Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 mods

Perkel

Arcane
Lore-friendly Witchers - Makes Geralt's appearance similar to the 1st game, since an albino with black brows and a healthy complexion bugs me.

Always annoyed me that people take witchers as some sort of freaks of nature. They don't have cat eyes to begin with.
Geralt was special because he lost pigment in his hair due to trials of grasses unlike other like Eskel or Lambert.
Cat eyes is just CDPR lore fuckup same as Triss not having to hide her scar (though that may be just because she came to therms with it)

Geralt doesn't look any different from normal human nor his eyes are slits.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Witchers do have weird eyes according to the books. One example right off the top of my head is in the Battle of Brenna, where a couple of medics are freaked out by a dead witcher's eyes.

Jinn

Arcane
Anyone know how close we're are getting to a final patch for The Witcher 3? I really want to play through it modded, but have lost two 40 hours saves from corrupted files caused by the game auto patching.

Morkar Left

Witchers do have weird eyes according to the books. One example right off the top of my head is in the Battle of Brenna, where a couple of medics are freaked out by a dead witcher's eyes.

As much as I remember the weirs eyes come from potions they take. I don't think tey have cat eyes all the time because Geralt is often incognito in the books and barely gets recognized. With cat eyes everybody would instantly recognize him as a witcher or even worse as a monster.

KlauZ

Educated
Eyes do look normal by default, but Geralt often uses them without any potions.

Ivan

Arcane
So I havea 1070 coming in and I'm restarting the game (stopped @ Novigrad). Any mods I should look to for that first time grand playthrough.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Looking for two mods (or maybe one mod that does both of these things): something that allows me to toggle the minimap on and off by an assigned hotkey instead of having to do it in the main game menu, and something that will collapse all items in the craft and alchemy menus (by default, they're expanded, which means much more scrolling than is necessary) when I first open them. Do these exist? I'm using the GOG 1.22 version of The Witcher 3+ DLCs/expansions. Thanks for any help.

Gerrard

Arcane

>change colors of lighting
>masses of retards "Wow, it looks just like the original trailer now!"
Why is "modding scene" such a joke?

I wonder how devs feel when months of their team work is made "much better" by some dude changing a bunch of values.

Let's add some more pointless shit! By the way those braziers still don't cast proper dynamic shadows, but hey LENS FLARE.
TkWzXeY.jpg

:negative:

Last edited:
I wish I could disable the combat music altogether, it annoys the fuck out of me. Only exploration music is decent. I tried a mod that was supposed to remove it but game wouldn't start with it.

Sodafish

Arcane
If mods can replace the combat music then it would be a simple case of using an empty sound file instead.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The combat has a lot more bloody problems than the music. I'd rather keep the music and replace the combat personally!

Perkel

Arcane
Aka the most pointless thing you have ever seen since it is 3rd person game.

Probably just an elaborate showreel, still a lot of work tho.

A lot of pointless work though.
I feel these kind of mods are stealth brag for your resume when you apply as artist somewhere.

Definetly not stealth, hence the elaborate showreel comment. You could take a crack at mid level game studios with a reel like that.

Definetly not pointless either, it's a good way to learn and build up your resume in the process, especially if you are young.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Aka the most pointless thing you have ever seen since it is 3rd person game.

The Witcher 3 vanilla has a lot of ugly looking low res textures.

He also made this.

Besides, I think he is somehow sponsored by NVIDIA

Perkel

Arcane
OK i think this is by far best overhaul mod for TW3 (currently):

W3EE
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521/

It is old overhaul mod but recently it was updated to 3.0 version (and then to 3.06) and it is huge difference from initial overhaul mod.

1. redos completely economy, alchemy.
2. combat is also redone (everything cost stamina even normal swing like in DS games and combat is much more deliberate instead of mashing things).
3. leveling is completely redone (you no longer earn XP via quests but increase skills by using them like in morrowind)
4. armors/weapons completely redone and most of weapons in game have more or less similar damage but you can create various builds.
5. added new weapons to use and non sword weapons now have use.
6. World in unscalled, meaning there are no levels and much like gothic what you see is how something is hard.
7. mutagens now have completely different use like green giving you more toxicity cap.

Imo the biggest change comes to weakest part of TW3, combat. vanilla Tw3 combat is basically hack and slash with 0 thinking.
In W3EE everything is deliberate and you don't swing like idiot because you will run out very quickly out of stamina and won't be able to even swing sword, much less dodge attacks.

Perkel

Arcane
I played some more of it and i will be making new thread. It is just THAT good. Basically fixes everything what is wrong with TW3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom