Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Quatlo

Arcane
They are really touching my secret places with mentioning Gothic everytime. Probably they are talking about 3rd game.
Don't forego your hope!
In Poland Gothic 1 and 2 are cult classics, probably because they were added to a lot of gaming magazines so almost everyone played it, even the guys who usually play only fifa and nfs.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Gothic series is huge in central europe. All my gamer friends played it too. Hell, I remember being on a LAN party back in 2002 or so, 6 people, and guess what everyone was playing there, on a LAN party...
Gothic 1.
It had such a stunning atmosphere, man. And the world design in G1+G2 NOTR was simply brilliant. So whenever they name drop that as inspiration, I cheer a little inside. Witcher 2 already had similar style of design, although not open world yet.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gothic series is huge in central europe. All my gamer friends played it too. Hell, I remember being on a LAN party back in 2002 or so, 6 people, and guess what everyone was playing there, on a LAN party...
Gothic 1.
It had such a stunning atmosphere, man. And the world design in G1+G2 NOTR was simply brilliant. So whenever they name drop that as inspiration, I cheer a little inside. Witcher 2 already had similar style of design, although not open world yet.

I'd kill for a Gothic 2 clone with better graphics and more villages.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So they make two shitty games then finally wise up on how to make an arpg? Yeah... doubt it. Name-dropping Gothic for marketing purposes.

So they make two shitty games then finally wise up on how to make an arpg? Yeah... doubt it. Name-dropping Gothic for marketing purposes.
i wouldnt say shitty just vastly overrated, especially beween potatoes. both games had shitty combat and i dont really know which one was worse.

Athelas

Arcane
Name-dropping Gothic for marketing purposes.
Then they would be name-dropping Skyrim, which they did a few months ago. Most gamers don't give a shit about Gothic, if they are even aware of its existence.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The mention of Gothic is so hilarious. "Hey guys, tell you what, we always wanted to make a Gothic game, those other two popamole and shallow games we made were a total acident. This time is for real we really want to make a RPG, trust us. No, we totally don't want the popamolers money even if our budget is a lot higher, for real! Give us your money and you gonna see it" Chore simulator 1 and rolling simulator 2 were kinda of shitty.

I liked them because I wanted medieval fantasy that wasn't retarded DnD and try to be a bit more complex and because of the boobies too but the gameplay in both was BAD. I was so starved for some fantasy that wasn't so bland like DnD that I kinda survived the gameplay to see the story and the pretty graphics/art direction. I hope they at least, don't shit as hard as they did on the previous ones on the gameplay department because there is no way this game gonna be a Gothic like game.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
W3 is set in Skellige, right? Slavicness will most likely be largely replaced by vague nordicness. SKYRUM!!

subotaiy

Cipher
I you expect anything different from W2, you'll be disappointed. It will be the same, but in bigger quantity, to attract Skyrim crowd. Of course, full of obscene words and titties, which is as "mature" as a smoking 12 year old.

Xbalanque

Educated
W3 is set in Skellige, right? Slavicness will most likely be largely replaced by vague nordicness. SKYRUM!!

Didn´t the W2 already lose most of its slavicness?

I enjoyed both games although I don´t really like having to impersonate Geralt, after reading all books I seems to know how would he have acted and it kills the possibility to make different choices. You can make the alright but they would feel out of character so there´s no point. Don´t think that´s gonna change in the next game.

I still hope they won´t fuck it all up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom