Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

Gord

Arcane
Anyone got the chance to try it yet?
I consider waiting for an inevitable update.

It's also available on the Nexus, btw.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, and so did the FCR for the first game. The question is, however, does it make it harder in absolutely retarded ways like that one did?

Gord

Arcane
Seems to have a few balancing issues and bugs from what I read in various comments.
So far, many human enemies seem to be push-overs (or so I read) thanks to auto-blocking, while some monsters (Nekkers in particular) can be devastating.

My plan is to wait for an update.

Cromwell

Arcane
Yeah, and so did the FCR for the first game. The question is, however, does it make it harder in absolutely retarded ways like that one did?

I play the first again right now, this time with fcr in medium (easy package). I read that the fcr was even on the easies (easy, easy package) difficulty way harder then the original on hard. I dont know which retarded ways you mean, I have no problem so far with fcr. I even, to my suprise, managed to kill the beast in the first try, a fight which made me furious the first time I went there. But maybe my choosen difficulty is not hard enough to see it.

From what I understand from the first mod it is intended that normal humans are to be pushed over by you, in the first one at least as long as you dont let them surround you (for to long) wheras monsters by default should be hard.

Hard mode for FCR basically required you to build your character nearly perfectly + use the right oils/potions and even then you'd have a decent chance of losing 2/3rds of your health in any given monster fight. It was a little extreme but hardly "absolutely retarded". Certainly better than fights that were a several minute QTE with only 1 button.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Isn't making it harder the point? Otherwise it was just roll to win.
Geralt just kept rolling natural 20s.
:troll:
Because that's how he rolls.
15021813.jpg

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does the mod make the game decent or is it still just as shitty?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Jedi Knight 2 Lightsaber multiplayer was awesome. Jedi Knight 3 was pretty good too (arguably better but the game didn't 'feel' as good). 3 lightsaber styles and different combos of swings and stuff per combo of movement keys, plus special moves. They were probably the last good melee FPS games made (Rune before that). I remember a 5v5 CTF clan war we had of that at a LAN in 2002, awesome fun.

Unfortunately Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ended up being clunky as fuck.

Arkham Asylum is a console port man.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Dark Souls is also a console port... as is the entire legacy of kain series. Just because something was ported from a console doesn't make it auto bad man. Yes there were 3 lightsaber styles and combos, but there was still only one button to attack, also you could just run in clicking that one button while running around in a strafing circle and you would have a good chance to win (it did have good looking combat that's true). Besides I wasn't talking about MP.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
TBH I've never played JK or JK2 singleplayer. Just MP.

Point with the three games I gave an example of was really fluid action combat designed for PC.

Dark Souls might be an awesome game but it's still a rather clunky game designed for 30 FPS. AFAIK the PC port controls are fucked as well. I did hear there was a fix or something though, I refuse to use a controller.

The console has ruined the action game. I am doubtful I'll ever see another fluid PC action game ... instead we'll just get horrible attempts at it like The Witcher 2 (combat being the worst part of the game IMO).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom