or placing a time limit on the stage. Items that make the game harder will reward you with bonus crystals at the end of the stage. Our Sample Version / demo includes 12 items for you to play around with via the Custom difficulty setting.
  • A brand new adventure with voice acted cutscenes from our talented voice cast! Recording for FP2 was done in Studio Okratron in Dallas, Texas resulting in much more consistent quality and volume. You can check out our cast list at freedomplanet2.com!

The original game was essentially a hardcore genesis/megadrive platformer in the vein of classic sonic the hedgehog, gunstar heroes, ristar and rocket knight and was surprisingly challenging(i died over two dozen times at the final boss).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now that Greenlight is going to be shut down, a lot of games are going to try to make it in before the window closes. Let's give the good ones a hand.

From the makers of Heroine's Quest: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861490245

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a graphical adventure in the style of the classic Sierra games. Set in the world of Celtic mythology and fairy tales, it features many sidequests and alternate endings. For this new release, we are doing a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting.

The ancient kingdom of Theylinn is beset by enemies. Within the castle walls, nobles vie for the old King's favor, and not everybody is happy with the sole heir to the throne, princess Rhiannon. Meanwhile, danger approaches, in the form of an invading army, a hostile giant, and a mercenary troop who are ancient enemies of the Theylann king...

ATOTK was named Game of the Month by PC Zone UK, Game of the Year by Screen 7, and won four AGS Awards including Best Animation and Best Puzzles.

"If ATOTK came out during the genre's heyday, we'd probably be waxing nostalgic about it today in the same breath as King's Quest." - Games for Windows

"It's a well-crafted game, evocative of those old point-and-clicks." - PC Zone

"A Tale of Two Kingdoms simply blew me away ... This game is a great achievement ... Final Grade: A" - Just Adventure

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh wow - the Dark Mod is trying to make it onto Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858048394

About:
The Dark Mod is a FREE, first-person stealth game inspired by the original Thief series by Looking Glass Studios and includes industry rivaling gameplay features, dozens of unique AI, and a complete set of custom art assets, allowing players and mappers to enjoy a rich and immersive environment.

In the News:
The Dark Mod was voted #2 on PC Gamer's The 50 Best Free PC games list.

Reviews:
"It’s a tremendous achievement – a detailed tribute to the Thief series…. Projects like The Dark Mod are a way for those fans to say “if you won’t make it, we will” – to deftly lift what was good and meaningful about the games that inspired us years ago and run away with it." — PC Gamer.

“This is splendid….it’s basically Thief…but in ID tech4. Even now, there’s a good couple of hours of classic immersive sim action here, and I recommend it strongly." "— Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

“The Dark Mod has long been one of the most famous PC mods around. … It was great. Now it’s even better.” — Kotaku.

Gameplay:
In it you play a hooded figure slinking through the shadows of a gothic, murky, candle-lit, steampunk world, hunting priceless valuables while avoiding the swords and arrows of those hired to stop you. Each mission is an interactive short story, where you play the main character, with tools such as rope arrows, gas and flash mines, lockpicks etc. You break into buildings, loot places, solve mysteries or simply try to get out alive.

JarlFrank

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Grid Cartographer, the indispensable blobber mapping tool: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865153291

Grid Cartographer is a tool for making RPG maps on unlimited sheets of graph paper. It supports square and hexagonal grid shapes, a wide variety of built-in icons and terrain types plus the ability to import your own custom tiles.

Included are tools to export maps to PNG, scripted data export for game development and even a simple 3D engine to preview from a first person perspective. A dedicated tile map mode has recently been added to make this a comprehensive tool for any grid based map creation.

Grid Cartographer has been in development since 2013 and is currently at version 4. Improvements are constantly being made to add new features, fix bugs and implement user suggestions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
A Tale of Two Kingdoms and Sacred Fire have been greenlit.

TDM and Grid Cartographer still need moar votes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Realistic tactical RPG Spy DNA is now on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876434355

Spy DNA is a tactical squad RPG that combines turn-based game mechanics with realistic combat simulation.

The game plays about 70 years in the future, and the player controls a squad of genetically-enhanced super-spies with unique talents.

When the genetic enhancement research is stolen from the lab, it is the player's task to recover it and prevent a rogue nation from creating an army of super-soldiers. In the course of the game, you will face a variety of opponents, such as endangered animal traffickers, unethical researchers, and rogue military organizations.

How we’re different
Our goal is to bring a new level of intensity to gameplay by creating a believable and realistic world.

We started by creating a combat system that feels as much as real combat as possible.

Weapons behave like in the real world.

We’ve created a physics-based model of the weapons. The projectiles lose damage and armor penetration over distance as you would expect.

Accuracy.

The most important thing in a firefight is figuring out what you hit when you shoot. We built a virtual firing range for the developers to use to dial in the accuracy. We even dug up a bunch of shooting records and guidelines from the real world to use as benchmarks for our virtual weapons.

Armor works as it does in reality.

In real life armor is rated for the type of bullets it STOPS. Buy a piece of armor, get hit with a round it’s rated for, and you’ll end up with nothing worse than a (bad) bruise. However, if the bullet isn’t stopped, it’s still going to hurt, a lot.

Getting shot, stabbed, blown up, or set on fire are Really Bad Things™.

It’s far better to avoid them than to try to “tank” them.

What's next?

Shy Snake, the two-person team developing Spy DNA, are already working on the Early Access version, slated to release in Q2 2017. The team's immediate focus is on getting the game through Steam Greenlight to be ready to distribute the Early Access release.

The full release of Spy DNA is slated for Fall 2017 and will be localized into Russian and German.

Want to try it today? Download Alpha Demo of Spy DNA on IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/spy-dna/news/spy-dna-alpha-demo-now-available

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom