Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Watch Dogs Watch

Some examples of shit gameplay are shown (like the "stealth" mission that is easily completed by bumrushing all the guards).

Besides, "those bugs are easily fixed" doesn't necessarily mean "those bugs will be fixed". If the quote I found on the other page is true ("Hell, some devs of the game reported that if you noticed a bug that wasnt related to your work, you actually had to submit a ticket, A FUCKING TICKET TO FIX YOUR OWN GAME, and it would take weeks to receive an answer..."), we probably shouldn't expect much.

(except DLC. Expect a lot of that)

baturinsky

Arcane
I remember uproar when in one Hitman game you could kill sikhs. This is an order of magnitude bigger. I wonder if there will be reaction in media, or people are already bored of videogame related drama?

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, there's some great tags on some of the people.

Also, I've come to a conclusion that there's no way the protagonist's douchebagness isn't intentional. He's genuinely written as an unlikeable character. Dude has a family that doesn't throw him out despite him fucking up hard; his sister's forgiven him for the death of her kid, the nephew with PTSD still hugs him, the hacker chick tries to be helpful, and the whole plot basically hinges on the protagonist being a tremendous douche. If he'd not poke his nose LIKE HIS SISTER ASKS HIM, he'd be okay. Maybe nothing'd happen if he did like his partner asked in the beginning, too. And he just goes on and on and out of his way being a fucking psycho. He even taught his hackbuddy to be the same kind of psycho as he is, so yeah.

There's no narrative dissonance here, the guy is a fucking loony.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
i-nnknNzJ-1050x10000.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Iffy controls, shit driving, lame mission design, cookie cutter general game design from the all usual Ubisoft parts and a douchebag for a protagonist starring in a rather lacklustre story. Seriously guys? This game comes out after all that came out regarding surveillance in reality and you come up with a story like this? Talk about a missed opportunity. Which incidently sums up my feelings regarding the game as a whole pretty well. Yeah, the hacking is fun for a bit. Then you quickly realise just how limited it is and you notice how the game is nothing but the next sandbox city driving game. And a forgettable one at that.

Plus I would really like to see Ubisoft not repeat the except same things in every game they make. Towers to unlock parts of the map, collectables, open world with zero reactivity, more collectables and their patented linear story activated through on map icons. A little bit of creativity won't hurt, guys.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ It's boilerplate console design. They'll never deviate from it since most 'gamers' consider that content.

spectre

Arcane
Well, there's some real first world problems right there.
Hello Patricia Hernanedez, do you know that "digital minorities" aren't real people? Or maybe you're having trouble separating fantasy and reality, just like your da said you would if you played too much vidja games?

Thanks for the repost, it had comedy value but they don't deserve any traffic for this shit.

I'm still torn whether the game's good enough for torrenting, or should I just stick to GTA 4 or 5 (when this actually goes out on PC) when I get an itch for urban freeroam.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Massive LOL at the kotaku retardation, killing random people for fun in GTA or Postal - not a problem, but seleciting your victims - OMG poor minorities, racism, oy vey! SJW-tards criticizing "controversial" stuff in games are way dumber and funnier than oldschool conservative dumbfuck moral guardians.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
bPaiRlk.jpg

I wonder if it gives you a discount or if you have to pay extra when you buy her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom