Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Dux

Arcane
Here are some pieces which I've always liked, some of which have probably been mentioned already.

Lord of the Rings on the SNES. Awful gameplay but excellent music. Based on the old cartoon movie.

The Commandos games are known for their mint soundtracks and this is one of my favourites - the theme to Beyond the Call of Duty:

Deleted member 7219

Great way to say goodbye to The Witcher series by including the motif in such a quiet, reflective track.

Gerrard

Arcane

Probably influenced by the Pacific Rim soundtrack a bit there. Unfortunately the rest of the music in the game is some weird ass electro trip pop denpa junk which I don't understand.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been digging through old archives and reminded myself about In Pursuit of Greed, a long forgotten FPS made on early alpha Doom engine. As I've started listening to the intro music which was so awesome I was disappointed with the core game. Later on the strong feeling of deja vu started occuring. Holy shit, it's the Crusader track ! Andrew Sega made the whole soundtrack, and some of the songs were reused/remade into Origin duology - for example - Dimension 2012 - 59:26 . Luckily there are nice people who ripped the whole thing and uploaded it on yt. Almost 90 minutes of great modtracks. Just try Song 2, as it's a new track. Now imagine listening while blasting in Crusader. Song 4 sounds like a lost track from first Unreal.

:obviously:

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Some stuff from In Pursuit of Greed was also used in Iron Seed (or maybe it was the other way around). Andrew Sega made some really cool music.

Vorark

Erudite
Monster Hunter games have nice tunes, here are some MH Dos oldies:

Assassin Sent to the Burning Sand

Queen of the Blazing Kingdom ~ Teostra & Lunastra

Life Sacrificed to Song

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom