Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is my complete haul for this sale.

Criminal Girls: Invite Only
Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
7 Mages
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern
The Quest
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy Steam
Half-Life Complete
Dark Futures Bundle

I also bought bundle with special editions of first two Monkey Islands on G2A for 1.5 euros.

GrainWetski

Arcane
This is a pretty good dual-stick shooter. Only caveat I would underline is the dual-stick part. I thought it controlled like ass with KB&M, as most of those types of games do.
Most of them play better with MOUSE and keyboard because aiming tends to be important in any such game that is remotely good.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Prey
Doom
Bastard
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Charlie Murder
The Dishwasher:Vampire Smile

That's it for me,not bad

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Prey
Endless Space 2 (refunded)
Endless Legend: Tempest
nuMaster of Orion
MidBoss (refunded)

Not bad, definitely the best I've done in years. Still feel like I could squeeze one more game out of the sale.

Arkast

Novice
9th Dawn Classic
9th Dawn II
Balrum
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete (good deal on this)
Spring City Tales (I'm a sucker for goofy furry graphics)
The Quest Deluxe Edition

and Cat Quest for the iPad for $1.99

I had a lot of fun researching new games to try via steampeek.hu, and will get more roguelikes like Dungeonmans when they go on deeper discount.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

ss_3e0b39bec76c2d1d3e3d805ac875ff5112a185c1.1920x1080.jpg

had to do a doubletake at what I was looking at here

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought Nex Machina. I've read some reviews and it seems Housemarque made something really great. I think Great Deceiver really liked it on codex. I already finished Outland which was for free at some time and I thought it would be a good "thank you" for them. The sales were low considering the quality of the game, which is sad. Instead of replaying same arcade titles I will have something new as well.
I still think about grabbing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and play it after buying a new toaster.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Most of them play better with MOUSE and keyboard because aiming tends to be important in any such game that is remotely good.

Game is clearly designed around the twin-stick method, but if you like/are used to using KB&M with these types of games then maybe it controls better than I give it credit for. Feels really off to moi though, and I switched to pad pretty quickly. YMMV.

Okagron

Prophet
The Witcher 1 and 2 are super cheap (the former is 1,20 bucks and the latter 2,69), so i decided to buy both. Might replay the first one, i haven't played that one in years.

Divinity: Original Sin
Wow, I played the Saliens game yesterday to try a giveaway, and I guessed it would be pointless, but I wanted to get Subnautica, but I had the risk of getting stranded deep or SOMA, or none at all. Today, to my surprise, Subnautica is in my library...

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAVE SO MUCH SHIT TO PLAY A FUCKINF BACKLOG MIGHT AS WELL BE A GRAVRSTONE

I BOUGHT SHIT I MIGHT WANNA PLAY BUT I WOULD NEVER RE VR BUY

MOTHER RUSSIA BLEEDS

header.jpg

Last edited:

Black Plague

Arbiter
Shaved an edge from a coin and got Straimium Immortaly

" I'm pretty sure whoever made this game was high on several different drugs but it just adds to the charm."

I don't even know what it is but looks like a Spectrum game.

mck

Cipher
All I bought was Rust and Jagged Alliance 2 Gold for a whopping total of like $10

Generic-Giant-Spider

Okay, I bought KCD. Are you happy? Is this what you wanted? To turn me into a whore?

Sorry, I had a bit of a crisis there.

Villagkouras

Arcane
  • SQUIRM
  • LYNE
  • Hook
  • Hexcells
  • SiNKR
  • Refunct
  • FEZ
  • The Cat Lady
  • NEO Scavenger
  • Risk of Rain
  • Arx Fatalis
  • Crypt of NecroDancer
  • Superflight
Not bad for 21€, most all of them were money from trading cards, now waiting for the next sale in December, hopefully with better deals.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dungeon warfare 2 is about to come out on the 29th, finally. Seems to be getting little attention so far, so I figured I'd mention it.

The first one was a really nice trap-based defense game with lots of physics influence. I think it was on some of the big flash sites first and came to public attention that way.
Not sure about the new one, might just be on steam (?)... So I'm worried it'll flop or something because it's been ages since the last game and there's all but a few forum topics in the steam forum for the new one.
It's out now with 10% off. I'll probably be playing this tonight. Tearing people in half with harpoons is one of my greatest joys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom