Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

thesoup

Arcane
When am I supposed to get a list of suspects from Raymond?
Go get your stuff back.

Did so, no list :/
Did he tell you to come back later? Because if he did, just go back. Whenever someone says that, you just gotta reenter the room.
If that wasn't the case,just follow the breadcrumbs. I.e. Jethro in the cell should tell you where he got the sword.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
What's the special reward for collecting all cards?
The shittiest long quest is the one for the dentist - takes a whole game to complete and the reward is totally meh...

Eh? The best steel sword, by far, is meh?
Sure some teeth may be easily missable/used up by alchemy, making it possible to fail this quest, which can be annoying. But complaining about the reward? Really?
It only has pure damage, no bonus to effects. I thought effects were teh shit, because everything died fast anyway? (at this point in the game)

v1rus

Arcane
Beat Chapter 2.

Darn it, that Javed boss music was so awesome.

Also, are any of those additional scenarios worth a play?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I'd only recommend the two official ones, really. "The Price of Neutrality" is by far the better of the two, essentially an alternative telling of Sapkowski's short storyThe Lesser Evil. "Side Effects" is kind of fun, but you won't really miss out on much if you just skip it. All of the fan-made modules I've checked out have been garbage, some more than the others. Maybe give a shot to one or two of the most interesting ones and see if they can hold your interest.

v1rus

Arcane
I'd only recommend the two official ones, really. "The Price of Neutrality" is by far the better of the two, essentially an alternative telling of Sapkowski's short storyThe Lesser Evil. "Side Effects" is kind of fun, but you won't really miss out on much if you just skip it. All of the fan-made modules I've checked out have been garbage, some more than the others. Maybe give a shot to one or two of the most interesting ones and see if they can hold your interest.

And how long are they on the average? Thinking about giving every single one included in EE Directors cut a shot, just for completion's sake.

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The official ones are a couple of hours each at most. In general they're something you can complete in one sitting, although I think there are some longer ones among the unofficial modules.

v1rus

Arcane
The official ones are a couple of hours each at most. In general they're something you can complete in one sitting, although I think there are some longer ones among the unofficial modules.

One sitting is what i hoped for. Well, Ill def beat official ones, and we'll see about those 3 or 4 CD Projekt decided to include.

Also, am I the only one who's maaaadly triggered by the fact that Thaler appears in Witcher 3, even if you imported a save from 1 to 2 to 3 where he's dead af.

Frozen

Arcane
From those separate adventures only The price of neutrality is worth it, everything else is a waste of time, garbage.
And they are all short so that's at least a good thing (couple of h each at max.)
I mean you can play them if you like TW1 gameplay lol but only that 1 adds some story elements that fit nice just before TW2

v1rus

Arcane
I really dont know which of the sides too chose :(

No way I'd join order, tho I'd like to continue the bromance with Siegfried, and to see him in Witcher 2. Scioatel are ok I guess, but I seriously dont want to kill Siegfried.
neutral is teh best, but I feel like it doesnt contribute anything to Witcher 2 :/

v1rus

Arcane
Do not consider it siding with the Order, consider it siding with Siegfried :)

Ow, dammit, now I know who to choose even less.

Which one was most satysfing, plot wise? Also, as I understood it, you cant side with the faction you didnt choose during bank robbery, right?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Do not consider it siding with the Order, consider it siding with Siegfried :)

Ow, dammit, now I know who to choose even less.

Which one was most satysfing, plot wise?

Well. There is no follow up involving Yaevinn in TW2. Plus... ask Zoltan about the Scoia'tael. You trust your old pal Zoltan, don't you?

Also, as I understood it, you cant side with the faction you didnt choose during bank robbery, right?

Exactly.

v1rus

Arcane
Well. There is no follow up involving Yaevinn in TW2. Plus... ask Zoltan about the Scoia'tael. You trust your old pal Zoltan, don't you?

Darnit, Im going full Deus Vult Eternal Fire fill my heart, am I not?

The response Siegfieid gave me after Golem battle broke something in me

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane

Darnit, Im going full Deus Vult Eternal Fire fill my heart, am I not?

The response Siegfieid gave me after Golem battle broke something in me
He says something after that battle?

Btw men if you're like me and you mash that f5 button lkke there's no tomorrow, remember that the game always creates a new save file. This can add up and by chapter 4 I had 476 save files that took up a total of 8.22 GB. Whenever I'd fire up the game, just loading all those save files after pressing the load game button in the main menu would take over a minute.

So if the main menu to load menu transition feels sluggish, I highly recommend visiting your save folder and deleting everything but the last few saves.

duchU

Educated
I really dont know which of the sides too chose :(

No way I'd join order, tho I'd like to continue the bromance with Siegfried, and to see him in Witcher 2. Scioatel are ok I guess, but I seriously dont want to kill Siegfried.
neutral is teh best, but I feel like it doesnt contribute anything to Witcher 2 :/
The thing is TW2 doesn't give a fuck about your TW1 choices the same way TW3 doesn't care about TW2 choices. This is the worst thing in the whole series. I have completed TW1 three times at least (a long time ago), bought TW2 on day one and completed it just a few months ago because I have been pissed so much about the beginning I couldn't go on (plus I kinda hate combat in TW2 - it feels like playing as a snail or a turtle).

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
The thing is TW2 doesn't give a fuck about your TW1 choices the same way TW3 doesn't care about TW2 choices. This is the worst thing in the whole series. I have completed TW1 three times at least (a long time ago), bought TW2 on day one and completed it just a few months ago because I have been pissed so much about the beginning I couldn't go on (plus I kinda hate combat in TW2 - it feels like playing as a snail or a turtle).
Well, The Witcher 2 cares a bit more about TW1 choices than Witcher 3 about TW2.
At least Siegfried is in here unlike him and Iorveth in TW3 if you played your cards right in TW1
And I feel that The Witcher 2 did better job at siding Triss with Geralt unlike The Witcher 3 with black & white wench.

Last edited:

SteelAttack

Novice
My all-time Witcher crush will always be Philippa Eilhart. Fuck Triss, fuck Yen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom