Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
PUF1mtY.jpg
If not for GOG recent sale I would get more from that list.
Man, that was good one but people still gonna meme these pathetic Steam Sales...

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So far I've picked up:

# A pool game I gifted to a friend of mine.
# Two Hidden-Object games I could get in a sweet bundle.
# Some RPG Maker title that looked interesting and cost less than a buck, to round off a $10 purchase in total and get a Steam card.

That will probably be the extent of my purchases for the entire sale. GOG's current weekly sale looks better than this.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Dungeon warfare 2 is about to come out on the 29th, finally. Seems to be getting little attention so far, so I figured I'd mention it.

The first one was a really nice trap-based defense game with lots of physics influence. I think it was on some of the big flash sites first and came to public attention that way.
Not sure about the new one, might just be on steam (?)... So I'm worried it'll flop or something because it's been ages since the last game and there's all but a few forum topics in the steam forum for the new one.

Well... The release date has been moved to the 6th of July... Why do I have a bad feeling about his?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I recommend getting this for 3 Euro:

I know, I know, it's not the best game ever and it got a really bad rap, but you can't go wrong for 3 bucks. It comes with all the DLCs too, one of which is a campaign DLC. The reason I'm recommending it is for the co-op, and actually some parts of the story. It's fun to see Hadley's Hope again! But yeah, co-op is really fun and frantic (remember to learn all the classic one-liners before starting).

Also there is this mod (TemplarGFX's Aliens Colonial Marines Overhaul) that enhance a lot of the game, graphics, weapons, AI etc etc. Makes the alien extra fierce. Also recommended. The video settings keep resetting after each restart (at least for me) but it takes 30 seconds to fix, so not too much trouble.

One last thing. If you are like me you will get annoyed by the ugly dynamic crosshair when there is a iron-sight function in the game, but don't fret, there is a solution! You can always play without any UI, but the game wasn't supposed to be played liked that... so how do you remove just one part of the UI?

Well, you go into:

Documents / My Games / Aliens Colonial Marines / PecanGame / Config

Open the PecanInput.ini file and add the line:

Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="togglecrosshair")

So the config file looks like this:

dpGyZB4.jpg

Just put it as the first binding and you are good to go. So when you start a level ingame, you just have to press F4 to get rid of that pesky crosshair!

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh, it looks silly without context, but those aliens are actually blind(not sure the normal aliens have eyes but whatever) and the only way to get through that mutated hive is by walking really slowly and not making a sound. Was a damn fun moment in co-op.

Screenshot from that area:
2130711FA1089ACCCED059746E76BF82498D38DE

My buddy having a close encounter of the third Kind

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I went for:

Tabletop simulator (-50%)
Heretic+Hexen collection (Peanuts)
Arx fatalis (1 wallnut)
Divine Divinity (half a peanut)

Cannot be bothered to post link. If you don't know about those you shouldn't be on this site anyway.

Also bought TW: Warhammer II on a reseller site 'coz I have popamole relatives exploiting my account. I wish I had time to play on my PC

:negative:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any idea bout these?

I put a few hours into it, liked it, but it didn't grab me. Lots to do, has kind of a "checklisty" feel. One of those games with a map that has 100 little circles on it saying "go pick up this chest". But that is mixed in with real missions that are fun and good. Takes place on crime centric crime colony for criminals so if you want to be bad and do bad things to bad people you'll have a real nice time. Has that "Eastern European developer feel" that I do enjoy.

Jinn

Arcane
Any idea bout these?
In regards to Seven:

My greatest critique of this game would be it needs more difficulty, pretty much everywhere. There are tight situations to get into, but they are usually pretty easy to get out of.

Besides that, I really like the way they handled the movement/controls from a semi-isometric perceptive. Quest structure can be pretty rudimentary, but it throws in enough twists to keep it interesting. Progression is rewarded mainly through exploration, which is a big plus for me in some ways, and a minus in others. I also found the setting interesting, to the point where I would like to see it expanded upon in further entries to the series. I think it's worth the current pricetag. It's a fun game if you keep your expectations in check.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Alien CM is shit but still better than AvP 2010, at least former can be fixed with mods.

Never played that one. Worth getting for the Marines campaign? Only one I'm interested in.

I played it as a marine, aliens are bulletsponges (or guns are weak) you need to hit them in melee to stun and shoot in the head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom