Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

veskoandroid

Educated
Lol wtf
0929c99d34f96b2abf1e9ec09f1d7b1f.jpg

Hes got new skills!

Meanwhile...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhlNUvveuUk

This one's nice too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMWV3p9YxN4

Triss choice is crap, dumb faced teen girl. Witcher smile doesnt belong to that scene and fight is a bit naive with those twirls and swirls but, appreciate the effort reminded me of w2. Good stuff.

Last edited:

veskoandroid

Educated
So im in Toussaint and its lods of laughter so many funny sub quests.

But when in town game freezes every few seconds for a half second. Tried lowering both graphics and post processing, none helps. I suppose its bc town is so full of details, buildings? Never happens in the wild.

I got amd fx 8320 and amd radeon r7 360, 8gb ram.

Game runs smoothly on ultra graphics and high post-processing settings generally was similar in novigrad with freezing but occasionally only.

Falksi

Arcane
Still the best part of the game.

Best sounding Geralt is the French one:

Christ when you think of the money that all these actors must cost.

Just spend a bit of that cash in actually putting something intereting in the actual gaming world other than a plethora of cut-paste locations/enemies/loot/etc. please next time chaps. I would have much sooner had less characters & more interation with them in TW3 too.

Endemic

Arcane
Christ when you think of the money that all these actors must cost.

Most of the major roles are recurring from Witcher 2, and these are mostly theatre people that cost less than the likes of Nolan North.

when in town game freezes every few seconds for a half second. Tried lowering both graphics and post processing, none helps. I suppose its bc town is so full of details, buildings? Never happens in the wild.

Game runs smoothly on ultra graphics and high post-processing settings generally was similar in novigrad with freezing but occasionally only.
Probably the shitload of mods you're using. You could always just run MSI afterburner to see if cpu/gpu/ram etc are reaching near 100% usage when it happens.

Sentinel

Arcane
So im in Toussaint and its lods of laughter so many funny sub quests.

But when in town game freezes every few seconds for a half second. Tried lowering both graphics and post processing, none helps. I suppose its bc town is so full of details, buildings? Never happens in the wild.

Hey, are you using the Steam version?
There's a bug in the Steam client currently that's affecting some people which causes periodic hitches during gameplay. This is caused by recurrent massive spikes in HDD usage because Steam is writing data to localconfig.vdf file. Go to steam\userdata\[yourID]\config and check if you find a "localconfig.vdf" file. If it is there and it has an unusual size (bigger than ~1MB), it's most likely the cause of your problem. Delete it and restart steam. Beware that this will reset your steam settings.

If you want to see if the file is what is causing the problem, open Resource Monitor and go to the Disk tab and play for a bit. When the freeze occurs, alt tab and check if there was a spike in HDD usage and if the culprit is that particular file.

veskoandroid

Educated
Thx crunchy, probably that as i do have a shitload of mods. Removed several, seems less freezing, or at least so.
Thx sentinel but i have gog version.

Tried to merge mods in mod bundle before and it never worked, to reduce mods number. So i stick with good ones i chose.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Any mods&stuff recommended for a first playthrough? Is worth digging for old W2 saves, does importing impact much of anything?

Sentinel

Arcane
The Kill/Spare Letho decision is important for a side quest, and if you got that tattoo in Witcher 2 your Witcher 3 Geralt will also have it IIRC. That's about it.

Any mods&stuff recommended for a first playthrough?
Required for modding:
unification patch http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2134/?
script merger http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/

Run script merger and launch the game after each new mod.

Bugfixes/patches:
Nitpicker's Patch http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2117/?
No more rolling down stairs http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/497/?
Fix For Avalach Lab Music http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2165/?

Highly recommended gameplay enhancements:
All quest objectives on map http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/943/
Alternate horse controls+ immersive motion(submods of immersive cam): http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/689/?
Roach Never Stops http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2288/?

I think that's enough for someone just starting out. The rest of it should be mod as you feel the need to. The combat, alchemy/crafting, economy, challenge/difficulty are pretty much broken but IMO none of the mods truly fix these systems. Make sure you turn on enemy upscaling.

Is worth digging for old W2 saves, does importing impact much of anything?
Maybe over an hour's worth of extra content though you'll have to look for it.
Even without a TW2 savefile there are a couple of easy ways you can import your TW2 worldstate into TW3:
- start a new game with the "simulate a witcher 2 save" option and someone at the end of the prologue will ask you to recap the major events of TW2(this is the only way to do it on consoles although it doesn't account for as many changes as a savefile import would)
- alternatively use debug commands during the prologue to set all the TW2 variables that are used in TW3:
You can use the debug console mod to change your choices with the addfact() and removefact() commands. Some facts that are relevant to TW2 save import:

simulate_import_ingame - enable simulated save import (probably what you want, set this before the conversation with Voorhis)

import_iorweth_path - sided with Iorveth in Chapter 1 (this and all the following ones probably need to be set before the end of the prologue)
import_council_exists - rescued Triss in Chapter 3
import_geralt_rescued_triss - same as above, but not actually used in the game
import_letho_alive - spared Letho at the end of the game
import_radowid_has_anais - gave Anais to Radovid (Roche path only)
import_saskia_alive - did not kill Saskia (the dragon) in Chapter 3
import_arjan_dead - should be self-explanatory
import_sheala_alive - this one is obvious, too
import_henselt_alive - spared Henselt
import_odrin_met - as it says
import_geralt_has_tattoo - Geralt has the tattoo from Chapter 1
import_geralt_drank_mysterious_potion - met the alchemists and drank their potion in Flotsam

It is probably enough to use addfact(simulate_import_ingame) in the prologue before talking to Voorhis, that should enable the usual simulated save import.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Any mods&stuff recommended for a first playthrough? Is worth digging for old W2 saves, does importing impact much of anything?

Immersive Cam and its submods (motion, horse control..) are pretty must have. Improve gameplay significantly.
Volumetric Clouds make Skellige looks even better.
HD Reworked adds nice texture detail.
Sensible borders is pretty cool.

veskoandroid

Educated
Parabalus i wrote some of my mods in my pretty dead thread. Check them out. They are at the end of thread.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/115740/

Also friendly hud is a must if its compatible with overhaul mod you want to install (works with ghost/wraith, probably w3ee, dunno bce).
Absolute/immersive cam.

Yeah, true minimalist witcher sense or no witcher sense mod. I like true sinse i can also jump/climb while senses active and it has merge version for no weather combat mod. Either way, take double sense range optional mod from no witcher sense mod page.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone found a way to access his Enhanced Edition mod's "saddlebags" (stash) without having to go to the locations where the vanilla stash chests are placed? If I am supposed to have "saddlebags" in place of stash but I can't open them while on the road, this can't pass for "immersive" in any way.

v1rus

Arcane
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone found a way to access his Enhanced Edition mod's "saddlebags" (stash) without having to go to the locations where the vanilla stash chests are placed? If I am supposed to have "saddlebags" in place of stash but I can't open them while on the road, this can't pass for "immersive" in any way.

Huh? Afaik, saddlebags increase the cap of your inventory.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Saddlebags in vanilla are items. But my understanding is that in W3EE "saddlebags" is the name they give to your stash. Actually, I haven't yet bought saddlebags for the horse. Maybe that will allow me to interact with its saddlebags separate from my own inventory.

No idea really, the mod comes with zero documentation.

Here is all it says about inventory in the mod description:
  • Inventory
Geralt's carrying capacity is lowered by a lot, but in turn you can store items in your horse's inventory and carry more overall than one could in vanilla.
There are several quality of life improvements to horse inventory management such as transferring all miscellaneous items, like crafting components into it with a single button press and also inventory sorting. If you have weapons and armors selected, the stash will only show weapons and armors too.
Crafting ingredients, money, etc are all automatically used when setting a fire, crafting, doing alchemy, buying items, etc as long as the horse is near.
If the horse is near when you are at a shop or a craftsman, you can switch between Geralt's inventory and the horse's inventory to directly buy and sell things into and from it, directly dismantle items from it and repair items in it.

veskoandroid

Educated
Well could be roach needs a saddle, since his mod accentuates it. Just add saddle via console command and see.

If you have other mods, maybe saddle, horse etc they might be conflicting w w3ee? Happens for some of my mods.
Script merger is a must. For EVERY mod you install load game check if it works, if not, either it wasnt properly merged, or it conflicts with other mod/s. Or both.

Parabalus

Arcane
Been enjoying this way more than I thought I would, thanks to everyone for the mod suggestions.

Combat has been surprisingly refreshing on DM. Even though a lot of stuff you get is pretty broken (Aard/Igni 100% stagger/burning, set bonuses, Aerondight, all mutations really) enemies one/two shot you so you can't really get complacent. Haven't touched alchemy much at all yet, will probably respec and try it out. Very fun all in all, miles above W1 & W2 .

The quests are very robust, you can pretty much skip entire segments or several steps and the game will take it into account, so far only had two minor issues (dialogue bug when "returning" sword to swordswoman if you already had it and BaW assuming you've defeated Eredin[though that makes sense timeline wise, eh]).

There is one quest with a tower, where you have to find a "GOG" book to defeat "DRM", almost missed that joke. Game really deserves all the praise it got here.

Beowulf

Arcane
What mods are you using?
And could you write a sentence or two, what's good about them?

I'm thinking about getting back to W3.

Parabalus

Arcane
What mods are you using?

Not really an expert - played for a few hours without anything then went 1 by 1 on the mods mentioned on the last page.

Ended up only installing all quests on map, yrden "fix" for entanglement and a better trophies mod, aslo the console to set the import states CrunchyHemorrhoid described. I'd have installed fast travel everywhere too if I hadn't been afraid of breaking quests. The mods are pretty self evident, not much to explain.

If you played through it already you should probably look at the two threads with combat overhauls, I'm enjoying just DM with no alchemy, difficult/fun enough for me at least.

veskoandroid

Educated
What mods are you using?

Beowulf im writing categorized list for mods, ill post it today/tmrw, hope you can wait?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom