Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Upcoming Adventure Game Incline Thread

trustno1code

Prophet
Shadowgate?
sg1.jpg

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cool, hadn't heard about that. I enjoyed the Ben Jordan games, so I'll be looking forward to it.

AGS forum links reminded me of this one, The Journey of Iesir, which has been in production for a fair while and looks pretty excellent.
screenshot02.png

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did a little digging...

Mage's Initiation -- Q1 2014 if you go by their KS 'delivery date'. Could change since they got a good chunk of funding.
Quest for Infamy -- Late Q2-Early Q3 2013 according to Blackthorne on their forums.
Spaceventure -- "We're currently shooting for next summer for release, but no promises." (from their forums, next summer in this case means 2013)
Goodbye Deponia -- slated for Q3 this year.
DFA -- I think they've revised their release date to June-July, but haven't given a firm one.
Journey of Iesir -- they're in the testing phase and seem to be aiming for 2013 release, but not so many details available.
Moebius -- demo in June, no release date given.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Added Vsevolod. Since Patchworks was already released June 2012 it's not really an upcoming game.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
An awesome list full of incline, great to see there seems to be a rising interest for graphic adventure games.

A user named cat

Forget all the Kickstarter RPGs, one look through the awesome adventure games in this thread makes a man dizzy. Cannot fucking wait for Asylum, Shadowgate, Stasis and even Leisure Suit Larry.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Wut!?! A new,2D Broken Sword game incoming?!? Colour me excited!
Well, color me not-so-exited because it will most likely be plagued by the same thing that plagued BS3 and 4, Cecil's crappy writing. Art looks great tho.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wut!?! A new,2D Broken Sword game incoming?!? Colour me excited!
Well, color me not-so-exited because it will most likely be plagued by the same thing that plagued BS3 and 4, Cecil's crappy writing. Art looks great tho.

Uhgh, I haven't even played fourth one after having nightmares thanks to Sleeping Dragon. Who the hell thought it was good idea to make it a Sokoban sequel... with "great" steath levels and QTEs...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Broken Sword 3 gave me a BSOD in some later part of the game, and I didn't bother with finding saves on internet. These chests riddles were horrible. We have a new engine, let's make use of it! :mad:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So much incline, I wish I was anywhere near caught up on adventure games. Thanks for keeping track for me.

trustno1code

Prophet
If anyone knows the ETA's of any in the OP that are missing, let me know.
Shadowgate just barely surpassed the goal, so they should hit the initial KS 'arrival date' of Nov 2013.
Tex is scheduled for fall 2013.
Broken Sword for September 2013.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I can't believe I missed the Tex Murphy KS. I loved those games back in the day.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I'm masturbating with the very thought of playing Goodbye Deponia. Shit gives me instant hard-on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom