Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Theme Feedback

funkadelik

Arcane
Looks great! I was going to cry a little tear if the Codex's look didn't come back.

kaizoku

Arcane
All right, after much fighting with the CSS, the RPG Codex theme is in. If there's something that doesn't look right, assume I missed it and complain about it here.

If you like it, :brofist: this post!
One thing that I would like to see fixed is the post information footer. It should be a header instead.

How it should be: (compare the difference with the second post)
iQOO8.jpg

zeitgeist

Magister
One thing that I would like to see fixed is the post information footer. It should be a header instead.
How it should be: (compare the difference with the second post)
Indeed, the old version was much better, the flow of information was just right. The New post sign should probably be moved somewhere else not to interfere with the interactive parts (Reply etc) though.

Starting to come together nicely, now. A couple things I'll note real quick:

1.) Spoler tags aren't working.
2.) Consider decreasing blank space above and below avatars
3.) Place information below avatars such as "Member Since:" and "Message Count:" on the same line instead of the title/data being on different lines (Message Count: 886 instead of Message Count:\n886).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Okay both the quick reply box and the more options reply screen are a white box with white text, meaning I can't see what I write at all. I had to switch to default view just to type this. IE8.

Alternating posts are no longer a lighter shade of blue like they used to be. It helped to distiniguish them a little better.

Also the "poster box" seemed to have a smaller size limitation than previously. Your location, for instance DU, is cut off.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay both the quick reply box and the more options reply screen are a white box with white text, meaning I can't see what I write at all. I had to switch to default view just to type this. IE8.

Stop using IE8. If you have to use IE, at least upgrade to the latest version.

Please think of the web developers.

attackfighter

Magister
This kinda looks better than the old Codex.

But one thing I'd recommend is getting rid of video embedding. I had to put someone on ignore because he spammed a bunch of embedded videos and it took too long for the page to load. Plus threads like the "post a random youtube video" one are pretty much off-limits to me because it takes forever to load them.

And one other thing I'd recommend is either lowering the avatar sizes, or allowing for smaller ones. Many of the old codex's avatars are too small for the new codex and look ugly when resized.

But yeah other than that this site looks great :thumbs up:

EG

Nullified
OldSkoolKamikaze's new signature reads "Don't put that YT crap back in, it's crashing Flash and it slows down pages to a halt. -Tal"

I think you're safe now, AttackFighter.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If it wasn't your name it'd be someone elses.
Could you widen the avatar/name space just a hair? My name still gets the last character shaved at native resolution.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The avatar borders are gone now, yay! Finally I can come back to my old avatar. :love:

Now, no one has an excuse anymore NOT to use the old codex-library avatars. Do it! :rpgcodex:

Monocause

Arcane
Looks great, nice job. One nitpick for ya - the GOG banner overlaps the navigation bar at the top of the page while running on the latest Chrome, Win7

Beztytuu-2.jpg

Also, longer signatures get cropped by the divider between posts but that was already mentioned on the previous page. Nothing else that I've noticed.

Perhaps you should start redirecting the home page directly to /forums again? The way it works now is perfectly serviceable, you can just add a "Work In Progress" banner somewhere so that the latecomers don't get a panic attack followed by a stroke.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Can there be a tutorial about all the stuff cause I really don't want to have to figure it out on my own. Also make sure the tutorial is good.

EG

Nullified
Can there be a tutorial about all the stuff cause I really don't want to have to figure it out on my own. Also make sure the tutorial is good.
No tutorials.

No quest compasses.

No handholding.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Same here. Works I fine on Chrome though, but I don't like Crome.

ElectricOtter

Looks great. One minor thing is that the "?" default avatar should just be blank instead, like on the old 'dex.

gromit

Arcane
Came in here to rabble on about how the poster info needed to be inline, to continue the righteous war against superfluous verticality.

Well done: literally looks better every time I check. Remove the oldshit menu and make the newshit one look like it. Will it do tabs or only a drop-down?

garren

Arcane
Patron
Some of this stuff is already mentioned, but that's how I roll.

HLUqN.jpg

Gog banner looks wonky.

IlLe8.jpg

Please either add the replyers avatar to this box or remove it altogether and extend the text box area to the left.

Thanks to racofer for this Old Skool Kodex pic:
ucxwz.jpg

Now look at the current quote boxes. The boxes we have now have too much padding, please make them smaller.
Also, the white line separating the signature area is too long. I liked the old style more, where there was only this short white line.

Also, some very long signatures get cut out like this:
uA4l8.jpg

OTHER STUFF:
- Remove the question mark if one has no avatar.
- If you edit your message, the forum should add a note to the end of the post
- Rename the "reply" button to "quote" if quoting another forum member.
- Add a "preview" button next to the reply button when writing a message, I use that shit all the time and its annoying that its hidden in some submenu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom