Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Valkyria Chronicles Thread

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
This is the same publisher that released Resonance of Fate around the time two juggernauts came out -- FFXIII and God of War 3. I love a lot of the stuff that SEGA puts out, but they always make baffling decisions. We'll be lucky if we ever get a sequel to Binary Domain.
Actually the sales of Resonance of Fate are ridiculous compared with the Souls games and the FFXIII games but not compared to the other "recent" JPRGs like the recent Tales Of, Star Ocean 4 (Eternal Arms, Eternal Sonata, ...). Is there a high difference in budgets which make the game be considered as a big faliure?
Not that the hope for a sequel to Resonance Of Fate to be another cool game without a well defined main protagonist like the first one instead of another harem waifu shit was high, but since the game does not exist we can't be sure that it would have been bad.

Martius

Liturgist
I mean really Sega owns ... all Atlus games. Why is it so imperative to resuscitate VC as a JRPG?
Well, so far they let Atlus act on their own. I guess then wanted to do anything with franchise and original team is probably busy with making games for smartphones.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
jrpGOTY

I88EjbX.jpg

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Someone is trying very hard to imitate Raita's style and failing... heresy.

Kefka1134

Right.

I guess these are some great news for those JRPG aficionados that try play each and every JRPG, and who only managed to stomach VC's gameplay due to visuals and writing (and enormous collection of waifus, of course).

Haha ok ok, you know what, there was once was a time where any anime or JRPG of any kind was interesting to me. Nowadays though Japan for some reason invented the generic waifu simulator genre because there is an overseas squadron (maybe people in Japan too, I have no idea) that just eats it all up. Things became positively heretical when I discovered this style had penetrated JRPGs as well.

I was careless though in throwing VC into a generic category, they didn't release VC3 here but all the VCs are probably worth playing, my point was simply to say it does look more like 1 which (based on what I've seen and the people who have played all), is not a bad thing at all, gomen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7219

Just completed the Batomys mission. Selvaria beats you black and blue if you get into a fight with her, but once I realised she can't see you if you hide your troops away, the mission became pretty easy.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So hey, I finally finished the game (1) - did only the mandatory missions. What got me thinking though, the whole concentration camp stuff, where was that, it's on Gallian territory right ? And how long has the war been going on when the squad gets there ? Doesn't it seem probable that the camp was already there before the invasion ?

Adon

Arcane
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/2...on-perma-deaths-difficulty-and-upcoming-demo/

On the subject of losing a character:

Ozawa: “This is something that we’ve discussed a lot, but since death is a theme this time around, if we don’t have such deaths then the feeling of fear that comes with it won’t reach the player, so we’ve decided to go with it.”

Shimosato: “We’ve readied events and other story elements for sub-characters in order to further motivate players to not get people killed.”

Are there events that don’t occur if you lose a character?

Ozawa: “The main story will carry on, but the said character’s events will be cut out. However, like other Valkyria Chronicles titles, you’ll be able to redo things, and we’re planning on having players get to experience everything just by doing so.”

About how difficult is the game?

Ozawa: “I believe that there are definitely some obstacles there, and with that said, [the difficulty] is not that low. We plan on adding an easy mode and such for the matter.”

On the demo:

Shimosato: “Up until now we’ve released demos just before the release, and all the feedback we got from them ended up being of no use due to the schedule. For this reason, we aim to show off the system as soon as possible, and keep having it evolve. It’s a title that we’d like to make together with the players.”

Ozawa: “However, one thing we don’t want to you to misunderstand is that it won’t be a beta, as we plan on confidently getting your assent right off the bat.”

What about the volume of the demo?

Ozawa: “Since you’ll get a taste of the LeGION [battle system] we’re calling it the ‘Batt;e Demo.’ It’ll also have leveling elements in it, so you get to experience something like a game cycle for it.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Guys, is this game significantly improved by being on PC, or is it still consolised? I'm inclined to wait for the PS4 remaster if it's a bad PC port, but it's only $7 on steam at the moment.

Shammy

Learned
Guys, is this game significantly improved by being on PC, or is it still consolised? I'm inclined to wait for the PS4 remaster if it's a bad PC port, but it's only $7 on steam at the moment.
The port is actually pretty solid, imo, but you really should be playing with a controller for this game.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The port is actually pretty solid, imo, but you really should be playing with a controller for this game.

Game is easily played with m+k,in battle is way better with mouse duh it has aiming after all.Fuking console trash,should redirect jrpg forum to negaf or some other shithole

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

It's not a bad port. PS4 version will probably cost 30bux, if they do a remaster. There is also no guarantee that they won't fuck something up during the remaster (see Windwaker HD, for example).

Deleted member 7219

Still playing VC1. Around mission 7 I was thinking the game was getting too easy. Just shoot enemies in the face and send in Alicia to take their camps. Then the missions suddenly got a lot harder, with time limits and additional spawns.

I am also starting to enjoy the story, not as cringey Japanese as I thought it would be. The cutscenes look terrible, because they are low res, have the white canvas and the blurry shit which can be removed for gameplay and engine 'talkie' cutscenes, but not the pre-rendered ones, but I can deal.

Edit: Anyone who says you should play this with a controller should be given a dumbfuck tag automatically. The game demands M&KB for aiming and movement precision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shammy

Learned
Still playing VC1. Around mission 7 I was thinking the game was getting too easy. Just shoot enemies in the face and send in Alicia to take their camps. Then the missions suddenly got a lot harder, with time limits and additional spawns.

I am also starting to enjoy the story, not as cringey Japanese as I thought it would be. The cutscenes look terrible, because they are low res, have the white canvas and the blurry shit which can be removed for gameplay and engine 'talkie' cutscenes, but not the pre-rendered ones, but I can deal.

Edit: Anyone who says you should play this with a controller should be given a dumbfuck tag automatically. The game demands M&KB for aiming and movement precision.
Game is perfectly playable with a Controller. Had no problem with it on PS3 and on PC with an Xbone controller.

Glad you're enjoying the game though! It does kinda spike in difficulty but it's definitely a welcome transition, considering those first few missions are piss easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom