Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Nowhere is femtardation more rampant though.

You mean Canada? Our SJW scene is pretty tame / non-existent.. our most pretentious cities (Montreal.. Vancouver) are largely too worried about human civil rights to get caught up in that crap.. Luckily our government is so inept and skilled at wasting tax dollars by the barrel fulls, that our young budding SJW's are more angry at paying 14% of their Mcdonalds paycheck to nothing.

Don't worry.. we are always one hat trick behind the US.. In a few generations Canada will be one large San Francisco.. Entitled as fuck and checking your privilege.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Canada is a fantastic place to live if you don't mind the weather. The cold freezes everything, from poisonous insects to SJW retards.

Sodafish

Arcane
I was referring to feminism specifically, and it is my understanding that they are particularly entrenched in the institutions there, especially in academia.

Ascensa

Literate
It's pretty entrenched in most all academia in the west, I don't think Canada is anything special when it comes to idiots in colleges.

Like, I know there are some schools in the US that teach "feminist biology" and crap like that.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Holy shit did I make the right decision leaving the Witcher forums a couple of years ago.

Sodafish

Arcane
"feminist biology"

*googles*

An excerpt from an article:

Scholars have long talked about how gender bias affects biology research. Thirty years ago, biologists always described sperm as "penetrating" or "burrowing" into passive eggs, even after research showed that eggs play an active role in fertilization… and that sperm's swimming is too weak to penetrate an egg. Today, scientists know that eggs and sperm recognize each other, grab onto each other, and fuse to form embryos. (So romantic!)

:dead:

pippin

-Cells connect with their receptor thingies
-Water is wet

However it will be very fun to realize if they do change something with this "discovery". Paradigms in biology change like every 50 years, which is like whole geologic eras when compared to other disciplines.

On topic: what is so terrible about this community manager? If I remember correctly, they just post stuff on social media and that's it. Sure, he's a Bioware guy, but who cares

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Community Manager is a job you should be embarrassed to have at his age.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
arturyt.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Community Manager is a job you should be embarrassed to have at his age.
He gets paid to sit down all day and doesn't have to do anything particuarly demanding. Better than doing it for free.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Since when he ate the developers.
lame fat joke is lame and unnecessary.
i am genuinely curious whether he actually gets to work on the game, which should be largely finished by this time anyhow, or is just spewing shit to inflate his own ego.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Since when he ate the developers.
lame fat joke is lame and unnecessary.
i am genuinely curious whether he actually gets to work on the game, which should be largely finished by this time anyhow, or is just spewing shit to inflate his own ego.

[FatJokesAside]
Saying Priestly is in charge of Community Management is like saying a Garbage man is in charge of Sanitation and Waste Management..

No this is just something people who sit near success say to themselves to feel inclusive.. (inb4 INCLOOOSIVE)

He is not a developer, designer or artist. He deletes dick posts from TheWitcher forum.. thats all.. They probably send him an email every month of what to talk about.. they may give him unreleased images to post on twitter and want to tap into his neck beard fanbase.

He is now affiliated with smart people who do high quality work.. but he doesn't crack open his dev suite and start helping with implementation and design work. He just gets to feel like he's a part of it because from the outside looking in it seems he is now contributing to the game. I would be surprised if his name even makes the credits.

As the original person said, you should be embarrassed to be a community manager at this age. It's like working at a call center at 40. He's not a PR agent, not in marketing, not contributing to the games completion. He is literally paid to read and moderate a forum.
[/FatJokesAside]

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
As the original person said, you should be embarrassed to be a community manager at this age.
you requoting that doesn't make it any less stupid. no job is something to be embarrassed at. you're still working instead of being a social parasite (whether intentional or due to circumstance), and saying shit like that is the same level of retarded as "you should be embarrassed to play games at your age". not to mention that he gets paid to do marginally more than he might have been doing as part of his hobby anyways. community manager is a pretty sweet job (at least as long as you have thick skin, which i am sure no former bioware employee does, and it pays your bills). doesn't change the fact that equating it with actually working on the game, as he did, is just plain retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom