Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
New screenshots. Apparently the tutorial is set in Kaer Morhen during Ciri's training.

Graphics not good enough, would not play.

Shadenuat

Arcane
10845890_10152605972299331_6286505242720052429_o.jpg

They nailed her hueg eyes though.
She kinda looks like Geralt who went through gender bending

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
SarcasticUndertones I don't give a fuck about the setting and lore, make the game just like I've imagined it.

Ciri is probably the most important person in the saga, if only because she's the most important person to the biggest players. If they decided to put her in the game, she will automatically keep this status unless everyone got amnesia.

Making a female PC isn't really strange - many strong characters in the story were women and Sapkowski put a lot of stuff about feminism and tribal/religious misogyny :smug:

Geralt is probably still alive only because of two women, so...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone who read the saga already knew that Ciri was the other controllable character (she is the only one other major PoV character in the books). It was quite obvious you will play as her from the moment they have revealed she is in the game.

Setting the tutorial in Kaer Morhen during Ciri's training is a brilliant idea. Not only you will learn the game before the actual plot starts (and it would be great if the tutorial was skippable on repeated playthroughs), but it will also serve as an introduction to Ciri's character and her relationship with Geralt as a foster father.

Also, Kaer Morhen. :yeah:

This gives me the hope that this time they will actually make a good plot. The second game was still lacking in this regard, even if it was a significant improvement over the first one.

Last edited:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
According to CDPR Ciri will be a "supportive narrative tool, so you may experience the game from a different perspective during certain special scenes". Rrrright..

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Apparently, you are going to be able to play as Ciri, but I don't know how much. They are going to fuck it up... I just know it.

How could they possibly fuck up an idea that's this bad in itself?

Really.. we get a delay and then they suddenly announce that we'll get to play some no-name that's there only to appeal to the crotch fumblers? I see no reason for two playable character in a game I want to play about a witcher, especially not one who's sole existence is to pander.. she's in the books? I don't care, I didn't read all of the books they aren't particularly good.

Why can't we just get more stuff with Geralt, afterall that why we're all playing it isn't it? I mean.. come on.. if you are playing the witcher to play a character other than the witcher then you're playing the wrong game for the wrong reasons... a minority might want to, because they've now been told they can, but exactly who was clamouring to play some random female in a male oriented storyline before in was announced?

Seriously fuck this shit.. if they'd left it out then it wouldn't be needing a delay.

Pandering with this AND Cyberpunk 2077..CDP really are becoming a second-rate Bioware.

What the hell are you wailing about? This comes across as being upset for the sake of being upset. Relax before you have a stroke.

Cadmus

Arcane
you guys are fucking imbeciles.
Ciri is one of the most important characters in the books, it's no fucking pandering. I really like her, too, so I'm glad I'll get to play as her. Fuck off to the Bioware cocksucking simulation thread if you wanna whine about pandering.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
you guys are fucking imbeciles.
Ciri is one of the most important characters in the books, it's no fucking pandering. I really like her, too, so I'm glad I'll get to play as her. Fuck off to the Bioware cocksucking simulation thread if you wanna whine about pandering.

Seriously.

Jesus Codex, I find the militant SJWs annoying too, but it's also annoying to hear you fuckers whine endlessly about them adding a female character FROM THE BOOK. Stop being a bunch of pussies FFS.

Its not about adding just a female character but adding Ciri. Fucking Mary Sue of saga and she will play exactly the same as Geralt:x They could add for example Yennefer but that would be probably too much of a bother with spells and shit. Better copy Geralt and just give Ciri "blink" instead of rolling ability:cry:

i am still buying enhanced edition in 2016:M

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I can't see how Yennefer as a playable character could have possibly been a good choice. Mages are so OP in the books that creating an even remotely satisfying magic system from scratch would be way too much work considering that she'd be just a secondary character. Taking the easy way out by saying "fuck the lore" and making her hurl fireballs or something would have been pretty terrible as well. Ciri is a much more logical choice as they can make her utilize the same combat system as the rest of the game but also add some appropriate special abilities in the mix.

Preferably the game would be 100% Geralt, though.

Ciri had some sweet ass in the first trailer so I don't mind the ass camera...:bounce:

Also, I hope we get to do some plane/timewalking with her, hopefully this time she will bring Ebola-chan to make company to Catriona .

Darkzone

Arcane
Ciri had some sweet ass in the first trailer so I don't mind the ass camera...

Also, I hope we get to do some plane/timewalking with her, hopefully this time she will bring Ebola-chan to make company to Catriona .
Hey i want to play the game and not constantly think of sex and do the hand work, because my wife is sleeping. Only seeing a man's ass turns me into a asexual rpg gamer.

Darkzone

Arcane
You're either lying about not wanting to do handwork or about playing the Witcher games.
Good one. ;)
Not both together. As much i recognise myself in Geralt, i'm also a world and story fag, and the special scenes are enough. But if i would see always a nice womens ass, my testosterone will shot in my brain and will deactivate all higher cognitive functions. I will be then not capable of playing through the story, because i will miss every important clue and not understand what is going on. So in short: story or hand work, but not both together, because they are mutually exclusive, at least for me. This is the burden of having such great and heavy balls.

buzz

Arcane
Yeah, your balls are so big that you only play video games when your wife's asleep :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom