Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yeah, I dropped Wticher 3 after 10 hours to replay Pillars of Eternity.

Witcher 1 >> Witcher 2 >>>>> Witcher 3.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Im enjoying you bozos tagging my post as much as everyone else, but im still waiting for someone to explain to me what is so great about Wticher 3 besides visuals and boobs.

typical user

Arbiter
Im enjoying you bozos tagging my post as much as everyone else, but im still waiting for someone to explain to me what is so great about Wticher 3 besides visuals and boobs.

I can try. I like the story and characters, it isn't anything good for usual autistic codexer but far better than Bethesda/Bioware sheningans. I like the responsivness especially in combat. There are major flaws and game-breaking mechanics in NPC behavior in fights but generally it is far better than any other TPP action RPG game I have ever played. The music is good but not quite memorable save for single tracks and generally the game is pretty solid to replay it at least once. If it had brutal difficulty it would your next Gothic made by slavs.

Sometimes I feel Codex is Chris Avellone/Troika circlejerk.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I think when it comes to writing and quest design, TW3 is one of the finest examples of the genre. Very few games (and rpgs) can keep up.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I just got this game for $25 with all expansions, and I love it. Maybe I'm just used to shit combat from my Bethesda/Bioware days, but the combat in this feels really good and the right sort of challenging for the most part. From what I've seen so far, the story is well done and sorta low-key (mind you, I'm still in Velen), which is the style that I like. All in all, good game, worth the $25 USD.

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm finally continuing my playthrough on a new PC with all settings High and consistent FPS omg it's such a joy. I agree Ciri is fucking unbearable though. And most of the witches too, I hope I'll get a chance to murder more of them. I just hopped through the portals with Avalach. I hope there's still a good chunk of the game ahead of me with the two expansions and rest of the story. Gotta get some mod to disable the level scaling buffs and debuffs and item level restrictions, anybody can recommend something please?

Otherwise, I continue playing with no minimap, I even turned off "display monster HP" which is great but I need to know if I'm underleveled and they are buffed which I can't tell without the HP bar. Totally recommend disabling everything you can, makes you pay attention to the gameworld much more.

Cadmus

Arcane
Okey, I finished the main story! Here's what I got:
Ciri went into the portal to destroy the White Frost, came back and I bought her a nice new sword and then lived happily ever after with Yen. Emhyr rules the world but Temeria got autonomy within the empire so that's not bad. Cerys rules Skellige. I'm glad for this ending, I was really bummed out when it seemed like Cirilla had died :((

Question - when did Ciri come back from the portal? I thought she was dead for real, did I miss something or what the fuck happened?

Guys I had such a good time with the game. The story and characters were great. I had to laugh out loud when Geralt and Ciri were trashing Avallach's lab together and Yen was like "omg what a bunch of children" but then she drew a fucking moustache on Avallach's portrait.
Ciri was much less annoying by the end, too.

The blind sorceress was so much fun, the voice acting was really good on her. The final battles were kinda boring but I liked watching Ereding get his eye poked out.
Now I'm gonna start the expansions!

Cadmus

Arcane

Cadmus

Arcane
hilfazer it's not working:
Error [content0]game\gameplay\focus\focus.ws(207): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gameplay\focus\focus.ws(267): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\gwintgamemenu.ws(107): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\horseriding.ws(49): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\sailing.ws(56): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\playerdialogstate.ws(48): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\aimthrow.ws(42): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\combat.ws(124): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\exploration.ws(55): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\swimming.ws(252): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)

Warning [content0]engine\telemetrykeyword.ws(5): Native function 'Log' was not exported from class 'CR4TelemetryScriptProxy' in C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

this is for modNoEnemyLvlDiffAdjustment_1_31

hilfazer

Scholar
Error [content0]game\gameplay\focus\focus.ws(207): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gameplay\focus\focus.ws(267): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\gwintgamemenu.ws(107): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\horseriding.ws(49): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\sailing.ws(56): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\playerdialogstate.ws(48): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\aimthrow.ws(42): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\combat.ws(124): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\exploration.ws(55): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\player\states\swimming.ws(252): Function 'LogWithName' does not take 1 param(s)

Warning [content0]engine\telemetrykeyword.ws(5): Native function 'Log' was not exported from class 'CR4TelemetryScriptProxy' in C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Strange, my mod does not touch any of those files.
Are you using GOTY edition or standard one? I use standard edition 1.31 and it works fine.
Do you have any other mods installed? Especially Debug Console Enabler?
Perhaps this thread https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3680070-error-112/ can help you.

Last edited:

pippin

The blind sorceress was so much fun, the voice acting was really good on her.

Pippa best girl

latest

Cadmus

Arcane

Strange, my mod does not touch any of those files.
Are you using GOTY edition or standard one? I use standard edition 1.31 and it works fine.
Do you have any other mods installed? Especially Debug Console Enabler?
Perhaps this thread https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3680070-error-112/ can help you.
1.31 no mods no GOTY, clean install but I cant get other mods to run as well and obviously the errors make no sense, I get some crazy messages for FoV fix mods also, they shouldn't be touching these files.

Cadmus

Arcane
Do you guys use hairworks? It seems kinda shitty and even more plastic than the original hair so I turned it off.

I really like the Blood and Wine GUI upgrades, makes stuff more user-friendly. If only it didn't fuck up my FoV mod, I can't get any mod to work now, I think something's wrong with the install.

Beowulf

Arcane
Hairworks makes difference for beasts and furry animals, like bears and wolves. For humans it looks more like their hair is constantly wet. Geralt's hair also causes frame drops up to 20 FPS in certain scenes (but not so much in the cutscenes, paradoxically).

I'd reccomend you find and install a mod for that, called something like "Hairworks on everything but Geralt", and try it for yourself.

There are good comparisons on nvidia page.

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah hairworks is better on. The main reason it slows things is the excessive AA the game uses on the hair. You can lower it in the config file and get a framerate boost with no discernable visual impact.

Beowulf

Arcane

typical user

Arbiter
Can someone recommend a good game balancing mods? At least dozens of them are on NexusMods, can't tell which are up to date, support both expansions and are actually worth peeking.

Frozen

Arcane
That Yen is too fat.

I had a new bug today, wolf gear upgrades part 5 map (that you buy at Hatori) bugged and didn't trigger quest in my log.
I can find gear diagrams "manually" but they are grayed out and also don't trigger the quest.
I found a workaround with a console and it added all 3 part of map 5 gear elements so I can at least make them.

When I played for the first time on 1.02 I had not a single bug and now at 1.31 they are all over the place.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
So I got 40h clocked in the base game, however I stopped playing (not out of dislike for the game) a long time ago. And I'm wondering if I should just restart from the beginning or just continue somehow ? I know what happened up until that point mostly, but the details are fuzzy as hell by now.

Also, the different patches seem to have brought some new things to the game that may warrant a do over, since I'll need to get familiar with the gameplay anyway. What do you men think ?

Jinn

Arcane
So I got 40h clocked in the base game, however I stopped playing (not out of dislike for the game) a long time ago. And I'm wondering if I should just restart from the beginning or just continue somehow ? I know what happened up until that point mostly, but the details are fuzzy as hell by now.

I would say you would do well to just look up some main story cutscenes to get you caught up and less fuzzy, then keep going. I'm on my third restart of this game (because mods broke my saves the last two times) and I got about 30-40 hours in each playthrough. It's definitely been tough this time around to try to keep myself going to get to the point where I was. At this point I kind of just want to get through the OC so I can play the expansions.

On the other side of things, I don't remember my second playthrough being quite the chore this one is, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad to start over for you.

noob question out of the blue: is there a mod which removes level requirements from equipment? i too interrupted my game halfway through but even though i remember the events pretty well i wouldn't mind a replay from the start with a less retarded itemization (and maybe a better inventory).

edit: found http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1542/?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom