Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

J1M

Arcane
Pretty nice cinematic, but the syvannis model looks worse (less and less like a banshee queen) every time they redo it.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Didn't really like the trailer, however the premise + panel announcements sound very good. My main hope is that classes will be more fun to play this time around.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trailer was pure WC3 fanwank. Never mind it makes absolutely no sense in light of Legion. Realize who the big bad was... oh never mind let's go back to killing each other for no good reason. It's MoP 2.0 with WC3 nostalgia and a sign the devs really have no storylines mapped out after N'Zoth and Void Lords.

Trailer was pure WC3 fanwank. Never mind it makes absolutely no sense in light of Legion. Realize who the big bad was... oh never mind let's go back to killing each other for no good reason. It's MoP 2.0 with WC3 nostalgia and a sign the devs really have no storylines mapped out after N'Zoth and Void Lords.

They are probably planning N'zoth, seeing the new islands are to the southeast from the Maelstrom.

And MoP also had Y'Shaarj there.

Puukko

Arcane
That trailer was pretty damn good. Still won't likely be playing it, I'll probably quit in the spring once I've seen all that Legion has to offer.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
What are you getting excited about? Like others have already said, it was a way too cringy W3 tripping. Seems kind of desperate, to be honest. Made me laugh at how boring and aware of their stale playerbase WoW is, more than actually getting excited about "they will change the game for the better at last". Enjoy your new boring races you will not even have a chance for a normal leveling experience with, since the wow gameplay between level 1 and the end game is long dead and takes a moment (and was for years now). They will also be probably the same, just like everything else already got homogenized (or better yet: zglajszachtowane) to the death.

They could purge the WoW altogether and get rid of most of the expansions and re-rework the gameplay to as it used to be at BC, where there was actual gameplay. It is way too bloated, but after the thin texture of this huge monstrosity, there is only void, handholding and microstransactions. Truth to be told, among my friends that started playing WoW at release, not a single one continues, from the same reasons that get mentioned in multiple (was vanilla wow better?) materials. They all dropped the game at wtlk or cataclysm.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, those new races are awesome. You can be like... a draenei with different coloured eyes or a tauren with a different type of horns. You can definitely see how Blizzard reinvests in the rich lore of its world.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
New expac looks like fun and is exactly what WoW needed. The game had strayed off too far from the Horde vs Alliance dynamic. Adding actual WarCraft to WoW is now seen as nostalgia pandering? Okay, then.

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'm willing to bet that the whole Alliance vs Horde plot will last up til 7.1/.1.5 at best, with the entire focus switching over to Azshara and the old gods completely afterwards. Not to say that it's a bad thing, I love me some orcs vs humans.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
New expac looks like fun and is exactly what WoW needed. The game had strayed off too farm from the Horde vs Alliance dynamic. Adding actual WarCraft to WoW is now seen as nostalgia pandering? Okay, then.
It is when it makes zero sense in the context of the most recent story arc. And all this shit with sub-races screams lack of actual content and a desperate developer team buying time since they're run out of narratives. It's like they're aping Warhammer Online nearly a decade past when that game was relevant (if it ever was).

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am intrigued. Mythic dungeons and the return of scenarios should bring some entertainment. Plus, Alliance gets to go Deus Vult for once.

Wow, those new races are awesome. You can be like... a draenei with different coloured eyes or a tauren with a different type of horns. You can definitely see how Blizzard reinvests in the rich lore of its world.
For the most part I agree, but those Light Forged Draenei are much better in terms of quality and cosmetics (horns,hair, faces). I do not even play anymore and I thought those models were one of the best.

In these last days I considered that I like the universe of Warcraft, but to be honest I find really really strange that these people that do say that they 'like Warcraft' are basically endorsing the way blizzard is developing the lore now by buying the new expansion everytime they are out and paying the monthly fee (when not doing enough inside the game to avoid paying it).

Really, when seeing some cinematic I actually start laughing for the sheer ridicolousness that they shows, I could never show anyone but 'zealot' and not thinking fans the new videos. I could show my parents, my girlfriend or anyone curious Arthas final cinematic in WC3, and it will bring a few questions to the viewer, even one that has never heard the word 'warcraft', but show them all these cinematics for wow and you will actually see them moving their eyes to me in a hint of a laugh on their face

Nowadays all these videos and shit lore serve just as memerino on the .net, like YOU ARE NOT PREPARED that actually is the most ridicolous thing I've ever heard, something that a 6 years old kid would not even dare to say or imitate in any way.

Holy fucking shit how the mighty have fallen

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Holy shit I'm so hyped for this xpac everything about it sounds amazing. 3 player scenarios, tactical AI, integrating PvP in a meaningful way, + you get to be a fucking pirate! Lots and lots of very awesome stuff. The new environments look amazing as well, they've def upgraded the graphics a lot.

Also they're making CLASSIC servers like WTF my mind was blown when they started talking about ice cream I literally would have bet my life that they would never announce something like that alongside a new xpac.

They're also going to integrate their own voice chat into parties/raids so you can actually chat with people without needing 3rd party clients. I've been asking for that for years.

This may be the best xpac they've ever made + we're getting fucking classic realms WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW mega hype

Keshik

Arcane
Certainly all does sound interesting, finally we get to see Kul Tiras, funny we had to wait 14 years to have all of the Alliance kingdoms from WC2 present :P Having to grind out AP to level up the artifact medallion will be meh. But glad to see scenarios return, those were a fun thing to do back in MoP if you only had a couple of friends on. Hopefully they don't pull a WoD and nix a bunch of promised stuff.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Like Diablo 3, WoW at this point cannot be salvaged....... ya'all better move to the classic version when they will make it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom