Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There's a new gaming website in town!

Angthoron

Arcane
CrimsonAngel said:
Xor said:
Most of the reviewers on thatguywiththeglasses have absolutely no talent. The only ones worth watching are the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, and maybe the Nostalgia Chick.

Phelus is peaty good and so is the Cinemasnob.

Chick is p.much gone thanks to slapping up a bunch of half-assed "Nostalgia vids". A bit of a pity that. Critic should try some new approach maybe, the SCREAAAAAM thing got old faster than Yahtzee's fastspeak.

Spoony is obviously one of the good ones, but I don't consider him to be a TGWTG member anyway, he's big enough on his own.

Phelus, Snob and Brain as well as Linkara are alright, not always good, but hey, when would I otherwise watch such shitty flicks as Hostel or House of the Dead?

But the Angry Joe thing, I honestly don't get why is he even "angry". I tried watching a review, raged and never thought of it again.

attackfighter

Magister
Angthoron said:
CrimsonAngel said:
Xor said:
Most of the reviewers on thatguywiththeglasses have absolutely no talent. The only ones worth watching are the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, and maybe the Nostalgia Chick.

Chick is p.much gone thanks to slapping up a bunch of half-assed "Nostalgia vids". A bit of a pity that. Critic should try some new approach maybe, the SCREAAAAAM thing got old faster than Yahtzee's fastspeak.

Spoony is obviously one of the good ones, but I don't consider him to be a TGWTG member anyway, he's big enough on his own.

Phelus, Snob and Brain as well as Linkara are alright, not always good, but hey, when would I otherwise watch such shitty flicks as Hostel or House of the Dead?

But the Angry Joe thing, I honestly don't get why is he even "angry". I tried watching a review, raged and never thought of it again.

to be fair he never really comes off as being angry, from what I've seen his reviews are very upbeat until the very end where he makes a few concessions about the game's faults

for example, I watched his SC2 review, and he spent the entire vid talking about how the characters were deep and lying about how there was a cutscene for every mission, then at the end he just kinda tacked on "oh but there's no LAN!!! Blizz really dropped the ball there huh..." before going back to sucking the game's dick. the saddest part wass that only moments before criticizing the lack of LAN he confessed that he didn't even care about the multiplayer so LAN should've been a complete non-issue to him.

Angthoron

Arcane
That's kinda what I meant, yeah. Unless the name is ironic, he should be called Happy Joe or somesuch. I'm more angry about my lettuce being a shade not green enough than this fellow is about glaring issues in game dev.

Not that it's a bad thing if you're into being happy, but it kinda doesn't fit the theme of the rest of the site even.

Quilty

Magister
Angthoron said:
CrimsonAngel said:
Xor said:

Your "Shitty Internet Personas" lore knowledge is several levels above mine. I don not envy you. :M

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I rewatched a few of Spoony's videos and yeah, some of his stuff is pretty hilarious, but it seemed to drag on too much. Cut the reviews in half and they'd be much better.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Gotta say, "Channel Awesome" and the rest of the "That Guy" gang is very quickly starting to get on my nerves. I'm glad James Rolfe never got really affiliated with these clowns. He seems like a guy with both feet at the ground, who runs his site because he loves movies and games and not because of donations donations donations and dreams of becoming as big as Gamespot one day!

Also, what the fuck is up with Spoony selling autographed pictures of himself? I just noticed this. Is it a joke? When did he hit his head and started thinking he was famous? Shit, when did his fucking fans hit their heads? Ridiculous.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Andyman Messiah said:
Gotta say, "Channel Awesome" and the rest of the "That Guy" gang is very quickly starting to get on my nerves. I'm glad James Rolfe never got really affiliated with these clowns. He seems like a guy with both feet at the ground, who runs his site because he loves movies and games and not because of donations donations donations and dreams of becoming as big as Gamespot one day!

Also, what the fuck is up with Spoony selling autographed pictures of himself? I just noticed this. Is it a joke? When did he hit his head and started thinking he was famous? Shit, when did his fucking fans hit their heads? Ridiculous.

I think that's why the AVGN is more popular than TGWTG, he doesn't come off as arrogant at all. He's more knowledgeable about movies, as well; I actually learned a few things watching some of his videos.

The SwordQuest one was awesome. The Nerd managed to turn some old marketing gimmick bullshit games into an actual IRL "quest".

It's also nice how the more autistically-inclinated fail to notice the Nerd is a character. Even after that video of the new Ghostbusters game he reviewed as himself, because the Nerd only deals with shitty games.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Quilty said:
I noticed this on that site where you can watch Yahtzee's stuff.

Hot or not, codex?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... st-Glasses

Would be super hot if she was not saying what she was saying, but actually was saying something different.

Edit: Although she did pick Gordon Freeman as her sexiest glasses guy, which means should would dig me, so that automatically makes her more attractive.

Super-edit: This thread is beautiful by the way.

attackfighter

Magister
:rage: Starcrap 2 nominated for spikes VGA award show :rage:

Oh wait, I never knew that thing existed until now and everyone looked like they were being payed to be there ("beautiful" women at video game ceremony? you will not fool me so easily Spike VGA thing...).

But yeah angry joe's a shitty interviewer and the bowtie guy was kinda a prick. It was sad to watch grown men argue over what year Final Fantasy Online was released, they shoulda just handled it like most gaming industry people do: passively and with little interest.

CrimHead

Scholar
AVGN has become painfully un-funny as of late. He used to be one of my favorites. But he's been shit for about a year and a half now. I guess a person can only sustain an alternate persona for so long, especially one so 1-dimensional.

Also, check out Spoony's ED page for some lulz: Apparently Constructive Criticism>Spoony every time

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/The_Spoony_Experiment

Spoony used to be good too. What a shame.

Edit: Ultima retrospects are definite incline though. Too bad he puts out like once per every 2 months, everything in-between being embarrassing, unorganized, unscripted "here's what I did over the weekend" bullshit V-logs.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The ultima stuff became instant decline when he introduced the clown. It's gonna have a lame storyline now. Fucking online reviewers and their storylines. WHY?

Kraszu

Prophet
CrimHead said:
Edit: Ultima retrospects are definite incline though. Too bad he puts out like once per every 2 months, everything in-between being embarrassing, unorganized, unscripted "here's what I did over the weekend" bullshit V-logs.

Yeah V-logs are boring, and not worth watching, but the new Highlander review was ok. The one that he did himself that is, the other one is awful.

Kraszu

Prophet
Hobo Elf said:
The ultima stuff became instant decline when he introduced the clown. It's gonna have a lame storyline now. Fucking online reviewers and their storylines. WHY?

Add to that boring fake fight that always look the same, and poop jokes.

Multi-headed Cow

FaChoi said:
Angry Joe?
Much butthurt from him; http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/12/geoff-keighley-vgas-interview/
Some asshat from the VGA's shits all over him and he posts a 25 min vid crying about it.....made me cry too
Good job, got me to click on a link there and it was actually funny. :salute:

Edit: Hahaha, oh god. This video is a trainwreck. The guy he's interviewing is kind of a dick, but Angry Joe's being such a schmuck you can tell the guy's trying to bow out of there as quickly as he can. I THINK GAME SOUNDTRACK MEANS MUSIC GAME!!!

Multi-headed Cow said:
FaChoi said:
Angry Joe?
Much butthurt from him; http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/12/geoff-keighley-vgas-interview/
Some asshat from the VGA's shits all over him and he posts a 25 min vid crying about it.....made me cry too
Good job, got me to click on a link there and it was actually funny. :salute:

Edit: Hahaha, oh god. This video is a trainwreck. The guy he's interviewing is kind of a dick, but Angry Joe's being such a schmuck you can tell the guy's trying to bow out of there as quickly as he can. I THINK GAME SOUNDTRACK MEANS MUSIC GAME!!!

Every time I get linked to one of his stupid videos, I go to the web page expecting to get a good laugh at the fucktard. Then I see his face and I can't even bear to start the video. He's that repulsive. I could watch the videos if it included 3 men fisting each other if the content was lol-worthy enough, but this guy is just absolutely disgusting.

Quilty

Magister
Hobo Elf said:
FaChoi said:
Angry Joe?

This is probably the first time Angry Joe is actually angry.

I love the way he pauses every now and then, completely incapable to form a sentence, and just stares at the camera in silence. It's almost sad to see his incompetent ass exposed like that. Oh, and the whole IMMA CHAMPINO OF THE PEOPLE part is amazing. :lol:

EDIT: Watch Joe completely blow his load all over Felicia Day: http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/12/ ... licia-day/

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I just find it amusing that these people think they have a say in anything, and assume they are hot shit now that they have a few youtube level of quality videos on the internet.
"Don't ignore me! I have over 100 subscribers on my youtube account!"
They should just be glad that they even got invited to the VGA.

Edit: Even though I hate Angry Joe, and he did make himself a fool with his lack of journalistic abilities, I still do feel that he does make more than just a few good points. He wanted more PC games in VGA, and he was against the unnecessary celebs that have nothing to do with video games.

attackfighter

Magister
Quilty said:
EDIT: Watch Joe completely blow his load all over Felicia Day: http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/12/ ... licia-day/

I like how in the first video he tries to get sympathy by saying he was kept waiting all day, but then in this one it turns out he was actually harassing at least one woman if not more. He is a menace to society!

Even though I hate Angry Joe, and he did make himself a fool with his lack of journalistic abilities, I still do feel that he does make more than just a few good points. He wanted more PC games in VGA, and he was against the unnecessary celebs that have nothing to do with video games.

Yeah he may be the lesser of two evils when it comes to him vs. spike tv. Not that I know anything about spike tv, I just assume it sux pretty bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom