Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

A user named cat

Well the disc version is the exact same, just as choppy with vsync. This is complete dogballs. Don't know what else to try.

A user named cat

I FIXED IT FINALLY AND MY DOG IS BARKING OH GOD

I did not realize there were multiple pages under general options. I completely overlooked this. Well what do you know, on page 2 there is a stinking mouse smoothing option and it's enabled by default. Turned it off and now everything is gravy with vsync. Mouse smoothing is worst thing to happen to games next to sticky cover and health regen.

iesYOTG.png

There will (or will not be - depending on some previous choice) a large battle at Ascension Peak that some find p. hard.

I just finished it, I guess you mean great battle against Rapax forces where Rapax Queen spawns Templars one after another and Templars summons elementals and so on... wow, that was pretty hard on expert difficulty but I finally managed to kill all of them with my 2-women commando.

Retro Dungeon was pretty shitty and straighforward, with 2-3 trap teleports that send you back outside the dungeon but battle with Nebdar was splendid and her amulet was nice.

Now, when all three artifacts placed in their destination only dat Savant remains so... into the Cosmic Cirlce for final battle!

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
A Bard is a must to start with.

I also highly recommend reading this before creating your party.

Also, there are some small fan made patches available that fix minor bugs. I don't recall their names ATM, though.

Black

Arcane
I don't leave my house (or monastery) in Wiz 8 without my thief.
And you're not Mustawd, thank god.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Is enough one search for one grid place or I have to search in every direction (all walls)?

What can I do with the jammed doors?

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Is enough one search for one grid place or I have to search in every direction (all walls)?

What can I do with the jammed doors?

IIRC, you only need to search the square. There's also a spell that helps finding hidden stuff; especially useful in DARK place, like the Mines.
Jammed doors can be opened with the right keys. They sometimes drops as random loot.

After finishing whole trilogy in 13 months, I must say that playing these games in a row, with imported party should be a must have and such experience is better then then sum of these games.

Of all of them, it's Wiz7 that feels like the main dish. With the largest world, most bullshit puzzles, best class system, NPC that can stole crucial items, demanding ultimate bosses, it gives an incredibly true feeling of adventure in living world. Wiz6 is moar like tutotrial game and Wiz8 - short but grindy, a bit experimental epilogue.

Now i dunno, should I finish Wizardry: TotFL or try infamous Wiz4? Pre-Wiz6 Wizardies looks too archaic but legendary challenge of Wiz4 is tempting.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Try some of the Jap wizardry games. See how those wet your appetite.
I love Wizardry 8 honestly. Great game. And if you want to try again, the mod on this site is apparently damn good in making good changes.
I haven't played it yet.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
After finishing whole trilogy in 13 months, I must say that playing these games in a row, with imported party should be a must have and such experience is better then then sum of these games.

Of all of them, it's Wiz7 that feels like the main dish. With the largest world, most bullshit puzzles, best class system, NPC that can stole crucial items, demanding ultimate bosses, it gives an incredibly true feeling of adventure in living world. Wiz6 is moar like tutotrial game and Wiz8 - short but grindy, a bit experimental epilogue.

Now i dunno, should I finish Wizardry: TotFL or try infamous Wiz4? Pre-Wiz6 Wizardies looks too archaic but legendary challenge of Wiz4 is tempting.
I fear you are gonna get stuck in Wiz IV right from the get go without prior knowledge of Wiz I-III. I would at least play the first scenario as it will make you familiar with the different types of classes and spells and giving you a better idea of what monster summons results in a better chance for survival. You could always rely on a walkthrough but where's the fun in that.

The early Wizardries are easy to get in to, controls are intuitive and it takes maybe 5 minutes to get used to before it feels like you've done it your whole life. But for the sake of your sanity, make sure to constantly have a back-up of your scenariodisk as you will die time and time again, meaning you have to launch an expedition with a new party down into the maze to rescue your dead party. This is not an issue with Wiz IV however since you can save on the go and death is basically just "Game over, try again? Y/N"

I am playing Wiz IV myself right now and currently exploring floor 8.
The floor is pretty straightforward, it's basically a massive minefield aptly called "The Death of a Thousand Cuts" as each landmine will chip away some of your life. There is a path through the minefield, revealed through trial and error and your trusted mapping tool of choice.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
oddech_wymarlych_swiatow you should really play Wiz 1. It controls great, has a fun to use class system and a dungeon that is well designed but still relatively unforgiving in the encounter department. I just recently started playing it seriously and I just plain can't stop. It's addicting for all the right reasons. Also, Wiz 4 might be more impossible if you don't play 1 first as some riddles rely on knowledge of the prior games.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, Wizardry 1 is a rock solid game. And it has just the right difficulty that a seasoned blobberer can play it Iron Man.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I've been playing it with no save state abuse and I'm not really an experienced blobber. It has been difficult enough to tempt me with the idea of abuse.

I am playing Wiz IV myself right now and currently exploring floor 8.
The floor is pretty straightforward, it's basically a massive minefield aptly called "The Death of a Thousand Cuts" as each landmine will chip away some of your life. There is a path through the minefield, revealed through trial and error and your trusted mapping tool of choice.

Meanwhile I've found an excellent LP of Wiz4 made by CrookedBee (already know about minefield) and... ekhm I'll better finish reading.

After reading LP of Wiz4... was it supposed to finished by human being?

I'm checking japanese remake of Werdna for PSX - there is a classic scenario which can by played in english and japanese only arranged version, what are the differences between them except some additonal / upgraded pictures?

Deleted Member 16721

The PS1 version of the original Wizardry trilogy is great. Highlly recommended.

Comes with some additional features such as texture graphics, an auto-map and more. :)

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The PS1 version of the original Wizardry trilogy is great. Highlly recommended.

Comes with some additional features such as texture graphics, an auto-map and more. :)

"and more": censorship.
You confuse it with snes version of Wiz5. The Story of Lllylgamyn (Wiz 1-3) and New Age of Llylgamyn (Wiz 4-5) don't have any censorship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom