Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Look, our difference boils down to this. Witcher 3 is a certain type of game/RPG. It doesn't give you multiple builds that are fun. You have to play it with swords mostly (signs just for utility and certain tough fights), and with quick attack. You won't have much choice in this. But once you get past that, and play it that way, it's a hell of a game, and you can focus on amazing writing/dialogue, awesome world and lore and characters, and fun combat (with quick attacks).

If you fight this, and try to mod in some kind of balanced sign build or strong attack build or whatever, you will fail, because those are not fun builds to begin with. What's the fun in casting non-reactive spells? Or how can you make a slow attack work in a game where you are constantly attacked by multiple foes? You can't. Just take what's given and enjoy it.

Look, our difference boils down to this. Witcher 3 is a certain type of game/RPG. It doesn't give you multiple builds that are fun. You have to play it with swords mostly (signs just for utility and certain tough fights), and with quick attack. You won't have much choice in this. But once you get past that, and play it that way, it's a hell of a game, and you can focus on amazing writing/dialogue, awesome world and lore and characters, and fun combat (with quick attacks).

If you fight this, and try to mod in some kind of balanced sign build or strong attack build or whatever, you will fail, because those are not fun builds to begin with. What's the fun in casting non-reactive spells? Or how can you make a slow attack work in a game where you are constantly attacked by multiple foes? You can't. Just take what's given and enjoy it.

You seem to think it important to remind me that the game is really good. Trust me, I don't need convincing. I've played the entire trilogy. I have my final saves from W1 and W2 backed up on Google Drive just so that I can preserve my canon if I ever need to replay the third game again. I can still fondly remember many W3 characters, even the small side ones, like the old Skellige veteran who meets his end at the blades of a pair of thugs, or the firm but fair Nilfgaardian garrison commander in White Orchard. I think the games are beautiful and full of soul and a kind of slavic character.

So no, I think our differences boil down to this: we both love the games because we are massive fags, right? These games hold sentimental value to us and every night we break out our black-veined witcher dildos and pound our tight assholes mercilessly while crying out for Jerold. So yes, Witcher 3 is good and is worth playing vanilla - but I emphasize that is despite its flaws, while you don't seem to want to even accept them as such.

You say that Witcher 3 was never designed with great build diversity in mind and I would agree. However, to suggest that it was designed with a single playstyle in mind is just silly, man. If it were truly so, then the game would have a single branch for abilities, maybe with a few choices here and there, or a casual auto-level system. If you are never supposed to use heavy attacks, they wouldn't exist: you'd have normal attacks, whirl, and rend, and that way the game would never mislead you into thinking that heavy attacks do anything but curb your DPS. You are actually less charitable to the game's designers than me, IMO, because you suggest that they designed this one well-balanced playstyle and then added all the extra, unnecessary, game-breaking shit for no reason other than to trick the players or try to pass their game off as "that kind of game."

As for your repeated insistance that the game cannot in any way be improved with careful modding, I don't even know what to say. You are making, essentially, statements of faith with very little substance that boil down to "it can't be any other motherfucking way" or "just take what's given and fucking enjoy it" which is completely asinine, duderino. It almost seems to me that you are afraid of accepting that the game could be different, the game could be better - why? There is nothing wrong with accepting a game as a deeply flawed gem.

To answer you, though, let's consider how a heavy attack might be improved. My current installation is modded with Better Combat Evolved 3, which doubles the Strong Attack damage multiplier from 33% to 66%. If I go to whack the White Orchard ghouls right now, I will find that heavy attacks are more efficient at dealing damage than light attacks: the former kills in 3 hits whereas the latter does it in 7-8. However, this is balanced out by the fact that BCE3 introduces stamina cost for every single action, and you cannot perform any action - not just signs - if you don't have the stamina to spend. So light attacks are more efficient against enemies that have a high chance to dodge (ghouls, nekkers, etc), as you have more time and stamina to recover if that occurs, plus if you are going for high crit/bleed/etc builds. On the other hand, heavy attacks more way efficient against armored, heavy enemies, and just about anything else if you've the stamina for it . Just like God intended.

And listen, I'm sure some retard can easily fuck up their experience by installing several ENHANCED EDITION SO COOL overhauls on top of one another like some sort of autistic nesting doll. I am obviously suggesting that only people willing to carefully read instructions and exercise their better judgement should attempt to mod the game. But your advice, to leave the game as-is because nothing is wrong with it, is incorrect and misleading and that is what I take issue with.

Not sure why you have so much trouble against groups, by the way. The White Orchard ghouls teach you to isolate and destroy them, as otherwise the health regen fucks you. The same tactics stay relevant for the rest of the game.

Anyway, I personally find that good systems can help me appreciate the story and world of the game more than bad ones. Take the alchemy system and its (d)evolution throughout the series, for instance. In Witcher 1, the alchemy system grounded you to the world. I knew to avoid dangerous places when I wasn't prepared and to hunt monsters at night for reagents. I appreciated settlements and inns, because those were the places where I could rest, meditate, and brew preparations. These alchemical preparations typically lasted you an entire night, so I planned around the day/night cycle so that I could clear out the largest amount of monsters while spending as little resources as possible, ideally in a single night. And I even felt some relief when I came back to the settlement to rest at the end of a long night of smacking bitches down, yo. I was immersed because the world made sense.

In Witcher 3, I collected 5 bear asses and a celandine and made a potion out of them, which translated into a 30% boost to damage for a minute or whatever. I quickly forgot about the potion because they magically regenerated as long as I had booze in my inventory, which was so abundant that I had to buy more exactly twice in the entire game. At the same time, the game world was full of the fucking celandines, as if the game was once designed for the player to keep brewing his potion ala Witcher 1, and not just do it once and then forget about it like an upgrade from some shitty Ubisoft game. The world did not make sense.

Realismfags and imershunfags are just a step behind balancefags.

I agree, and that is why I am not the latter. I am not saying that every action and build must be equally valid, I am more preoccupied with fixing fundamental problems. Again, if a game gives you two attack types, I think it is really bad if one of them is not at least somewhat viable at the start of the game. Balance is a sliding scale (or whatever other shitty simile one could use,) and surely one could improve it without going full autism and reducing everything to equally valid, and thus equally meaningless, playstyles.

You provided pretty interesting information in your post by the way, thanks! Do you remember which game version introduced these nerfs?

^Patch 1.07 nerfed igni, introduced the stashes and removed crafting component weight.

Patch 1.20 for B&W introduced new (inferior) textures for witcher armor sets to make them compatible with the dye system, enemy upscaling, gwent card counter, manual sword drawing/sheathing, and copied your books&scrolls into your glossary allowing you to safely sell them.

Coincidentally most of those things were already being done by mods, devs somehow missed the memo that the game couldn't be improved upon. :lol:

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Every game can potentially be improved by mods because no game is perfect. I do agree TW3 needs mods less than most, but I still can't imagine playing it without being able to adjust camera and get better controls via Immersive Cam, for example. I got way too used to it.

^And every single thing ImmersiveCam/Alternatecontrols does can be fully configured or even disabled from an in-game menu, which is why it's so easy to recommend, unlike overhaul mods where nobody will ever agree with all of the changes(except their authors).

I am not saying you can't do anything. You can play heavy attack build, sign build, flirting build, whatever. My point is that the game is not designed, on a fundamental level, for those builds to be enjoyable in any way. Things like heavy attack and sign enhancing abilities were put in because W3 is an "RPG", so the devs had to put something in to allow multiple builds, but it's a joke. You talk about applying heavy attack against larger, more powerful monsters. Well, first of all, think about who you are mostly facing in W3: bandits/human enemies, nekkers/ghouls/drowners/wraiths, wolves/wild dogs. These are all quick enemies that attack in groups, and they represent the vast majority of enemies in W3. So why would anyone make a build that doesn't work against them, like say a Heavy Attack build? It has nothing to do with damage, heavy attack has a slow animation, and you will get ripped to shreds if you try it against those quick enemy groups. I would argue that even against slow, powerful enemies, heavy attack is inferior fundamentally because of the slow speed. It makes you much worse at dodging/avoiding enemy blows, so even if you do more damage, you can die much easier, especially on high difficulty levels.

Signs, on the other hand, sure, you can level them up and become powerful that way, but there is no fun in this. What makes the core W3 combat fun is the reactivity: you have to time your parries, time your dodges, control groups with movement. Using signs takes all of that out of the equation, since you just spam stuff.

I am not saying you can't do anything. You can play heavy attack build, sign build, flirting build, whatever. My point is that the game is not designed, on a fundamental level, for those builds to be enjoyable in any way. Things like heavy attack and sign enhancing abilities were put in because W3 is an "RPG", so the devs had to put something in to allow multiple builds, but it's a joke.

Again, do you realize that your version of the story is significantly less charitable to the developers than mine? I am merely saying that the developers have made mistakes (pretty big ones, admittedly.) You are saying that they compromised the vision of their game and misled the players so that they can follow RPG trends. Surely malice is worse than error.

You talk about applying heavy attack against larger, more powerful monsters. Well, first of all, think about who you are mostly facing in W3: bandits/human enemies, nekkers/ghouls/drowners/wraiths, wolves/wild dogs. These are all quick enemies that attack in groups, and they represent the vast majority of enemies in W3. So why would anyone make a build that doesn't work against them, like say a Heavy Attack build? It has nothing to do with damage, heavy attack has a slow animation, and you will get ripped to shreds if you try it against those quick enemy groups. I would argue that even against slow, powerful enemies, heavy attack is inferior fundamentally because of the slow speed. It makes you much worse at dodging/avoiding enemy blows, so even if you do more damage, you can die much easier, especially on high difficulty levels.

Heavy attacks (keep in mind, I am only considering their viable, buffed version in the modded game, not the vanilla one) are way more efficient against human enemies than light attacks, as humans tend to parry more than they dodge and their movements are slow enough compared to the overwhelming behaviors of groups of monsters to land several hits in. The same applies to large, slow monsters (does anyone really have trouble dodging an earth elemental, with or without using heavy attacks?) and, most of the time, single opponents. Perhaps you find dodging them difficult, but I do not - and I played the game with the aforementioned mod that prevents me from rolling around like crazy to become effectively invincible like one could in the vanilla game. Heavy attacks are are also great against armored opponents. In other words, it is exactly how it should be: light attacks for dodgers, heavy attacks for heavies. Light attacks for applying crits/bleed, heavy attacks for stacking bonuses to kill someone in one or two blows, etc.

Just to humor you, I decided to fight a group of 4 ghouls using exclusively light attacks and exclusively heavy attacks (keep in mind, this is not even something you'd do 90% of the time in the mod - normally you'd use both attacks, with a slight emphasis on one or the other), then did the same for a group of 5 humans (both in White Orchard, so the ghouls were level 2 while the humans ranged from levels 1-5.) I did this for you because I love you, Porky-san. Marry me, provided you are of age and have some skill in cooking. Anyhow, what I found is that the exclusive use of heavy attacks against ghouls was way more likely to get me killed than the use of light attacks, but that it allowed me to rip through the humans with much greater ease than light attacks. I'm sure the same would apply if I tested, say, drowners vs gargoyles.

Plenty of enemies provide enough room for you to heavy attack and then dodge away, and in those cases heavy attacks are way more efficient at doing damage than light attacks unless you are going for a crit/bleed build. Against human opponents, a successful parry provides way more than enough time to strike with a heavy attack as well. Against groups, as I said, one should isolate an enemy before striking and suddenly it is no group at all (easier said than done in some cases, to be fair, by my point remains: there are plenty of times when heavy attacks can be superior to light attacks.)

Signs, on the other hand, sure, you can level them up and become powerful that way, but there is no fun in this. What makes the core W3 combat fun is the reactivity: you have to time your parries, time your dodges, control groups with movement. Using signs takes all of that out of the equation, since you just spam stuff.

And sign use isn't dependent on timing? Sign use doesn't count as group control? Signs are reactive because of the way you combine them with other attacks. For example, if you wish to throw a bomb at an enemy who is too close to you, you can aard them, dodge backwards, and throw the bomb then. Granted, it would be nice if the signs were more interesting and less broken. Again, that is why a mod that nerfs signs could be good, if it forces that kind of behavior rather than making them be powerful enough to be spammed at the enemy on their own. I think signs in BCE3 are in a pretty good place balance-wise, though still on the overpowered side (which is fine, because so is every build by the end of the game - I am not going to balancefag over that,) but I hadn't done a sign-heavy build yet to know for sure.

You know what can be spammed though? Light attacks, because in the vanilla game they do not consume stamina. Same goes for dodges and rolls - how many of us have dodge-rolled around the room, stuffing Geralt's face with food or Swallow potions after taking damage in a fight, because there was nothing preventing us from dodging indefinitely? Unless you are literally boxed-in by enemies, I'm pretty sure that you can spam roll to achieve invulnerability in the vanilla game.

Sounds like you need to play on a higher difficulty setting. Heavy attacks work against humans? Did you test them on that one idiot that picks a solo fight with you over and over in Velen? In any realistic fight on a higher difficulty setting (I played on Death March for example), I often got stabbed in the back after doing a timed parry and ONE quick attack. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Stop playing on Novice settings.

And signs are NOT reactive, because a full sign build can melt faces by just spamming Igni, etc. You are talking as if there is some sort of a cc system in play, there isn't. It's just basic spamming.

Sounds like you need to play on a higher difficulty setting. Heavy attacks work against humans? Did you test them on that one idiot that picks a solo fight with you over and over in Velen? In any realistic fight on a higher difficulty setting (I played on Death March for example), I often got stabbed in the back after doing a timed parry and ONE quick attack. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Stop playing on Novice settings.

And signs are NOT reactive, because a full sign build can melt faces by just spamming Igni, etc. You are talking as if there is some sort of a cc system in play, there isn't. It's just basic spamming.

I have no desire to turn this into a dick-measuring contest but I play on Deathmarch exclusively, and, again, use mods which make the game harder rather than easier. I thought I made that clear. Additionally, I gave an example as to how signs could be potentially balanced and fun, but you chose to ignore it. I think this conversation is pointless because you either didn't read my post or are choosing to make disingenuous statements, which is a shame because I had just admitted my great, undying love for you, Porko-san. We could have been so much together, you and I, but instead you turn your back on me. Just like every woman in my life.

I have no desire to turn this into a dick-measuring contest but I play on Deathmarch exclusively, and, again, use mods which make the game harder rather than easier. I thought I made that clear. Additionally, I gave an example as to how signs could be potentially balanced and fun, but you chose to ignore it. I think this conversation is pointless because you either didn't read my post or are choosing to make disingenuous statements, which is a shame because I had just admitted my great, undying love for you, Porko-san. We could have been so much together, you and I, but instead you turn your back on me. Just like every woman in my life.

I did ignore most of your earlier wall-of-text posts because they contained nothing that related to the argument at hand. It's a very simple argument, not sure why you need to write novels on unrelated stuff. You cannot make heavy attack work in most of W3's combat on higher difficulty settings without resorting to some cheese (like wearing super heavy armor with some decoction where you can basically take tons of damage without doing anything active. It can't be done. This is not a subjective thing, I've played the freaking game for like 300 hours. Most enemies (humans, drowners, etc) will crowd you, and the moment you stop moving and reacting, they will kill you. So the time that the heavy attack takes to finish its animation is not feasible (just like it wouldn't be in real life). There is nothing to argue about here.

Signs, it's a different but similarly simple argument. You CAN make them work, but it's boring spammy gameplay. Just raise Igni and Quen as much as you can, and that's what you mostly use. Yeah, occasionaly you might use some of the others, but most of the time, just igni-quen spam. This isn't Baldur's Gate where you have counter-spells and different types of spell shields and shield removers, and saving throws and greater malison, and so on. So boring is boring.

I did ignore most of your earlier wall-of-text posts because they contained nothing that related to the argument at hand. It's a very simple argument, not sure why you need to write novels on unrelated stuff.

Most of the things I said, apart from flirtatious comments of course, contributed to the larger point I was making: that Witcher 3 is a flawed game that could be improved, through modding or otherwise. That was the very core of our disagreement, even though you decided to focus exclusively on the heavy attacks and signs (I assume because my other points were stronger. I don't think you can defend the alchemy system in this game, though I have faith in you.) But Porky-pie, you are being disingenuous right now because you haven't just ignored my "unrelated" points, you've also ignored pertinent information (the fact that I was talking about the modded game, White Orchard enemies, etc,) so your point is moot.

You, on the other hand, have been reiterating the exact same points with little substance across all of your posts. "Witcher 3 is a great game, it just is," "You shouldn't mod Witcher 3, you just shouldn't," "Signs are boring, they just are," are decent ice-breakers at parties, I'm sure, but they are getting tiring.

As for writing a novel, motherfucker, when you play the game of "let's have an autistic argument on the internet," you go full Sapkowski or you lose. This is serious shit, yo.

You cannot make heavy attack work in most of W3's combat on higher difficulty settings without resorting to some cheese (like wearing super heavy armor with some decoction where you can basically take tons of damage without doing anything active. It can't be done. This is not a subjective thing, I've played the freaking game for like 300 hours. Most enemies (humans, drowners, etc) will crowd you, and the moment you stop moving and reacting, they will kill you. So the time that the heavy attack takes to finish its animation is not feasible (just like it wouldn't be in real life). There is nothing to argue about here.

In any realistic fight on a higher difficulty setting (I played on Death March for example), I often got stabbed in the back after doing a timed parry and ONE quick attack.

I love that you decided to try and wave your dick around and bring up player skill by implying that I am a retard who plays easy mode and doesn't know what I am talking about, while you, a hardcore ga(y)mer, play on Deathmarch and so you somehow know how worthless heavy attacks would be in a modded game. I love it because based on these comments, you might very well be the worse player here.

You get stabbed in the back after one riposte? Porkdude, have you considered not letting the enemies surround you? With monsters it can be tricky, sure, but for fuck's sake, we are talking about humans here! This game has the most rudimentary human AI! All it takes is a bit of footwork to make sure they are all facing Geralt on one side.

See, I was thinking about grabbing FRAPS and actually recording some footage so that you can see the difference in effectiveness between vanilla and modded heavy attacks, and how the latter is worth using against a wide variety of enemies, but I don't even need to do that. I found footage of the Better Combat Enhanced mod - not something I personally use, but it also makes heavy attacks more useful, this time by nerfing light attack damage - and I think you should take a look. My advise os for you to keep repeating "I am right I am right I am right" ad nauseam (as you have for the past few posts) as you watch the video.

Holy shit! What are these hax? This person is, like, using basic positioning to keep all the enemies in front of him, giving him enough time and space to get those heavy attacks off! Certainly, that can't be done. This is not a subjective thing. Porky has played the freaking game for 300 freaking hours, after all.

Signs, it's a different but similarly simple argument. You CAN make them work, but it's boring spammy gameplay. Just raise Igni and Quen as much as you can, and that's what you mostly use. Yeah, occasionaly you might use some of the others, but most of the time, just igni-quen spam. This isn't Baldur's Gate where you have counter-spells and different types of spell shields and shield removers, and saving throws and greater malison, and so on. So boring is boring.

Man, if only signs were still useful, but sign intensity would be nerfed so that you can't build your character to rely exclusively on them by the middle of the game, forcing the player to intersperse sign and sword use in the "reactive" manner you earlier described, as opposed to spamming either?

Man, if only signs were still powerful, but took up a bunch of stamina that was also used by your attacks, forcing the player to intersperse sign and sword use in the "reactive" manner you earlier described, as opposed to spamming either?

Man, if only Porky actually read my posts...

veskoandroid

Educated
b7a18722e58a3cbe30cd3f4fe0aa69e8.jpg

blah blah blah... another wall of text to mostly ignore...

... you've also ignored pertinent information (the fact that I was talking about the modded game ..

Unless your mods speed up the heavy attack, or introduce an entirely new sign system, which I am pretty sure they don't, I don't see how that is relevant to anything.

As for writing a novel, motherfucker, when you play the game of "let's have an autistic argument on the internet," you go full Sapkowski or you lose. This is serious shit, yo.

Whoa, easy there, lil fella...

... blah blah ...

I found footage of the Better Combat Enhanced mod - not something I personally use, but it also makes heavy attacks more useful, this time by nerfing light attack damage - and I think you should take a look. My advise os for you to keep repeating "I am right I am right I am right" ad nauseam (as you have for the past few posts) as you watch the video.

Holy shit! What are these hax? This person is, like, using basic positioning to keep all the enemies in front of him, giving him enough time and space to get those heavy attacks off! Certainly, that can't be done. This is not a subjective thing. Porky has played the freaking game for 300 freaking hours, after all.

You might need new glasses, my dude. Do you see that shiny glassy thing around Geralt? That is called Quen. As the fight goes on, he gets repeatedly hit, and only the Quen shield prevents him from taking heavy damage. Now, some people, like myself, prefer not to use Quen, because it is one of the bad things about W3 combat. You can essentially spam it to absorb all damage and remove all skill from the system. So obviously you can use heavy attacks while you have Quen on yourself, since then you don't need to dodge or move or anything. You could just stand in front of the drowner and exchange blows Morrowind style. For those of us who actually rely on skillz and movement, heavy attack is inherently pretty useless.

You might need new glasses, my dude. Do you see that shiny glassy thing around Geralt? That is called Quen. As the fight goes on, he gets repeatedly hit, and only the Quen shield prevents him from taking heavy damage. Now, some people, like myself, prefer not to use Quen, because it is one of the bad things about W3 combat. You can essentially spam it to absorb all damage and remove all skill from the system. So obviously you can use heavy attacks while you have Quen on yourself, since then you don't need to dodge or move or anything. You could just stand in front of the drowner and exchange blows Morrowind style. For those of us who actually rely on skillz and movement, heavy attack is inherently pretty useless.

Yep! I fucking knew you were going to blame Quen! Nevermind the fact that his Quen broke like, what, four times and he performed SIXTEEN heavy attacks (which is a proof of the player's lack of skill more than Quen's power, nevermind the fact that he only started taking damage when he overextended with his whirl like a retard.) So he got off a dozen attacks relying on dodges and footwork alone, but he used Quen a couple of times so this example doesn't count.

Perhaps if I sent you of me doing it naked without Quen, as I did, you would say that it doesn't count because I used the starting Witcher sword which is too OP and I should have used the rusty sword from the old battlefield. Or that I had health regen from a piece of bread I ate going on, and that's not fair.

And of course, Quen is not spammable in mods where all actions use up stamina. Not that it matters to you, as you seem to have a very selective case of blindness that actives only when you read this argument.

Last edited:
D_X Nice! Well then, I amend my opinion: heavy attacks are not entirely useless in vanilla, although it still seems that they are under-powered compared to light attacks and that the modded game makes them a more viable alternative. Good effort!

PorkyThePaladin

I apologize for the vitriol in my last few posts.

Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned, after all :smug:

Blabs for a while and then links 2 videos of himself fighting 2 drowners at a time, and the drowners dodging his heavy attack like Chuck Norris.

Heh, the only thing I can't make out is if you are white knighting for our lithium friend, or are his alt. Roughly similar level of angst. :)

If anything, your videos show why it's so bad. Even against 2, you can barely hit them. Now get into a typical fight vs 3-5 enemies.

Yep! I fucking knew you were going to blame Quen!

Logic is a bitch, isn't it...

Nevermind the fact that his Quen broke like, what, four times and he performed SIXTEEN heavy attacks (which is a proof of the player's lack of skill more than Quen's power, nevermind the fact that he only started taking damage when he overextended with his whirl like a retard.) So he got off a dozen attacks relying on dodges and footwork alone, but he used Quen a couple of times so this example doesn't count.

And how do you know that he hasn't leveled up his Quen and/or used Quen enhancing equipment? If he did, a single quen could take a ridiculous amount of damage, invalidating your whole argument.

Dear Porky,

And how do you know that he hasn't leveled up his Quen and/or used Quen enhancing equipment? If he did, a single quen could take a ridiculous amount of damage, invalidating your whole argument.

...because his broke after a single hit?

PS: You are a kind and gentle person

You should stop lying so blatantly when it's so easy to prove you wrong. Go to 0:48 in your video. Immobile Geralt gets hit from the back and has the Quen on before AND after the attack. Try again.

Blah blah, more teenage angst...

Barely hit? I'm nailing those fuckers with almost every attack. Guess what? That how that fight goes with fast attacks as well. But obviously you played on the fucking story mode only so you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Get the fuck outta here noob.

Dude, the drowner is literally dodging you like Neo in the Matrix.

Dear Porky,

You should stop lying so blatantly when it's so easy to prove you wrong. Go to 0:48 in your video. Immobile Geralt gets hit from the back and has the Quen on before AND after the attack. Try again.

Friend, it appears that it is your own vision that is indeed of mending. The momentum of the strong attack carried Geralt out of the path of the drowner's charge, which clearly missed, as evidenced by the lack of the characteristic "DING!" noise one would hear if the attack had been absorbed by Quen. You know, the sound much like the one the oven makes when the nice lady comes over to bake you cupcakes and wipe your mouth, honey.

PS: Remember that people care about you. Friendship is important!

Friend, it appears that it is your own vision that is indeed of mending. The momentum of the strong attack carried Geralt out of the path of the drowner's charge, which clearly missed, as evidenced by the lack of the characteristic "DING!" noise one would hear if the attack had been absorbed by Quen.

None of the attacks have that ability, because it would essentially make them a dodge/attack in the same move. Therefore, either this so called mod of yours adds a dodge component/i-frames to attacks, either of which would of course ruin any kind of skill requirements for combat, since you can just spam attack and be passively defending at the same time. Or you are misreading the video and are full of a certain brown element. Either way ...

Friend, it appears that it is your own vision that is indeed of mending. The momentum of the strong attack carried Geralt out of the path of the drowner's charge, which clearly missed, as evidenced by the lack of the characteristic "DING!" noise one would hear if the attack had been absorbed by Quen.

None of the attacks have that ability, because it would essentially make them a dodge/attack in the same move. Therefore, either this so called mod of yours adds a dodge component/i-frames to attacks, either of which would of course ruin any kind of skill requirements for combat, since you can just spam attack and be passively defending at the same time. Or you are misreading the video and are full of a certain brown element. Either way ...

These are not i-frames, its simply the matter of hitboxes. Anything that moves Geralt moves his hitbox, also. Attacks move Geralt in the direction of the attack. Why do I have to explain this?

Unless the Matrix reference is some sort of tip-off that you were trolling all along, in which case...very well done.

Since we were talking about humans earlier, here is me fighting them using light attacks exclusively, then using heavy attacks (sorry for the horrible quality, I have no idea how to compress shit properly):

With a rusty sword, no less. As you can see the latter is more efficient in BCE3, as it should be, because humans parry more often than they dodge.

I look forward to hearing that this doesn't count because I rolled to re-position myself a couple of times.

PorkyThePaladin was everything a man should be and had everything one would want: women, wealth, power, much like Richard Cory without suicidal depression. He had become the CEO of an international megacorporation before his thirties and had more assets than the Rockefellers and Kennedys combined. The business produced billions, a lion's share of which filled his pockets, and plenty extra income was generated by his romantic interests. Indeed, while some rich men bought sex, women literally paid Porky to fuck them as he was that good at literally everything.

He strode across his gilded room, stepping over dozens of spent women - the result of but a single hour of passion, for he was strong and potent enough to satisfy hundreds before the night was through - and walked on over to his greatest possession. It was a statue of gold and silver, protected by a jeweled case, inscribed with the following: "The Bestest Witcher 3 Player Ever." This award made him the source of objective truth and accurate judgements regarding every single aspect of game. He stroked the expensive glass case and gasped - suddenly, he was quite ready to go again. A woman reached for him and he was about to take her hand, when...

"YOU HAVE ONE NEW ALERT ON THE WEBSITE AR-PEE-GEE CODEX," blared an AI notification system Porky designed and built himself.

He sighed and turned to cross the flesh-filled room to his massive supercomputer. The woman that desired him produced a dissatisfied moan, so he knocked the bitch the fuck out. Stupid slut. Anyway, went on his computer and saw that which he came to expect: yet another reply from this "Lithium Flower" faggot.

Fucking. Pathetic.

Porky's eyes ran through the post. It was mostly some dumb shit or whatever, so he ignored all of the text - why would he take the time out of his day to read things? His intelligence transcended the very act. Then, his eyes came across a visual component of the post in the form of an embedded video. Curious, gave a mental command to start video playback and the machine complied.

But it was a folly! For the Dark Lord Sawyer has inflicted Porky with the Curse of Balance. To balance out Porky's God-tier abilities, a seizure devil struck him whenever he was to argue about Witcher 3 on the internet. When possessed by the seizure devil, Porky became blind, deaf, and terminally autistic. Indeed, it was only when Porky was possessed in such way that he was ever wrong about anything.

The devil tricked Porky's eyes, for instead of what was clearly a missed attack, he saw the Drowner's claws connected with Geralt's back. The devil then tricked his ears, and instead of the typical sounds of battle he heard the distinctive sound of a Quen resisting an attack but not breaking. Finally, the devil tricked his mind, and like a drooling retard he typed out the following response:

Within seconds a response from Lithium Flower came, for he had no life:

Yep! I fucking knew you were going to blame Quen! Nevermind the fact that his Quen broke like, what, four times and he performed SIXTEEN heavy attacks (which is a proof of the player's lack of skill more than Quen's power, nevermind the fact that he only started taking damage when he overextended with his whirl like a retard.) So he got off a dozen attacks relying on dodges and footwork alone, but he used Quen a couple of times so this example doesn't count.

Porky smiled as he produced his response. As a true enlightened alt-center classical liberal superskeptic, he demanded that Lithium question his so-called """"facts"""":

When it came, Lithium's reply shocked Porky. With its stupidity.

Lithium was LYING. Porky knew what he saw. He the claws rake Geralt's back so vividly that he could almost hear them scrape against the magical protection of Quen in real life.

Porky's riposte was merciless, exposing Lithium's LIE.

Then, Porky waited, while sating his appetites with the most expensive wine in the world and the cheapest women in the country. He waited for an hour, then two.

There was no reply.

Heh. He really taught that kid what's what.

---

The night was chilly for August, but it didn't bother Lithium Flower, as his mother's basement was well insulated. He sat up like a gargoyle on his computer chair, which strained to accommodate his massive bulk, composed of much fat and practically zero muscle. A horrible smell sagged heavily in the air, much like the adult diaper that Lithium Flower was wearing. They were full, sure, but his mommy was out on some errand and he was in the middle of doing something far more interesting himself: arguing with someone on the internet.

Lithium was the very opposite of Porky. Despite both being over the age of eighteen, the former was a jobless virgin while the latter the closest thing humanity had come to a God.

He was, as he called it, "doing cardio" - watching interracial gay midget cuckold porn - when the a tiny red flag appeared above the "Alerts" tab on his second monitor (he was always logged into Codex, like all of the world's losers.) He was so out of breath that the rush of adrenaline he felt knowing that someone on the internet had responded to him had almost caused his heart to burst. The first thing he thought of after waking up from his heart attack were chicken tenders. The next was the notification he received.

When his fat, greasy fingers finally managed to grab the hold of his thoroughly abused mouse, he clicked on the latest alert.

Porky, the unrequited love of his life, had finally answered him:

After coming to from another heart attack, Lithium screeched so hard his piss jugs shattered

"THAT FUCKING DOES IT!!" he raged, "I-I will show him that I am right, ech!"

And so he did! He reproduced the act of dodging a drowner's attack with Geralt's heavy attacks, not once but twice, before a failed attempt spelt his death. The video was quickly compressed in the shittiest resolution possible because Lithium is a fucking retard, fuck, what format do I even put in the Windows Movie Maker if I record at 1280x1024 resolution? and uploaded the video:

He re-watched his own video over and over again until he was dizzy. Tired and satisfied, he chortled, sending putrid saliva everywhere. After posting the video, he sent a private message to his alternate account:

"Hey D_X I would appreciate it if you could reproduce this in the vanilla game, just so that I can prove this definitively. I have the softlock disabled, if that matters. Seems like it would be easy enough to do, but I understand if you don't give a fuck about this dumb argument anymore," he typed.

After sending the message, he wondered why he was sending PMs to himself. Then he remembered that he had schizophrenia.

Great thumps were suddenly heard, so great that the house's foundation shook. His mother, herself the size of a barn, had descended the stairs to the basement. She delivered her son a plate of chicken tenders and quickly looked away, as she could not bear watching her child eat.

"Please, God, let me fucking outlive him," she mumbled as she left.

Yeah, no way am I reading all of that. Maybe you should consider writing a book instead of shitposting here. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom