Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Hang on.. Gwent REPLACES poker dice... why the fuck would they do that? Surely the game is at least big enough to give us the option of both considering that it has other pastimes too.

I liked the Poker Dice.. and it's been around since game one.. it doesn't make sense to take it out now. FUUUU...

bonescraper

Hey, i liked the dice poker too. That's the only minigame i ever liked (well i actually liked FO:NV caravan too). Fuck you CDP, preorder cancelled.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Hang on.. Gwent REPLACES poker dice... why the fuck would they do that? Surely the game is at least big enough to give us the option of both considering that it has other pastimes too.

I liked the Poker Dice.. and it's been around since game one.. it doesn't make sense to take it out now. FUUUU...

What is Gwent?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Gerrard

Arcane
The poker dice was retarded, you had the same hands with the same values as in normal poker even though the probabilities of getting them are completely fucking different.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

What is Gwent?

Some silly arse new 'card' game they've made and are punting soo fucking hard I think they want it to be the next Hearthstone... Fuck CDP.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Poker dice is too luck based and having one decision to make in a whole minigame (how many dices to re-roll) is way too low. If that Gwent is going to be half as fun as Arcomage then I'm in.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't need to say anything more, the fact that you're this butthurt over a shitty minigame with zero effort put into its making says it all.

hiver

Last edited by a moderator:

hiver

Ok... has anyone found a single reference to any kind of skills in this game in all of these retarded amounts of PR diarrhea so far?

Did a single of these hype peddlers mention anything even resembling any sword skills or sign skills or anything like i t? because they are this and that and wah wah waaaah, right?

But is i t because there isnt any in the game or is i t because they have been so streamlined that they dont matter at all? which is better and why?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
There are 4 skill paths : sword, alchemy, signs and general. Character developpement is slightly different from TW2 though no details were given. The 3 hours hands on have been of little use in this regard since, well, it's only 3 hours.
There are also the mutagen potions now, which basically serve the same purpose the artefacts do in STALKER, if I understood correctly.

Oh, and you get XP for quest solving only, I think.

EDIT : I take that back. There's XP for killing things too.

Last edited:

hiver

Yeah... only three hours of gameplay. (that guy said five just in prologue, etc, etc)
and how many hours of gameplay before that?

Not enough time to open skill page, to level up, not even enough time to wonder... hey, are there any skills in this ARPG game? Do they do anything? what?
I totally understand that.

Luckily the codex ... oh wait, err... nevermind that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah... only three hours of gameplay. (that guy said five just in prologue, etc, etc)
and how many hours of gameplay before that?

Not enough time to open skill page, to level up, not even enough time to wonder... hey, are there any skills in this ARPG game? Do they do anything? what?
I totally understand that.
Well it was gamejournos doing the hands-on, those buggers act like they know less about games than a brick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom