Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

anybody play hell divers? is it fun?

Yeah. The mission types didn't seem very varied (drop on a planet and survive waves/fetch suitcase/liberate location, then enter the escape pod) and there's some balance issues with some guns and gear being clearly superior choices, but it gets pretty hectic on harder missions. I played with a group of high level randoms and died like 40 times, half of those deaths were caused by them stomping me with their mechs when I tried to use them for cover. I also played with a low level kid with a mic who drove our van off a cliff too many times, but he seemed to be enjoying himself so much (shouting "FREEEDOM!" as he shot aliens while I carried the suitcase) that I gave him three stars for effort. I played on the PS3 so I dunno about the PC controls though.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've bought and played Templar Battlebros for a couple hours. Pretty fun so far. It does a good job of capturing the manful sincerity of spess soldiers who spend their lives making desperate stands against swarming xenos.

Also on the topic of space marines killing aliens, for a game inspired by Cameron's Aliens rather than Games Workshop: Infested Planet is 67% off- http://store.steampowered.com/app/204530/Infested_Planet/

I really liked the main game it's a nifty variation on the RTS designed primarily for a single player. The DLC I'm more ambivalent on. It's fine, but not great. The planetary campaign game mode is less deep than one may hope.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided + Season Pass for 14€? I think they dropped it as far as they reasonably will for any amount of time. Good deal?

Dexter

Arcane
Stick of Truth is great, get it!

Looks like there's a sequel too, with another coming in November.
Sequel is already out, third part apparently coming out soon, also got the first before anyone brought it up here:

Along with some other stuff:

Little Big Adventure Bundle: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/80342/

anybody play hell divers? is it fun? I played some alien swarm reactive drop recently and liked it. I would like to play a game with way more skills and weapons variety along the same lines.
Got it and got two buddies to get it too for CoOp, don't know if it is good, but it's by the same studio that did Magicka and Gauntlet, which were both pretty great CoOp games for 3-4 people.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Because I too feel the urge to say what I spent money on so far, though I see no earthly reason anyone would care:

Sorcery! 1-4
Convoy
Nier: Automata
Typing of the Dead: Overkill
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth ... worth $1.24 to me to not have to look for my physical CDs ever again.

Comments welcome.

Bought:

Nex Machina 20% off
Hollow Knight 35% off
Shadow Tactics 25% off
Styx: Shards of Darkness 45% off
Alien Breed trilogy for 2 dollars
Munin for 30 cents
Betrayer (70 cents lol)

I have some leftover $ but I think that's it for me. It was the shittiest sale ever.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Dark Souls 3 for 60%.

Just saying.

I'm kinda hesitant to see if they'll again release the enhanced 64-bit complete version like they did with Dark Souls 2. Interesting to see that Dark Souls 2 is having a best discount and not the first game.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided + Season Pass for 14€? I think they dropped it as far as they reasonably will for any amount of time. Good deal?
Great deal if you want a game that is almost a spiritual successor to Bloodlines (but obviously not as well written). Great atmosphere and sidequests.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I finally bought Witcher 3 game of the year edition for half price. The game involves patching Wine so that it runs acceptably on linux. Apparently after that you get to hunt monsters or something.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Finally picked up Dying Light (THE FOLLOWING ENHANCED EDITION!~!!!), I was one of the three people that really enjoyed Dead Rising, and did obtain Dying Light when it was first released but never really played it.

Now I am having a blast.

The first Dead Rising is a really great game, sequels were garbage. Also, it has nothing to do with Dying Light (which is Ubishit inspired trash) other than the existence of zombies.

Humanophage

Arcane
I bought a bunch of games that I am probably never going to play, but the discounts were too attractive. E.g., Command: Modern Air and Naval Operations originally costs $80, and I bought it for $8 because of the discount and because I am paying in rubles. I've been planning to get into serious wargames for a while, yet Command turned out a bit too autistic for me at this stage, not to mention my PC cannot quite handle it.

Otherwise,
Arx Fatalis
AoWIII + add-ons
AoWII: Shadow Magic
Caves of Qud
Dominions 4
Hacknet
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
South Park: the Stick of Truth
Tropico 5 + add-ons
Uplink
Warhammer: Dawn of War + add-ons

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth ... $1.24 to me to not have to look for my physical CDs ever again.

Comments welcome.

Thanks! Bought it, though I've read it's a nightmare to get running without crashes on modern systems.

Advise anyone?

anybody have an opinion on the 'alien breed' line of games?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610/Alien_Breed_Impact/
Thanks for asking the question, I didn't know the games were at 90% off. I grabbed all 3 for 2 dollars. They're decent, especially if you were around during the Amiga days and are feeling nostalgic. I think the "Alien Shooter" series was a better modern version of this type of game, though.

thanks, I just noticed all the alien breeds have a demo, I am going to try them and see what they are like. I know its sort of ridiculous to worry that much about it since the game is like 99 cents each, but i have so many gaems now I dont want the clutter if I am never going to enjoy or play it...

I looked up alien shooter, they are on a big discount as well, and they all have demo's too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom