Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Theme Feedback

Divicus

Learned
:thumbsup: Some impressive steps forward in the last few days!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looking very good, thank you for listening and implementing some of the important input.

How does one ignore a user, it used to be the exclamation mark if I recall correctly ?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, click on name first, then stalk or ignore. (WTF is stalk anyway)

Also, the warnings above posts make for good lulz, I like it.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DwarvenFood, Today at 12:03 PM
Feels like the Codex wants to be Quinn. It's nice that they're above the quotes, but some more editing wouldn't hurt, eg:
YYYY.MM.DD hh:mm
Timestamp should be editable in preferences to whatever the person wants...:M
And the smilies really should be a) in code when you write the post and b) the smilie gallery needs to be broader and show more at once.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
- Large/small avatars looks shite now (especially transparent ones), they looked better with a frame.
- Possible to have Brofist/reply/report at the end of the post as well as the top? Actually, where is the damn report button in the first place... (Real easy to miss, since everything is plain white).
- Signature doesn't stand out of the body text enough.

Yeah, outer border of the main body (the black) is fugly, fix that and this is already a whole lot prettier than the old look.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
- Possible to have Brofist/reply/report at the end of the post as well as the top?

This. Brofist should be at the end of the post. Makes it easier to brofist a huge post, like an LP update for example, without having to scroll all the way back up to the beginning of the post.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'm getting an screwed up display sometimes when loading up a forum where people without avatars posted topics. The avatar box becomes huge and blank and squishes the topic title into a 2-3 character wide space a dozen lines high. Is fixed upon reloading the page, but it's happened more than once now.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I've fixed a couple of issues in the fixed width theme so it should be usable again.

Also, if 50kb of ads are slowing things down quite a bit for you... are you on dial-up?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
I've fixed a couple of issues in the fixed width theme so it should be usable again.

Also, if 50kb of ads are slowing things down quite a bit for you... are you on dial-up?
i'm not and it's the connection to the ad service, which slows stuff down, not the 50kb pictures, that get loaded

odd thing too, as there was no slowdown with just the top banner thing for me

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Now that'd be even more mysterious given that they come from the same place... they load in a fraction of a second for me.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
nah ... FF 9.0.1 ... also: seems it only happens sometimes now... had bad slowdowns earlier today, though

wonder if anyone else had those problems

SoupNazi

Yeah, I'm having the same problems. On Opera. So did some other dude.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oi, would it be possibly to get the post limit per page in the Playground brought back? It was a lot easier on the uploader broadband and viewer comfort when you didn't have to load 5 updates at once when checking the new one.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There's no option in XF to change it for a specific forum only... SEO url reasons but primarily general stupidity as noted in the threads below. It's another one of those "what the bejesus were they thinking?!" XF things.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/posts-per-page.943/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-posts-per-page-user-setting.19973/

Hopefully someone will provide a mod for it soon... wouldn't be hard to change it manually but I'm not sure how it'd behave with the SEF links and future XF upgrades so it'd need to be looked at.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Loving the new (old-ish) design. The only real problems I can spot are the overlappings which have already been mentioned. Great job though, DU. :thumbsup:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Could the little 'New' tags on unread posts be moved somewhere else? Breaking the margin like that is too eye catching for something you only need to see when you're looking for it. The corner or bottom/top margin of the post would be better.

Edit: I realized the topic list bug is a bit different than described, and has nothing to do with the avatars, which was just a coincidence. Took a pic:

forumglitch.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You could try creating a basic smiley one to see if it looks good.:eek::roll:o_O

ElectricOtter

The smilies do suck, but if we replace them we need to keep :eek:. It's like :what:and :retarded: rolled into one without being too big (or a dumb image macro).

Shannow

Waster of Time
There's no option in XF to change it for a specific forum only... SEO url reasons but primarily general stupidity as noted in the threads below. It's another one of those "what the bejesus were they thinking?!" XF things.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/posts-per-page.943/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-posts-per-page-user-setting.19973/

Hopefully someone will provide a mod for it soon... wouldn't be hard to change it manually but I'm not sure how it'd behave with the SEF links and future XF upgrades so it'd need to be looked at.
Oh boy, does that sound familiar :lol:
Not only that sounds familliar. It even has a fanboy defense force:
Hard coded posts-per-page is necessary for fully canonical links, as well for usability. As an example, recently someone sent me a link to a page in a forum and pointed me at a particular post, but it wasn't on my page...
Because it would make totally no sense to have such links point to the number of the post in the thread instead of the number of the post on a certain page :roll:

Shannow

Waster of Time
I could remake my smilies to resemble the Codex Troll but that would be a time consuming activity...
Anybody interested in donating to support it?
pokerface.gif

EDIT: but seriously, would you guys want them? I could make some basic ones at least.
If you make them red and slow down the animations they'd be quite cool...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Someone needs to make forum specific codex troll icons for each of the sub-forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom