Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Upcoming Adventure Game Incline Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
With INCLINE slowly hitting The Adventure Game genre, here we shall compile those games that bring back the classic elements or push the genre forward. So list your suggestions, and let's get this list going.

Mage's Initiation: A Classic Sierra-style Adventure/RPG
ETA: Q1 2014 if you go by their KS 'delivery date'. Could change since they got a good chunk of funding.
074e1becf54c5d738f9cf4c0fced6801_large.jpg

Quest For Infamy: A classic retro-styled point and click adventure/role-playing game. Take a walk on the dark side and see how you fare.
ETA: Released!
qfiscreen5.jpg

Blackwell Epiphany - Released!

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - Available Now

skyrmir_house.png

STASIS - RELEASED - i want to lick my screen when i look at the screenshots, omg what do you mean it was done by 1 guy?!

feb2012-1.jpg

Spaceventure by the Guys from Andromeda. Because they are awesome.
ETA: "We're currently shooting for next summer for release, but no promises." (from their forums, next summer in this case means 2013)
image-211739-full.jpg

Goodbye Deponia by Daedalic who also did Deponia and Chaos on Deponia.
docs-hotelroom_Logo.jpg

Moebius by Jane Jensen. Seems to be going well, but info is a bit scarce.

LSL Reloaded -- Released!

2qcmnah.jpg

Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse by Revolution Software. Their track record is spotty recently, but this one looks pretty good.

DD_update4.jpg

Memoria - made by Daedalic, sequel to Chains of Satinav.

A Golden Wake
Released! http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/golden-wake/

agw2.png

The Journey of Iesir - ETA: They're in the testing phase and seem to be aiming for 2013 release, but not so many details available.

screenshot02.png

The Night of the Rabbit - Daedalic's new series
Released!
TNOTRscreen09_en.jpg

Vsevolod - 2d adventure from Serbia, looks very nice. Demo available. ETA: ?
6_screenshot01library.jpg

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora - Classic FMV Tex Murphy returns with a new game

tex.png

Shadowgate - A remake of the classic survival Adventure game
Released!

Quiet Haven Hotel - Classic 2D Point and click MURDER MYSTERY!

Last edited:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alright, let's see...
Almost certain :incline:
Spaceventure by the Guys from Andromeda. Because they are awesome.
Goodbye Deponia by Daedalic. I was sufficiently impressed with Chaos on Deponia to rank this one up here.

Probable :incline:
Moebius by Jane Jensen. Seems to be going well, but info is a bit scarce.
LSL Reloaded -- release date is June I believe. I say it will probably be good because of Josh Mandel and Al Lowe, and having played the alpha.
Double Fine Adventure -- I have pretty high hopes for this, but in spite of the documentary real info is pretty sparse. We'll see.

Possible :incline:
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse by Revolution Software. Their track record is spotty recently, but this one looks pretty good.

Those are the (commercial) games I'm looking forward to personally.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Jaesun since you seem to be using post blurbs in the OP, perhaps edit the Stasis one from "coming soon" to "i want to lick my screen when i look at the screenshots, omg what do you mean it was done by 1 guy?!" :)

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Here's some screenshots from the games listed (where available) if you'd care to use them in the OP...
Mage's Initiation
074e1becf54c5d738f9cf4c0fced6801_large.jpg
Quest for Infamy
qfiscreen5.jpg
Blackwell Epiphany
BE-shot1.png
Heroine's Quest
skyrmir_house.png
Stasis
feb2012-1.jpg
Spaceventure
image-211739-full.jpg
Goodbye Deponia
docs-hotelroom_Logo.jpg
Moebius
murder_bridge.jpg
LSL Reloaded
2qcmnah.jpg
Double Fine Adventure
No official (or unofficial) screenshots available. :troll: Ok ok, a little concept art...
art10_09.jpg
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse
(concept art only)
DD_update4.jpg

In conclusion, pixel art is still the best.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey it's incline or decline?

There is a better picture for DF's game, but I'm not sure if it's oozing with incline.
Untitled-2.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Tex Murphy - Project Fedora

tex.png

not an actual in-game screenshot, just the presentation of the new Chandler avenue.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
the new popamole TLJ is not going on this list.

How about a sub category - Honorary Incline for say like Tex Murphy - Project Fedora (which is a new classic FMV like Adventure game)?

Fuck it it's MY list will ad Tex.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Ah, I'd totally forgotten about the Tex Murphy game (I am shamed :oops:). It should certainly go on the list. They've been a bit on the silent side since the KS, but it still looks good.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
“Because there are lots of gay and lesbian people, and why shouldn't they be characters in games? It seemed only natural to me. And yes, Chapters will have gay characters, along with other equally normal people!”

—Ragnar Tornquist, when asked why he had Fiona and Mickey be in a relationship in TLJ

But Ragnar is fighting the good fight.

:troll:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I just saw that Telltale games are going to make a new King's Quest game :eek:

If they go with their usual ugly3D look, I will be extremely butthurt.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just saw that Telltale games are going to make a new King's Quest game :eek:

If they go with their usual ugly3D look, I will be extremely butthurt.

It will more than likely be worse than you could imagine.

In before emotionally engaging QTE King's Quest.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Asylum - First person horror adventure from the creator of Scratches. Just got done with a kickstarter but has been in production for a while, release date Halloween this year. Short teaser/demo here.
asylum-screenshot1.jpg

asylum-screenshot5.jpg

Chains of Satinav - Memoria - made by Daedalic, sequel to Chains of Satinav. Just announced a couple days ago, no release date yet. It will have pretty grafix.

Memoria_screen01_.jpg
Memoria_screen02_en.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Not going to list Asylum (I even backed it and am FAPPING MADLY WANTING TO PLAY IT). I'd rather this thread be more to reward those still doing the old 2D art point and click which I feel is something that needs to continue on. As well as Tex because he is continuing on the classic FMV Adventure genre based off the previous ones which were very cool game (YES I know the First 2 games were 2D point and click). But whatever TROLL ON. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom