Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thermidor: New Tactical JRPG of Epic Proportions!

HyperdevRon

Literate
Hey!

This is Ron from HyperDevbox Japan.

I just wanted to let everyone at Gaijin Gamers know about our new HUGE project, titled - Thermidor.

Thermidor is a Tactical JRPG, that takes place in France 1789, at the dawn of the French Revolution.

Check out this teaser!

This massive game is being created right now, but for us to be able to complete it in this millennium :eek: we have decided to fund it using crowdfunding.

So if you want to get informed about our progress, or even help us fund the game, you can subscribe to our newsletter here, or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus.

Thank you!

Mustawd

52 seconds of fancy graphic design with subpar portraits/character dolls?

WTF is this? Random JRPG dev month?

Jaesun , help dawg. I dunno what's going on. You're seeing this too right? It's not just me?

HyperdevRon

Literate

Jaesun , help dawg. I dunno what's going on. You're seeing this too right? It's not just me?

I don't understand your comment...
Is this not an RPG forum for gamers?
Aren't you interested in new game releases?

HyperdevRon

Literate
Nothing "subpar" comes out of our company.
We've been working on this game for a year now, and we don't intend to stop until it becomes one AMAZING Tactical JRPG.

Hyperion

Arcane
I've backed a grand total of 0 kickstarters in my time.

That trend continues on.

HyperdevRon

Literate
I just wanted to let everyone at Gaijin Gamers know about our new HUGE project, titled - Thermidor.

It's fine to copy paste your press releases, but at least have the good sense to change the recipient's name. This is like sending your resume to Microsoft while saying how much you love Apple in the cover letter.
Yes, I screwed up there... Sorry!

Mustawd

Inside joke. Also, trailer sucks. Absolute 0 gameplay is not exciting, but whatevah. I'll withhold judgment till I see some.

pippin

There's something really iffy about the art, almost has a deviantart-ish quality to it. And you're not even showing gameplay. This could be a visual novel for all we know.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Share some gameplay, and a little more. All I saw was a bunch of
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

HyperdevRon

Literate

Inside joke. Also, trailer sucks. Absolute 0 gameplay is not exciting, but whatevah. I'll withhold judgment till I see some.
I see.
OK, thank you :)

HyperdevRon

Literate
There's something really iffy about the art, almost has a deviantart-ish quality to it. And you're not even showing gameplay. This could be a visual novel for all we know.
Your'e right, it could. But as the title explains, it's a Tactical JRPG, so there shouldn't be any confusion there ^^

Severian Silk

"Japanese Tactical RPG" could mean just about anything anything. There is so much innovation going on in that genre. Compare two titles and they are totally different. OTOH, compare The Witcher to Ultima IV and they are mostly the same.

This is why the Codex mostly talks about Japanese Tactical RPGs. Because they like variety.

HyperdevRon

Literate
"Japanese Tactical RPG" could mean just about anything anything. There is so much innovation going on in that genre. Compare two titles and they are totally different. OTOH, compare The Witcher to Ultima IV and they are mostly the same.

This is why the Codex mostly talks about Japanese Tactical RPGs. Because they like variety.
Good point!
You'll have to wait and see ^^

HyperdevRon

Literate
It's going to be an Adventure Tactical JRPG that takes place in France just as the revolution was about to start.
The game will be available for mobile and PC/Mac.
The details about the graphics, game play, characters, etc', will ALL be disclosed at the start of the campaign.

HyperdevRon

Literate
Some of you asked to see some game play screenshots, so here they are!
Please don't forget that these are still of early work in progress, so be gentle^^

screenshot-1EN.jpg

screenshot-2EN.jpg

screenshot-3EN.jpg

screenshot-4EN.jpg

screenshot-5EN.jpg

You can find out more about Thermidor here!

Perkel

Arcane
Nothing "subpar" comes out of our company.
Buy you already released subpar trailer/teaser that says nothing.

I don't know if you noticed but if not this is rpg codex. No one buys here pretty words and non trailers. If you want people here hyped then talk about systems in game and so on and what is so special about your game that people should play it.

"Massive" is like poster boy of someone who doesn't know what the hell is doing with his own game unless you provide context for that "massive" part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom