Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MasPingon

Arcane
Am I the only one who developed the skill to ignore hiver's posts judging by a message format? It's even better then ignore button.

My problem with Witcher bashing is that, unlike the Bioware bashing which is basically a forum tradition that unites Codexers of all creeds to make fun of romances and other obvious silliness, it comes across as some kind of petty and vindictive Eastern European grudge match (hurr loading screens)
You are exaggerating mate. You have a tendency to do that. Go back 20 pages, or so, and you'll see that most potatoes, including me try to defend the game.

meanwhileInPoland has been bashing all CDPR games (and possibly all Polish games, I didn't pay attention most of the time) furiously for as long as I can remember. And he's been inventing the most ridiculous reasons to do that, like the open world argument. He has some personal grudge with the studio or he's just a self loathing idiot potato.

Surely people have "known all along". Since when has the Witcher series ever been anything but an AAA action RPG with writing that's a bit more interesting than what the other action RPGs were offering? Come for the graphics, stay for the tits and Dethmold castration!
See, the key expression here is "action RPG". I fear Witcher 3 will not be worthy even of this label. Much of what I see and hear form CDPR recently, suggests that it will rather be an action adventure game, like Fallout 3, Skyrim or Mass Effect 2.

Don't get me wrong, I still think, it's going to be a good game. The thing is I was hoping it'd be a very good action RPG... like Gothic 2, but much better. And I don't see that happening now. So with me it's just a case of lowering my expectations... significantly.
Fuck you fucking shill. I aready said i am going to buy this game like i bought first and second one. I had a lot of fun with them and so far it seems TW3 will be the same. Great looking action adventure game with shitty combat (probably unplayable until enhanced edition ):M
Just because its polish game doesnt mean i have to treat it like a fucking treasure trove. "Dobre bo polskie?" Right? Fuck off why should we treat them leniently? Cause they are not part of EA/Activison/Ubishit? They are clearly aspiring to be an AAA studio.

Cadmus

Arcane
Seriously, ban hiver.
He's shitting up the whole forum since he's back.
:gd:

Fucking "u stoopid, fallacy, fallacy, shitslurping braindead imbecile blah blah blah :happytrollboy:"
I mean, is this fucker for real?

I've been having fun watching him slowly regain his rightful position ahead of Roguey on the ignore board: http://www.rpgcodex.net/ignore.php
I once ignored Roguey too but that didn't really work because everybody loves to argue with him/her. Also he/she is kinda entertaining, dunno why I wanted to ignore him/her.
I imagine it would be just as futile to try to ignore hiver because he's an attention whore. And sadly people give him that attention.
I like ignoring Roguey because he's a dishonest assfuck hypocrite and likes to twists the facts. He probably thinks it's a cool trolling. I like Hiver because he seems honest.

EDIT: HEY THATS NOT FAIR, I'M BEING IGNORED BY 6 PEOPLE! How do I see who's ignoring me?
I just read hiver 's quotes and yea it looks like they really said there would be no loading screens at all so they lied. Too bad. It doesn't change the game for me in the slightest but he's right..it's just that it doesn't matter

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
See, the key expression here is "action RPG". I fear Witcher 3 will not be worthy even of this label. Much of what I see and hear form CDPR recently, suggests that it will rather be an action adventure game, like Fallout 3, Skyrim or Mass Effect 2.

F3 and Skyrim action adventures? Um, let's not get carried away in our Codex zeal shall we?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like ignoring Roguey because he's a dishonest assfuck hypocrite and likes to twists the facts. He probably thinks it's a cool trolling. I like Hiver because he seems honest.

EDIT: HEY THATS NOT FAIR, I'M BEING IGNORED BY 6 PEOPLE! How do I see who's ignoring me?
I just read hiver 's quotes and yea it looks like they really said there would be no loading screens at all so they lied. Too bad. It doesn't change the game for me in the slightest but he's right..it's just that it doesn't matter
Click the ignoring link at the top of one of your posts.

norolim

Arcane
Fuck you fucking shill. I aready said i am going to buy this game like i bought first and second one. I had a lot of fun with them and so far it seems TW3 will be the same. Great looking action adventure game
You sure are having a lot of trouble speaking your mind, then.

Just because its polish game doesnt mean i have to treat it like a fucking treasure trove. "Dobre bo polskie?" Right? Fuck off why should we treat them leniently? Cause they are not part of EA/Activison/Ubishit? They are clearly aspiring to be an AAA studio.
Nobody is asking you to treat them like a treasure trove. The fact is, though, you constantly sound like you're doing the exact opposite - going out of your way to bash them. And you are not even trying to be reasonable about it.

Anyway, I honestly don't care. Criticise them all you want. But Infinitron was forming theories based on yours and some of the other comments and I felt it's a great opportunity to fuck with you it required a clarification :P

hiver

If someone criticizes a game made by polish studio he is not sufficiently Polish? what the fuck.. :lol:
We have plenty of those kinds of imbeciles here too. As soon as you dont agree with whatever their devolved shit brains think - youre accused of not being good enough whatever.
And it isnt any different anywhere in the world, regarding any subject at all, Isnt it?

The fact is, though, you constantly sound like you're doing the exact opposite - going out of your way to bash them. And you are not even trying to be reasonable about it.
He doesnt at all. Neither me or him or anyone else has done nothing of the sort, but you extremely emotionally engaged dimwits cannot tolerate anything that lowers your sense of pleasure. Like some godamn deteriorated junkies.
That is the very thing that makes you mass market drones on the same level as any biodrone. There is no difference between you at all. The fact that you like a slightly different game is meaningless.
Your psychology and pathology is exactly the same.

Anyway, I honestly don't care. Criticise them all you want.
Then why dont you stfu?
Or why not just present some counter arguments instead of those imbecilic personal accusations?

I felt it's a great opportunity to fuck with you
Thats how you dont care amirite?

And I said it already, Its all ulterior motives to infintron, paranoia's and conspiracies of lowest common denominator, whatever falls on that little head. He is just free to go around spraying that whenever he feels like. All the codex staff made it so they cannot be ignored... because they are the Elite. When anyone answers him, then its "ignoree hiiim!!!" schtick...
Did anyone ever check his and Roquey ip?

All those calls for banning are nothing but the last options of lowest scum anywhere. The lowest dumbest posters that cannot form a proper sentence let alone a counter argument, that do nothing but shitpost and go along with any popular current. But when you tell them that, or in any way make them look at themselves as they really are.. then they start screaming and blaring shitposts around and desperately trying to get someone banned.

The more they blare, more insults and retarded noise they create the sooner those that make them blare get removed, right?

- welcome to any internet forum ever made.

I don't like the way all you guys drag the prestigious adventure genre through the mud. :decline:
Search for another word to describe that it's popamole, faggits! :outrage:
well at least you admit it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Hiver's posts are unbearable. I learned to skip them but they get so long lately that scrolling over them is annoying, so I am going to have to use that ignore list for the first time, thanks Infinitron for letting me know about it.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I've been having fun watching him slowly regain his rightful position ahead of Roguey on the ignore board: http://www.rpgcodex.net/ignore.php

Hey, didn't know that existed. Kzero with 268 ignores? With 199 active members on the Codex? I'd kill to see the forum through his eyes.

Ignores are a morally bankrupt feature on forums.

Really the poster offends delicate sensibilities so much that my precious eyes cannot even stand one bit of a post from them.

Gerrard

Arcane
Apparently you get 20% off if you own both W1&2 on GoG.

Too bad that still is ends up as the same price in a fucking store over here.

E: actually, you can find it even cheaper in stores if you look around.
I still might have to buy it there though, since I don't have a fucking DVD drive and they won't be giving out "backup copies" like with 1&2.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane

Hey, didn't know that existed. Kzero with 268 ignores? With 199 active members on the Codex? I'd kill to see the forum through his eyes.
It would be very short, perhaps even zero or only one post pro page, and even entire threads are empty. So to say not very interesting.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
It really is the sign of a dim bulb.

Someone so blinded by their own pov that they have to eradicate from their existence (block) views that do not support their ego.

I don't care what shit any of you write I'll read it anyway and either laugh or walk away, but I certainly don't feel the crushing psychological need never to be confronted with something I don't like.... that's mentally unhealthy.. seriously.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
33333aqd8a.gif

hiver

There are some interesting bits here (it is two previews, actually),
Thats a rather good extraction of some stuff that may turn out to be atleast decent.

I couldnt get through the firewall, so i appreciate the effort.

Generally the gameplay in The Wild Hunt gets as close as possible to the first 2 games from Gothic series with all its advatanges and disadvantages. When it comes to the former, the game’s world is stunningly natural and believable; it simply lives.
(...)
Speaking of Gothic series I have to mention the difficulty level. If you thought that you will fear wolves while entering the fores let me explain – even wild dogs can be more dangerous. The Witcher 3 already on the Normal difficulty setting(there are 4: easy, normal, hard and Dark) is really demanding.. Without drinking potions, using signs and dodges it’s hard to overcome even a group of ghuls. After 3 hours of playing I got the impression that the normal difficulty level that I played on is perfectly balanced.

^I will believe this when I see it.
Likewise.

Being able to fistfight with angry mob was another positive surprise for me. It’s played just like an ordinary sword fight in TW3, without QTE sequences.
^ Non-lethal combat option is always nice.
True. especially when its not done by QTEs.

Dice poker removal confirmed:
To finish I will briefly describe Gwent, the minigame that replaces dice poker in TW3. It’s a card game that resembles the “War” card game in its rules. Learning the mechanics took me only about few minutes. After playing one match it’s hard to say if it’s better than the dice poker. I didn’t experienced the whole “beat your opponent with a club” thing while playing(it’s described in the books) but maybe it’s because I wasn’t playing with a dwarf? Anyway – Gwent looks promising.
^ CDProjekt will milk their franchise as much as possible, selling some real-life Gwent decks? That is what I would do.
Me too. I hope that erotic cards of the first game make a return in Gwent too.

To sum it up, after what I saw I can easily say that there’s a RPG of all time in the making.
^ The greatest RPG of all time. And it is not even released yet! Oh yeah, baby. Hype it up, hype it up!
Of course it is. Which one isnt these days?

wait... is this all?

man... i hope sword combat provides something else then pirouetting and rolling to go behind enemies then swipe at their bums...

I guess the question is to what extend the RPG mechanics of the "sword skill" influence the stuff you can actually do in combat. Is there a sword skill anymore?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The quotes below are based on PS4 version preview:

Seems like the console version will look fine, but worse than on PC-high:
Thats not what CDPr... ... ach forget it.

On combat:
no more TW2’s moments where even being far away from the opponent we decided to attach…and Geralt flew towards him demonstrating a whole sequence of leaps, spins and a cut in the end. These times are gone. Now Geralt will attack only when he’s in appropriate distance even though he’s a superhuman, agile mutant – because as it has been said before: one push of a button, one animation.

Skills? Leveling up? Anything other then pushing the awesome button?

There are no artificial barriers and the duels are not broken down into “pseudo-arenas” without a way out.
i dont remember any such barriers in TW2... except in the case of boss fights which were not pseudo arenas.
The only thing i remember is being able to run away from enemies which would follow you a short distance and then return to default position, dumb and blind.

First thing that draws your attention and simply pours out of the screen is how cinematic the Witcher 3 is.
^ Uh-oh...
Flow my tears the game journalist said.

^ I wonder how packed/empty it will be.
Seems packed to the gills in the videos.

Fast travel is indeed between signposts:
No signpost – no fast travel. Of course, there will always be such a spot in a reasonable distance but we have to get to it first while we’re not guaranteed not to meet any danger ahead.
I dont see what sense that makes. Doesnt seem all that immersive, but rather annoying. Whats wrong with Geralt rolling out a nicely depicted old leathery map?

I don’t really like Geralt’s jumping animation. It is performed in a simple and intuitive way but still it looks funny and doesn’t really fit the White Wolf’s character – it looks unnatural.
^ Ah, shit. Game ruined. And all those GOTY awards were so close!
[/QUOTE]
White Poles cant jump?

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom