Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It doesn't. Stealth is very basic and has too few tools to play with. Corvo The Choking Maniac.

And Thief has the magic blackjack. I'm not gonna argue Thief isn't a harder and more complex game... it is, as are most games made 15+ years ago compared to today's. However if you want something that feels similar in play-style and look/feel, I'd suggest Dishonored over Styx, which is more a fantasy Splinter Cell IMO.

Ivan

Arcane
Gonna chime in here:

Thief is intended to be played stealthily, Dishonored is clearly not. No sound propagation, in D1 guards can't detect you from above/below. Conversely, you're frequently teased with a plethora of powers you could be using.

Styx is intended to be played stealthily. Don't let his dagger fool you, you have to work/plan for your kills in that game. You can't just blink away.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there any good typing games on Steam besides Typing of the Dead?

Finished it myself and I can recommend it if you want to exercise your typing. Plus there is fun exploration and the length of the story was perfect. Nice visuals and soundtrack. I've found most of the secret areas as well just to make it longer. At first I would advise playing on normal, later on it becomes brutal with lenght / monster spawn ratio.

Edit: Zombra synchro reply.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Thanks, will check those out.

I type all day so when I get to relax in the evening I want to type some more, apparently. I guess it's a more sinister variant of that thing the Germans have.

fHTG16X.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I got Ghost Recon too.
As I just said on my profile, hearing "Goodbye" every time an enemy dies really makes war feel like an ouija board.

Bocian

Arcane

Cheap as fuck. Anyone wants to host a server and do some co-op missions?

ortucis

Prophet
OK, done buying what I need for a year or so. I don't buy many games on Steam sales, but this time, went and bought these:

- Banished
- Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
- The Guild Collection (all guild games, except the upcoming Guild 3)
- Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition (+ 4 DLC's :cry: >> Snowfall, After Dark, Green Cities & Mass Transit)
- Transport Fever
- Kingdoms and Castles
- Majesty Gold HD (a game they can't create a billion DLC's for, must be kicking themselves)

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Thief is intended to be played stealthily, Dishonored is clearly not. No sound propagation, in D1 guards can't detect you from above/below. Conversely, you're frequently teased with a plethora of powers you could be using.

I think a problem here might be you guys are associating stealth with ghosting while I'm very much not. I play stealth games like the predator.

Ivan

Arcane
Help me waste my money ($60 steam wallet)

Evil Within 2 - looking for a survival horror/action title with emphasis on gunplay/violence/resource management

Elex - my body is ready, but is it fully patched up?

Thimbleweed Park

Brigador -
aracdey goodness? wait for inevitable bundle fodder

Ruiner -
aracdey goodness? wait for inevitable bundle fodder?

deuxhero

Arcane
Should I get Guilld Wars 1 or is it too dead?

Dunno population numbers but it's worth trying even with AI. With the sale you'll probably at least find people on the main story path for a while.

Well I got it and wow, it's really dead. Barely anyone outside of the main hubs, all the lesser hubs (especially pre-endgame) are empty. Any good elementalist setups for starting out?

Latelistener

Arcane
Banished (already played it, shit game, waste of money but can't refund now)
If you'd ask I'd warned you before. It's really low on content.
Although it was very popular on release and the dev is probably made a LOT of money on this one, he decided to make an editor and leave it as it is.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Elex has been totally playable since day one. They will still release 1 last patch for it some time in the future, but the current release is totally polished up.

Curratum

I'm not sure what that post or video is supposed to mean. I like the highly saturated palette of the patched version a lot more.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Orphan Age, orphan survival sim/management set in cyberpunk world:

ss_3deb630b0a66328cba31354f526d20bd228c6553.600x338.jpg

Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier, an interactive movie based on the movie series,

ss_e59afe40899486c8115efe9a18f6fee79cf93a4c.600x338.jpg

PrettyDeadman

Help me waste my money ($60 steam wallet)

Evil Within 2 - looking for a survival horror/action title with emphasis on gunplay/violence/resource management

Thimbleweed Park

Brigador -
aracdey goodness? wait for inevitable bundle fodder

Ruiner -
aracdey goodness? wait for inevitable bundle fodder?
Elex - YES,
Evil Within 2 - yes,
Brigador - Maybe yes?,
Thimbleweed Partk - Maybe?
Ruiner - no.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Speaking of PB games, is Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition superior to vanilla G3? And what are the main differences?
I sumon thee Darth Roxor.
Don't get Forsaken Gods. I also thought it was just a GOTY edition or some shit at first, but Forsaken Gods was a standalone expansion made by some pajeets. It's super fucking awful. Watch this review for more info.

Should I get Guilld Wars 1 or is it too dead?

Dunno population numbers but it's worth trying even with AI. With the sale you'll probably at least find people on the main story path for a while.

Well I got it and wow, it's really dead. Barely anyone outside of the main hubs, all the lesser hubs (especially pre-endgame) are empty. Any good elementalist setups for starting out?

There's 3 separate starting locations so a lot depends on which you pick (both skills available for builds and looking for people). You can change between campaigns around midgame/earlygame depending on campaign, that's the point to start looking around for skills to make a build and to start hunting for an elite skill you like.

deuxhero

Arcane
Average Manatee I started in Factions and did the quest to get to Prophecies. I need an E/Me build that only uses stuff Michiko teaches (plus the stuff you're given in the tutorial) and aren't skill quests in Prophecies so I can get to the Prophecies skill quests and trainers.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I don't know if it's been pointed out already, but keep in mind groups are mainly sticking to NA district.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom