Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Latelistener

Arcane
They said they won't be making DLC anymore, and content will be free from now on (they will be supporting PD2 for another year), and then threw some kinda twin-stick shooter, just to put another pack of masks along with it.

giphy.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Manages to combine two adjectives I hate when it comes to games: 'cinematic' and 'platformer.' Think we have enough 2deep4u indie platformers these days. I guess because they are easy/cheap to make? Why don't indie developers try their hands at more interesting genres and simply do it on a small scale to keep costs down?

mastroego

Arcane
XCom 2 Digital Deluxe -60%.
But also a new DLC just got announced.

So, uhm, what's the deal with these discounts that end BEFORE the steam sale? Should I expect a larger discount in 10 days, or do you guys feel like it's better to get it now?
I guess there won't be much of a difference anyway.

If I were to play it now I would buy and not worry, but I have other stuff to complete first (including Long War 1, ouch).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, uhm, what's the deal with these discounts that end BEFORE the steam sale? Should I expect a larger discount in 10 days, or do you guys feel like it's better to get it now?
The "deal" is they want you to feel exactly like you do - uncertain - so you grab it now "just in case".

In my experience it's always best to wait until the last day of the Steam sale. By that time, everyone who's going to "uncertainty buy" it already has, so they just go ahead and give the best price on most everything at the end to snag as many buyers as possible. *Not a guarantee

Atomkilla

Arcane
The "deal" is they want you to feel exactly like you do - uncertain - so you grab it now "just in case".

In my experience it's always best to wait until the last day of the Steam sale. By that time, everyone who's going to "uncertainty buy" it already has, so they just go ahead and give the best price on most everything at the end to snag as many buyers as possible. *Not a guarantee

I got the impression that the last few Summer Sales worked on the basis that everything that is getting a discount is discounted from day one to the last day. No flash sales, and no changes in discount during the duration of the Sale.
But I could be wrong. To be fair, I only rarely buy from Steam.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Valfaris, "heavy metal infused" 2D action platformer from the developers of Slain:

ss_e15a8d08b8753de77adb3b075f8a9a5b05405d85.600x338.jpg

Ashen, co-op action RPG thing that showcased at XoX conference:

ss_3987cdb8b7aad6d5b36c8b8ea1eeb930f0ff93fb.600x338.jpg

Tunic, cute action adventure thing that showcased at PCG show:

ss_1f13b6b65d141e179a7904c0aae00516a315c675.600x338.jpg

Skull & Bones, Ubisoft's mulitiplayer pirate game:

The Crew 2, rides evertything:

Modron

Arcane

I got the impression that the last few Summer Sales worked on the basis that everything that is getting a discount is discounted from day one to the last day. No flash sales, and no changes in discount during the duration of the Sale.
But I could be wrong. To be fair, I only rarely buy from Steam.
Yes this is the correct interpretation, buying a game then seeing it on sale for cheaper is one of the accepted grounds for steam refunds. Publishers do these midweek/weekend sales to garner visibility they might not have amidst the summer sale plus they are probably hoping that some word of mouth will translate into even more sales during the upcoming special sales.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is anyone else annoyed with the new Steam email practice of telling you "Something on your wishlist is on sale, click here to view your wishlist!" Bitch, this is what we have computers for, tell me what the fuck is on sale, don't make me go look it up. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom