Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So I'm only skimming this thread but from what I gather the last few pages have been people complaining about bugs and optimization in a game that's four months away, and loading screens as if those are a big deal or as though CDP's engine works the way other engines work.

My problem with Witcher bashing is that, unlike the Bioware bashing which is basically a forum tradition that unites Codexers of all creeds to make fun of romances and other obvious silliness, it comes across as some kind of petty and vindictive Eastern European grudge match (hurr loading screens)
lol what a crock of shit. why cant we call out CDPR on their bullshits? I am potatoe therefore i have to blindly slurp all the shit they sale?

Yes, you must. There's a reason why God keeps potatos away from the more productive fruit like the Cantaloupe.

GloomFrost

Arcane
The first witcher has NEVER been AAA game. If anything it was old school and had a small budget and almost no PR compared to games that came out around the same time like oblivion and mass effect.

I am sorry, but oldschool how exactly? What titles that preceded it were remotely similar to it, and not action adventure games?
Take combat for example, it heavily relied on your character skills instead of player skills, on a hard difficulty you needed to carefully consider what skills to develop. It didn't have any auto leveling, complex (compared to now days games) alchemy system, had some interesting social side quests that involved a lot of reading. The closest titles would be planescape and vampire masquerade.

hiver

Its just the usual infinitron stupidity. He does that automatically. Its some kind of auto-pilot that switches on as soon as he cannot get something really simple. then he starts inventing stupid shit as to create some kind of excuse for his dumbness.
I dont have anything against Pollacks and i quite liked the first game. Even enjoyed some parts of the second.

But,...

Here as in the case of TW2 you are dealing with clear case of horrible corrupted game journalism and a company that uses it heavily to spread false hype about their games.
In my view they should not get any leeway then others criticized for same things.

Maybe you should, like, learn to read before making such definitive judgements?
Mabe you should understand what you are reading.

They promised lack of loading screens while traversing the world, not when you jump between locations. That's a different thing from "one large zone possible to explore without loading screens". They didn't even promise one large, coherent space to explore and they didn't promise a game without any loading screens as well
kwqrMer.jpg

(how would that be possible even? You have to load a game when you fire it up).
kwqrMer.jpg

The disappointent comes from large assumption on the side of media and players, not from actual PR lies as far as I see it.
jE3mS2K.jpg

Darkzone

Arcane
Take combat for example, it heavily relied on your character skills instead of player skills, on a hard difficulty you needed to carefully consider what skills to develop. It didn't have any auto leveling, complex (compared to now days games) alchemy system, had some interesting social side quests that involved a lot of reading. The closest titles would be planescape and vampire masquerade.
I have just played TW1, the combat is really shit.

About the Hype.
YOU get disappointed if YOU have too high expectations. Lower the expectations and you can enjoy the product, or not. The Witcher is a action rpg and if this action is good, then it is fine with me because i can enjoy also a action game. And in my opinion there is currently none 'no go' in what i have read and heard.

Surely people have "known all along". Since when has the Witcher series ever been anything but an action RPG with writing that's a bit more interesting than what the other action RPGs were offering? Come for the graphics, stay for the tits and Dethmold castration!
Fixt and agree.

Explorerbc

Arcane
CD Projekt explains why The Witcher 3 has 16 hours of sex scene mo-cap data

"We are establishing that your character was intimate with this woman recently in order to plant in your mind, that, at the very least, he must enjoy her company," Senior Game Designer Damien Monhier said. "Through sex we have shown that this is a person who Geralt would be compelled to chase after if she went missing."

Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters, Monhier explained, and to justify Geralt's pursuit of Yennefer. "We couldn't just tell you to go find someone you don't know or care about," he said. "It wouldn't work."
Bros, the waifu potential is off the charts. The question is, will it be of the biowarian flavour, or the tasteful potato one ?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Take combat for example, it heavily relied on your character skills instead of player skills, on a hard difficulty you needed to carefully consider what skills to develop.
What? Combat relied on being able to click in rhythm.

It didn't have any auto leveling
If this is an example of old school, old school must be cira 2005 or something.

complex (compared to now days games) alchemy system, had some interesting social side quests that involved a lot of reading. The closest titles would be planescape and vampire masquerade.
LOL

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
CD Projekt explains why The Witcher 3 has 16 hours of sex scene mo-cap data

"We are establishing that your character was intimate with this woman recently in order to plant in your mind, that, at the very least, he must enjoy her company," Senior Game Designer Damien Monhier said. "Through sex we have shown that this is a person who Geralt would be compelled to chase after if she went missing."

Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters, Monhier explained, and to justify Geralt's pursuit of Yennefer. "We couldn't just tell you to go find someone you don't know or care about," he said. "It wouldn't work."
Bros, the waifu potential is off the charts. The question is, will it be of the biowarian flavour, or the tasteful potato one ?

Just fucking *sigh*..and how long did those 16 hrs take to produce... and they have the balls to delay it after spending time in this manner? I bet you every one of those hours is in the duration estimate for the entire game.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Take combat for example, it heavily relied on your character skills instead of player skills, on a hard difficulty you needed to carefully consider what skills to develop.

complex (compared to now days games) alchemy system, had some interesting social side quests that involved a lot of reading. The closest titles would be planescape and vampire masquerade.
LOL
Not sure what you want from me. I was comparing W1 to nowadays titles. Take W2 for instance or DA:I or skyrim. If you can't see the difference between them and their combat mechanics and W1 then there is nothing I can do.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

LOL
Not sure what you want from me. I was comparing W1 to nowadays titles. Take W2 for instance or DA:I or skyrim. If you can't see the difference between them and their combat mechanics and W1 then there is nothing I can do.

Dude, if you said the sky was blue they'd still argue with you.

GloomFrost

Arcane

LOL

Thanx :)

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

LOL

Thanx :)

Heh.

Welcome to the 'dex.... Give as you get. :)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought were talking about W1, which had the most simplistic combat of any game I have ever played, idk maybe it's on part with KotOR? Even then you had to manage 3 people.

W2 is more like a bad version of Batman.

Though I guess shitty combat does make it like PST and VtMB in one way.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Witcher 1's Bronze, Silver and Gold Talents levelling system was kind of cool. There were a lot of things in that game that came across as mostly superfluous complexity, but I liked the idea of low-level, mid-level, and high-level abilities as separate "tracks", where you actually gradually lose the ability to improve your low-level abilities at high levels. An interesting concept.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seriously, ban hiver.
He's shitting up the whole forum since he's back.
:gd:

Fucking "u stoopid, fallacy, fallacy, shitslurping braindead imbecile blah blah blah :happytrollboy:"
I mean, is this fucker for real?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seriously, ban hiver.
He's shitting up the whole forum since he's back.
:gd:

Fucking "u stoopid, fallacy, fallacy, shitslurping braindead imbecile blah blah blah :happytrollboy:"

I've been having fun watching him slowly regain his rightful position ahead of Roguey on the ignore board: http://www.rpgcodex.net/ignore.php
I once ignored Roguey too but that didn't really work because everybody loves to argue with him/her. Also he/she is kinda entertaining, dunno why I wanted to ignore him/her.
I imagine it would be just as futile to try to ignore hiver because he's an attention whore. And sadly people give him that attention.

Stelcio

Savant

Responding with images instead of actual arguments only shows your comprehension of subject in matter and overall (lack of) intelligence. You also just proved yourself wrong by denying to actually discuss the matter further, FYI.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Sad: not 16 hours of sex-scenes. [/sarcasm]
Who the fuck cares about sex-scenes, i prefered collectable cards. I begin to hate this things in games, that is also a reason why i don't buy a bioware games. Fuck in Mass Effect III (the only one i had played) some n...o wanted to fuck with me only because i was nice to him.

Fuck cards. Real sex scenes should be in games if only to help get rid of the dumb puritan double standard in media.

hiver

Responding with images instead of actual arguments only shows your comprehension of subject in matter and overall (lack of) intelligence. You also just proved yourself wrong by denying to actually discuss the matter further, FYI.

Not really. You just proved to be too dumb to acknowledge the obvious. And those images represent both accordingly.

Someone who is actually capable of constructing this:
deserves nothing but being labeled as an idiot and hit over the head with a dead chicken.

As an incredible simpleton that you are, you went and searched where a dev from CDprojekt directly claimed that the world will be a single continuous world and you havent found that exact description in a few articles you skimmed over and then your lack of intelligence happily jumped on that as a proof of something.

Of course they would not directly claim that word for word. Because they very well knew that will not be the case.

One of the things i said in that very post that you skipped over intentionally - because you had to force yourself to maintain that simpleton gullible logic was:
Here as in the case of TW2 you are dealing with clear case of horrible corrupted game journalism and a company that uses it heavily to spread false hype about their games.

Besides, they claimed that TW3 will be an open world and the meaning of that is specific and clear.
That they simply omitted details of that and you now suck that up as proof of their innocence just speaks about how stupid and gullible you are.

NotAGolfer
There are many, many low pathetic mewling retards here on codex but you seem to be a special case of a laughable lowly butthurt pathetic shit. A special kind of real doritos munching dumbfuck of epic proportions.
Such screaming butthurt over being told what a PR sucking cheap imbecile you are. And its all true.

:lol:

Four sentences in one post? Watch it, your brain might melt.

I've been having fun watching him slowly regain his rightful position ahead of Roguey on the ignore board:
What else can you do? Spew stupid incoherent strawmans, have me on ignore but read every post i make and try to be my friend on steam.

Seems you and notagolfer might be a good pair. Is that a romance in the making? may, what offspring you will make...

Stelcio

Savant
Not really. You just proved to be too dumb to acknowledge the obvious. And those images represent both accordingly.

Your delusions are hardly obvious, so argument invalid.

Someone who is actually capable of constructing this:
deserves nothing but being labeled as an idiot and hit over the head with a dead chicken.

You saying so without actually pointing out why means nothing, so... argument invalid.

As an incredible simpleton that you are, you went and searched where a dev from CDprojekt directly claimed that the world will be a single continuous world and you havent found that exact description in a few articles you skimmed over and then your lack of intelligence happily jumped on that as a proof of something.

Of course they would not directly claim that word for word. Because they very well knew that will not be the case.

Well, yes, that's right! They didn't state that, so they didn't lie. No false advertising. You almost admitted it! Or actually admitted it but not in these exact words. But somehow you see more behind this... Sometimes things are simple and seeing them as such doesn't mean you are a simpleton. Seeing simple things complicated OTOH means you are, indeed, complicated as fuck, delusional wacko. And delusions of messed up wackos mean nothing, so... you guessed! Argument invalid.

Really, you can't hold anyone responsible for what YOU imagined they said. You can only hold them responsible for what they actually said. So if you want to make an actual point in this discussion, please provide a quote that is clearly contradict to what we will get in W3. Get something that would win you a case in court. Nobody here cares for what you create in your messed up mind, that's your personal problem. Come up with FACTS, moron, you understand the meaning of this word?! Look up in dictionary if you don't. And don't come back unless you have some FACTS. I wish no more reading about creations of your mind that you project on the world as truth itself.

Besides, they claimed that TW3 will be an open world and the meaning of that is specific and clear.
'Besides, they promised open world and I can't into meaning of words so I imagine no loading screens. Bastards! They lied to me!'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom