Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Dexter

Arcane

ortucis

Prophet
I still haven't played Hearts of Stone expansion, but after finishing Witcher 3 (when expansion didn't exist), I just didn't want to.

I realized that I was playing a preset character which didn't really change much in the world around him. C&C is present in only few quests and most of it doesn't mean shit in the bigger scheme of things. And the main story was fucking terrible so there's that..

Heretic

Cipher
exclude:
-indie
-casual

*English only
*Games

468 pages reduce to 60 :prosper:
Underrail, Age of Decadence and Divinity: Original Sin are all tagged as Indie.
This is not a usable tag (neither to watch, nor to exclude).

mastroego

Arcane
Has anyone tried on OSX with Wine?

Yeah, I have it, it's a famous game BTW.
Deep gameplay. Know that some people have issues getting into the way icons are used to convey information.

You should also know that there's also a free digital implementation of the game to be found somewhere, with a rudimental UI but good AI (IIRC).
I think they've got more expansions implemented, too.

Still, this a good port as well, the UI is professional, and as usual Steam is handy overall, so I got this.
Actually, I'm going to buy the most recently added expansion with this sale.
They've also stated that they're working on additional ones.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Deep gameplay. Know that some people have issues getting into the way icons are used to convey information.

You should also know that there's also a free digital implementation of the game to be found somewhere, with a rudimental UI but good AI (IIRC).

Still, this a good port as well, the UI is professional, and as usual Steam is handy overall, so I got this.

Oh, I'm aware. They use deep neuronal networks for the AI, a concept totally novel. Also they built it on top of the old version which already had an amazing AI, they hired the guy in. I chatted with one of the leads on twitter, watched their GDC talk, it was all quite impressive...except it's Windows only.

So you did try it on OSX with Wine and it works correctly?

mastroego

Arcane

Oh, I'm aware. They use deep neuronal networks for the AI, a concept totally novel. Also they built it on top of the old version which already had an amazing AI, they hired the guy in. I chatted with one of the leads on twitter, watched their GDC talk, it was all quite impressive...except it's Windows only.

So you did try it on OSX with Wine and it works correctly?

Uh, I'm sorry, who hired whom?
I lost you there. So the good AI is in the Steam version too?
I wouldn't know about OSX, I'm a proud Win user. Not because I like it, but because I'm used to it.

mastroego

Arcane
D&D: Lords of waterdeep worth the buy? reviews say it has good AI, and that's a pretty rare thing nowadays
I don't reckon the AI is spectacular, probably just decent (I'm no guru of this game mind you) but it's a flavorful little game, and -50% means that you get it with both DLCs for 8$.
I say go for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom