Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Archibald

Arcane
Not saying his criticism ain't valid, but the guy played +10hs a day for 10 days straight... no fucking shit he comes out as burnt out, that's just insane.

Which again, rises question of how much reviewer should play before doing a review. We all hate when some retard plays game for 15minutes and writes a review, but here we have another extreme where guy plays so much in such short time that he ends up rhyming his criticism some of which sounds autistic. Obviously he probably should have played 3-4 hours a days for a month, but then, if you want to be "relevant" you can't really review single player games that are couple of months old already.

Mozg

Arcane
Need to simulate being non-autistic by not 100%ing open world games breh. Getting every last collectable etc. is the equivalent of chewing the wrapper of a burger to get every last drop of grease. That said he's not pushing back on the game being good for a normal human playthrough, but against typical Nintendo new release best game ever stuff.

Archibald

Arcane
That new Nintendo game isn't best game ever since last new Nintendo game is valid criticism, but I'm not sure that rhyming about it helps your case.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Altough I do agree with him that this game's dungeons could be bigger, there should be less shrines but a bit more different from the others, there should be some 5/7 more different enemies, the overall repetiveness of some aspects of the game and the side quests linearaty.

What really surprised me was:

Witcher 3 = excelent sandbox with great sidequets

:whatho:

Also did stated at 10min12secs that story in a sandbox/action game should be as important as the gameplay?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Which again, rises question of how much reviewer should play before doing a review. We all hate when some retard plays game for 15minutes and writes a review, but here we have another extreme where guy plays so much in such short time that he ends up rhyming his criticism some of which sounds autistic. Obviously he probably should have played 3-4 hours a days for a month, but then, if you want to be "relevant" you can't really review single player games that are couple of months old already.
Usually "reviewers" like Kotaku just beat the game like a normal people, while "critics" take their time to explore everything and deliver a more detailed analysis... Seems to me like the tried to mix both, doing 100% in like a week to get the video out while the subject is hot.

Also, I think the real point is how important are side-quests in an open-world game... especially "gather X/X" stuff. I mean, he complains about how much time he wasted doing ALL shrines, but how many people will actually do that? Look at Skyrim's steam achievements, FFS... only 15% found all the 13 standing stones - imagine if they were 120!

If you have to everything just because it's there might as well do crazy shit like buy every single item for sale in every shop in Fallout 2, visit every planet in Star Control 2 or other bullshit like that.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Altough I do agree with him that this game's dungeons could be bigger, there should be less shrines but a bit more different from the others, there should be some 5/7 more different enemies, the overall repetiveness of some aspects of the game and the side quests linearaty.

Also did stated at 10min12secs that story in a sandbox/action game should be as important as the gameplay?
The Witcher 3 has excellent side quests.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Not saying his criticism ain't valid, but the guy played +10hs a day for 10 days straight... no fucking shit he comes out as burnt out, that's just insane.

I don't care what open world game you play.

10 hours each day will burn you out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ag
ltough I do agree with him that this game's dungeons could be bigger, there should be less shrines but a bit more different from the others, there should be some 5/7 more different enemies, the overall repetiveness of some aspects of the game and the side quests linearaty.

The Witcher 3 has excellent side quests.

agree in most part. Aside fron the cheap,contract quest, witcher 3 has prett6 great sidequest

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
i actually find witcher 1's combat most entertaining

desmayo.gif

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I'm always saddened when I see how weeby George is. I forget because he just seems like a weirdo Georgia beardo, but nope, he loves the teriyaki.

That being said, I love his MGS stuff, so fuck it and weeb on.

(Also the thing second from the left in that picture was born with a dink, right?)
(Also the thing next to it, what's that?)

thesoup

Arcane
HOLY SHIT! what happened to his hair? this bro aged faster than Joey from FRIENDS
What's weirdest is that he's my age, max two years older. And even back when he started when he was like 24-25 he looked like a blue collar abusive stepfather at the age of 39.

He's the Robben of youtuber reviewers.

flyingjohn

Arcane

Is it just me or are his videos getting more boring?
Plus i hate controller gimmicks,they never work and only get in the way.
Hell i hated most of the Wii platformers because of the motion controls.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Tastes will obviously vary, but stuff pertaining to Japanese geekdom couldn't be of less interest to me. But, they bring him crapload of views so good for him, I guess...
I hope that he'll at least do a review of Prey, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
He did that review of Pillars, but where's his Numenara review? Or Tyranny? Sloppy, lazy balding weeaboo.

Jinn

Arcane
I wish he would get back to talking about actual games instead of this kind of shit, or pachinko or whatever. This past year or so of videos have all been pretty sub-par honestly.

I noticed you fucks didn't post this video:

Was someone too worried that you would look at your favored e-celeb in a different light?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom