Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
CD Projekt games are just Bioware games going through the angsty teen phase.

Bethesda games are the college, "muh inner childhood" phase except dumbed down because of the lack of time and dedication

Your Bethesda analogy is terrible, I get the sense that your idea of college was very different than mine

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i have a better analogy

if a RPG is a nice pretty girl, then Beth is the black immigrant fucking her ass, Bio is the Paki immigrant fucking her mouth and screaming to her ear about Allah and CDProjekt is the slav guy watching it all and pretending to be morally and culturally better person (witcher 1), but actually wish he was one of those two (witcher 2 and 3).

guys, am i doin it right?

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I'll take my crack at it. Bioware is the easy one, she's the granola hipster who doesn't believe in showering or shaving her armpits. Beth is like the vapid girl trying to look pretty who uses so much makeup that her face melts off during shower sex. And CDProject is a pretty girl who you think you want to fuck (music, story) but then ends up just lying there like a starfish (gameplay).

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll take my crack at it. Bioware is the easy one, she's the granola hipster who doesn't believe in showering or shaving her armpits. Beth is like the vapid girl trying to look pretty who uses so much makeup that her face melts off during shower sex. And CDProject is a pretty girl who you think you want to fuck (music, story) but then ends up just lying there like a starfish (gameplay).

Please do Fallout 2, The Dark Heart of Uukrul and Arcanum :lol:

Ninjerk

Arcane

Well I can pretty easily take on Arcanum. She's a chick that everyone you know raves about, and she looks pretty good at first, but when you strip her pants off her dick flops out and she fucks you with it. And you're totally not into that.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Well I can pretty easily take on Arcanum. She's a chick that everyone you know raves about, and she looks pretty good at first, but when you strip her pants off her dick flops out and she fucks you with it. And you're totally not into that.

AXIfUQO.jpg

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Bioware is the guy who used to be a bro, but ended up letting himself be pussywhipped by a control-freak who doesn't let him have friends. Bethesda is the guy who used to be a bro, but went into business and now spouts inane corporate gibberish every time he opens his mouth. CD projekt is the guy who used to be really boring, but ended up getting a real personality over time and is actually pretty cool now.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Fuck yeah can't wait to kill monsters and fuck bitches, especially the human ones!

Got my beard and pony tail already. Just waiting for that first day I am playing twitcher 3 in full nerd mode. I love swords and magic combos.

made

Arcane
Community managers Marcin i Tadek answer 20 burning fan questions, such as "Will there be horse armor?"

Gerrard

Arcane
"We want the players to experience the whole game at once"
"We don't want the game to rush players"

:decline:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
"We don't want the game to rush players"
I don't see anything wrong with this. Especially in open-world games it's good if you can explore at your leisure without being constantly pushed in a particular direction. Very few RPGs have any kind of real urgency anyway, they're usually just faking it.

Gerrard

Arcane
There's nothing worse than situations where you are told to hurry but in reality there's no time limit of any kind.

made

Arcane
Revolution in gaming! Geralt learnt to open bottles and drink from them while standing! So much immersion!

He didn't learn it. He just remembered he could do this in Witcher 1.
It wasn't really feasible though due to the long ass animation that would get you killed if you popped hp pots in combat. The new system sounds like it will encourage exactly that.

Tytus

Arcane
Revolution in gaming! Geralt learnt to open bottles and drink from them while standing! So much immersion!

It wasn't really feasible though due to the long ass animation that would get you killed if you popped hp pots in combat. The new system sounds like it will encourage exactly that.

I don't how you played it, but I didn't have a problem with getting a little breathing space from an enemy and popping a potion.

made

Arcane

I don't how you played it, but I didn't have a problem with getting a little breathing space from an enemy and popping a potion.
Memory's a little fuzzy, all I remember is that it discouraged potion spam and you were better off pre-potting since the hp pot was a slow HOT anyway.

Xbalanque

Educated
It did mechanically as all the potions are poison and, yeah it took some time to drink it, but this made sens, actually. Still, I think the Wicher 1 toxicity system was better than the W2, althoguh it should have been less forgiving

eremita

Savant
A turn-based RPG revolution and some of you fuckers are still mad that other developers are making games for people who aren't you.

Ok, now, accept that CD Project makes better action games than Bioware and Bethesda.
Sorry, but no. CD Projekt has the best art, music, and writing of the three, but definitely not gameplay.
For me, it's something like this: Writing: 1) CDProjekt 2) Bioware 3) Bethesda; Gameplay: 1) Bioware 2) Bethesda 3) CDProjekt; Art 1) CDProjekt 2) Bethesda 3) Bioware; music: 1) CDProjekt 2) Bethesda 3) Bioware; Area dDesign: 1) Bethesda 2) CDProjekt 3) Bioware

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom