Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Tried watching, but I can't stand these guys. They are obviously just friends and making an effort to do a more interesting LP series but I wouldn't call them very insightful. I'd rather talk with my own friends about this stuff, not watch two guys in fedoras doing it for me.

Although then again, when your competition is TotalBiscuit...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tried watching, but I can't stand these guys. They are obviously just friends and making an effort to do a more interesting LP series but I wouldn't call them very insightful. I'd rather talk with my own friends about this stuff, not watch two guys in fedoras doing it for me.

Skip the LP, watch the Rage analysis

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
That NRA video was so fucking bad. "I don't want to be political but GUNS ARE EVIL AND PEOPLE WHO LIKE THEM HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS AND INFANTILE FANTASIES". Fuck that liberal retard. I hope he was being deliberately obtuse, as an ironic comparison to the NRA guy, but he really came off like that was just him on his soapbox.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Skip the LP, watch the Rage analysis

Do I really need some YouTube Blogger to break down why Rage was a shitty game?

Fake edit: Okay so I randomly skipped to the middle and he actually said: "...on the other flip of the dick..." No thanks. Can you guys please find some decent YouTube 'pundits' that aren't moronic hipsters who spew the obvious/anything you can read in the first page of a Codex thread?

Pretty sure most everyone on here can tell you one of the main reasons Rage was awful was that it incorporated too much dumb side shit like card games, meaningless quests, driving, etc. Blah blah... overemphasis on graphics... blah blah... designed for consoles. We know all of this already.

Twinkle

Liturgist
True, but in Part 1 they did a good job explaining the differences on purely mechanical level (hitscan versus projectile, speed, gun accuracy etc.) even if they were stating obvious things.

Also,

storyshooter.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That must have been on the other flip o' the dick I didn't see.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
This is a new INTELLEKSHUAL gaming blog and video show that started in October. It's pretty good, even though the hosts sound a bit light in the loafers. Most of their videos won't be of particular interest to the Codex, but they did play a bit with Wasteland:

They remind me of Dumb and the Dumber. Still 1000x better than the MCA LP.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Why are all of these metrosexual, overly-political, gamers completely ignorant of why AAA developers are failing? IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF GRAPHICS YOU STUPID FAGGOTS.

Look to incompetent CEOs who can't formulate a consumer friendly market, behemoth advertising campaigns, overstaffing, Hollyweird voice actors, and the $60 price tag for your source of the money drain. Seriously, liberal gamers have got to be the most irritating melonheads on the planet. They go out of their way to sabotage technological advancement at every step, while being completely ignorant of how a market works, and what causes something to work or fail.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

These guys (well, it's just George now it seems) have gotten good enough to resurrect this thread. A sampling of some of the stuff they've done over the past year:

And a new one:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's not "these guys" any more, it's just George Weidman. Which is good because he is miles better than Nathan. More content, better quality.

You should watch his MGS3 no-tranq, no lethal playthrough. One of my favourite LPs up there with Spoony's SWAT4 one. I wonder why stealth games make for such good video LPs.

Luzur

Good Sir
It's not "these guys" any more, it's just George Weidman. Which is good because he is miles better than Nathan. More content, better quality.

You should watch his MGS3 no-tranq, no lethal playthrough. One of my favourite LPs up there with Spoony's SWAT4 one. I wonder why stealth games make for such good video LPs.

that other guy moved away or something?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

that other guy moved away or something?

George never really commented on it, so no idea tbh.

Murk

Arcane
The redletter media influence is very strong.

Donno, there's nothing outright horrible about it but there's also nothing worthwhile in it either. I guess I like it more than Errant Signal, but that's not saying much.

Murk

Arcane
Watched a few more videos and I'm convinced these guys are hacks.

I can't comment on the finance related videos but their "lets try to play" series is a joke, with them constantly failing to understand simple game functions while simultaneously judging things wayyyy out of context. The editorial or 'critical close-ups' stink of try-too-hard as well. Some of the analysis is either inconsistent or just flat out baseless (judging SNES sound effects against N64 sound effects [and calling it a design decision], yeah bro, nothing related to hardware there).

Meh, I'm kind of over this youtube-game-philosopher shit. The problem is always the same; the analysis is weak and the entertainment factor does not make up for it. Bleh.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Watched a few more videos and I'm convinced these guys are hacks.

I can't comment on the finance related videos but their "lets try to play" series is a joke, with them constantly failing to understand simple game functions while simultaneously judging things wayyyy out of context. The editorial or 'critical close-ups' stink of try-too-hard as well. Some of the analysis is either inconsistent or just flat out baseless (judging SNES sound effects against N64 sound effects, yeah bro, nothing related to hardware there).

Meh, I'm kind of over this youtube-game-philosopher shit. The problem is always the same; the analysis is weak and the entertainment factor does not make up for it. Bleh.

If you're still referring to them as "these guys" then you haven't watched the newer ones

Murk

Arcane
Yes, I'm aware that George is the only guy around now (and he is the less terrible one, so huzzah I guess.) I watched a sampling throughout so I saw recent and older videos based on what seemed interesting.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The 'free games of 2013' video is worth a look even if you don't give a shit about the commentary. Dude found some really good shit. I am now looking forward to the release of SUPER HOT (the demo was fucking awesome) and will be trying out DataJack shortly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom