Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Its got waifus!

ss_297e54bb0552ed34cf77ed3dc2260eb9d70506f9.1920x1080.jpg

Its got Orgasm meters!

ss_4c02f345b86957c8f04dc53415fc788bc658f29d.1920x1080.jpg

Looks like you can be there just for her! How fucking progressive is that!

ss_44422eb22b0a6573b262da394c86d919d25b4e78.1920x1080.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Legend of Eisenwald stand alone expansion Bastard is ago also base game and previous expansion are heavily discounted to mark the release.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
are they any good? i have them in gog cart but don't know if i should buy them considering i have a retardedly large backlog and will die of kidney failure before i play any of them anyway

PrettyDeadman

are they any good? i have them in gog cart but don't know if i should buy them considering i have a retardedly large backlog and will die of kidney failure before i play any of them anyway
Not sure is they are good, but they are def. prestigious and monocled!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I liked the main game and the first dlc,didn't finish Blood of November since it was mostly more of the same and not that great and it was getting repetitive by then,but the main game and the Road to Iron Forest are definitely worth the money since they are on sale

Latelistener

Arcane
Why the fuck would anyone buy that thing?Are there achievement addicts that need their fix nowadays?
There's that Steam showcase that shows the amount of achievement you got, as well as the amount of perfect games (with 100% achievements).
Apparently, retards really like that and wouldn't mind spending some cash to improve their "stats".
Just another example of degenerative behavior on Steam.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Why the fuck would anyone buy that thing?Are there achievement addicts that need their fix nowadays?
There's that Steam showcase that shows the amount of achievement you got, as well as the amount of perfect games (with 100% achievements).
Apparently, retards really like that and wouldn't mind spending some cash to improve their "stats".
Just another example of degenerative behavior on Steam.

There are hundreds of these "games" on Steam, I think.

Also many of them let you make "awesome" showcase with achievement icons! Not from this "game" but:

4x7sfoC.jpg

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks like Son of a Witch came out of Early Access today. I'll probably buy it for some local co-op gaming. I hope it's not as boring as the early 2000s Flash game aesthetic makes it look.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This looks like it might be right up some codexers alley. Anyone got any knowledge of it?

I've been playing it since it was newish on Early Access. Well, I haven't played it constantly, but I'd fire it up from time to time. I still don't think it's in a finished state, but it's somewhere between bad and OK. I'll put some more info in a spoiler, since it's probably longer than most people want to read.
The combat really needs some work to make it a fun game. It has annoying shit like you can carry either an item that gives a permanent buff or a one-use item in your accessory slot. Combine this with the fact that one-use items and special abilities have really long animations compared to unit movements speeds that make them hard to time properly, and you end up never using anything but your regular attacks. Are you going to carry a grenade that can maybe hit two enemies for the same damage as your attack or an item that gives you +10% accuracy and evasion? Not to mention you could've gotten off 3-4 shots in the time it took you to throw the grenade and the guys who were just shooting have already killed what you were throwing the grenade at.

People on the steam forums talk about this tactical combat the game has, but I don't know how they do it. A firefight generally lasts under a second as you stand there and wait for the enemies to run into your guys who gun them down. The most tactical I've gotten is running one person around in circles while my guys gun down a slow melee enemy that is a higher tier than my current equipment and chasing my guy. Once in a while, you'll need to move your front person to the back because they took too much damage. Enemies always target the closest person. Don't even get me started on melee weapons. Just don't bother.

At least when scavenging, you can auto-resolve battles and it works better than in most games. If you have equipment that's the same tier or higher tier than the enemies, you can usually just auto-resolve and won't lose too many HP. Some combinations of enemies will still destroy you, like if it's a whole bunch of sniper-types or super high HP melee demons, but you learn quickly what enemy groups are too much to auto-resolve.

The random encounters when you're out of your base are pure bullshit. The enemies always seem to start adjacent to your guys. There are a lot of hard-hitting enemies with short range that can kill your survivors almost instantly. Your higher range generally saves you, but these encounters will just kill one of your guys right off the bat as they all focus on whichever guy is closest and that could be your sniper with shit armor and low movement speed, so he can't move out of the way. Time to load your last save unless you are OK losing your max level sniper to a random event.

The base-building aspects are pretty minimal. It's nowhere near as advanced as something like Rimworld, so don't be expecting that. You have four buildings of different sizes instead of free-building walls and roofs, for instance. There are no auto-defenses or traps to protect your base. You can only build towers to put your guys in when your base is attacked.

I could go on for a while, but every aspect of the game is just mediocre, like they were checking items off on a list. It's possible this just isn't my kind of game, but there are so few moments where something fun is happening, and it's mostly just watching your guys cut down trees and work farms with bouts of frenetically-paced combat.

Modron

Arcane
Looks like a well done river city ransom clone

Towards the Pantheon gets released

Clue

Failed kickstarter still manages to come out, has a demo.

I guess it is cheaper than buying actual a handful of puzzles but still... at least they have some tasteful free dlcs

Modron

Arcane
Looks like a solid platformer with an interesting gimmick

Seems like a Loren the Amazon Princess sequel, or at least set in the same world.

I liked their previous Sentinels of the Multiverse adaptation despite all the nickel and diming.

Weeeabooooo

Since I can't find anything else remotely interesting to fill out the 5th slot have something that will make your eyes bleed.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_415d2d7e746a47a2db8b30fa5648cc589adec358.600x338.jpg

ss_c69a4b61e34f5c67c7ed50c0c45f5c50d8b14484.600x338.jpg

DOOMED
Is a First Person Shooter with horror elements, heavily inspired by old-school shooter classics.

Key Features
- Fast-paced, adrenaline shotting
- Old school gameplay
- Brutal challenges
- Tense sci-fi atmosphere
- Awesome Soundtracks

Zenimax lawyers incoming...

rohand

Cipher
Old school FPS clones coming out of the woodwork but few of them seem to have any element that made those good in the first place and end up making a modern FPS with bad textures.

Just compare level and gameplay design in Monolith's Blood with one of these.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom