Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Somebody ripping off Stranger Things imagery for what turns into an amiga looking platformer

This thing is gonna get shut down SO HARD.

And it's not an Amiga platformer, it has more of an early/mid 90's platformer. Not that it will matter for long...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Both in my queue.

Edit:

The other 9 games weren't any better.

Truly, removing Greenlight was a great idea.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Somebody ripping off Stranger Things imagery for what turns into an amiga looking platformer

This thing is gonna get shut down SO HARD.

And it's not an Amiga platformer, it has more of an early/mid 90's platformer. Not that it will matter for long...

Funny thing is, they originally registered title as "Strange Thing", but they changed it two days before the release.

And of course it looks exactly like an asset from Unity Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/37158

---

In other news, more Herve thing on Steam:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
LEGIE, an obscure 2007 adventure/RPG (Codex thread from 2010) from Czech indie, is coming to Steam:

ss_16326ce18e2bb5648ff684c42870918f0e292ab8.600x338.jpg

ss_b2a7201ddd402c9d9a04882660c10d047d78330c.600x338.jpg

"If the devil gave man free will, let him be the origin of all evil in man's deeds, let him be blamed instead of the stupid man, who does as his lowest urges and desires command."

sudivo.png

• A hybrid of adventure game and classic grid-based dungeon crawler, set in the medieval Czech town of Jilemnice and its hilly surroundings.
  • A dark story about an innkeeper, beer and the devil.
  • Poetic dialogues, wise words, bargaining, fights...
  • An RPG without magic, elves or hobbits... (we're in Jilemnice after all)
  • No saving the world, no heroism.
  • Low hardware requirements.

handbook.png

The game has been released on Steam on its 10th anniversary
  • Windows 10 compatibility
  • Steam achievements
  • Minor fixes and adjustments

Hey, it's the developer of this game:

Modron

Arcane
Boot Hill Bounties

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition

Romancing Saga 2

Fade to Silence lands on early access

:prosper:

Latelistener

Arcane
I wonder why IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover costs $20, and IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad costs $50 (plus some expensive DLCs)

Modron

Arcane
Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans hits early access going to pick this up once holiday sale rolls around.

Wut?

racofer girl

ss_ce765916b5f422b36eb53eea806f0842ce820500.600x338.jpg

Star Stable contender?

:prosper:

mastroego

Arcane
The Harbinger (new expansion for Talisman Digital) has been released.
Gonna try it now (Season Pass, it appeared in my collection).
Hope it'll finally be the Woodlands' turn, next...

mastroego

Arcane
Not really.
Anyway, only a few are missing by now (like 3?), but that includes the Woodlands, AKA the 4th corner of the board.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess its alright playing against the AI for a while but with these board games its of course most fun to play against friends (and fucking them over). Talisman is a very well done digital version and since you can get it for a potato when its on sale I'd suggest you'd do that. The base game is enough to see if its fun for you. Then later you could expand if you like it.

Notably, its not required that every player has all the DLC. Every player can use whatever the host owns.

I can not really recommend playing online against people you don't know though. I have met a bunch of unfriendly and untalkative players and many who ragequit or borequit or whatever, so I gave up on that and just tried to convince friends to get into it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom