Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

Dev_Anj

Learned
but I don't know anything about Dromed.
Don't think skacky wants more level designers right now, he's just looking for voice actors and people who can make briefings in the style of the first 2 Thief games. Don't be afraid to step up if you think you can help!

Random_Taffer

Educated
Starring Sean Connery as Garrett

:)

Haha, yep!

Originally it was a Garrett mission, but later I decided to make it a new character named Conall. I was trying out voice actors and Masterthief3 sent me a Sean Connery take as a joke. I laughed initially, but the more I listened, the more it grew on me and I decided to say fuck it and roll with it.

DrKubiac

Educated
It works very well, you easily forget the impersonation as you listen to it! Damn masterthief3 really is gifted with his voice acting...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
A new DromEd taffer has emerged and released his first FM: "The Iron Heart".

This is a T2-era mansion heist that quickly starts hinting at there being something hidden underneath it all. For someone who's releasing his first work, this is pretty good. It's not perfect by any means - the mansion is all made up of right angles, one room has an arched ceiling and diagonals are only used in changes in elevation. At least the author has a good grasp on thinking in 3 dimensions, best exemplified by the stairs leading into the mansion - a careful study of the surroundings will reveal how to get past a deviously placed guard.

But the tone and style of the whole thing changes once the basement area is reached. Here we see more freeform architecture, style and quite original design ideas. (Guybrush Threepwood's trademark line gets a nod here.) Platforming elements are introduced, but fortunately steer away from the obvious pitfalls of platforming in the Dark Engine - instead we get a couple of somewhat cheesy sections, like platforms that 'crumble away' before you even step on them or a vertical race out of a pit before it fills up and kills you.

Readables cover the whole spectrum - the mansion has a diary that's smitten with Audiolog Syndrome, but there are also a couple of shorter readables that are enjoyable. My favourite is the short note in the servant's quarters (what starts out as a love confession quickly turns sour), but the readables in the basement section are all terminally infected with Audiolog Syndrome - these could have been done in a better manner.

But overall I recommend playing this: It's not outstanding in any sense, but it's not bad either. Hopefully we'll see more from this taffer in the future.

Riskbreaker

I honestly can't imagine any Codexer who would abuse inhumane niceness of dem TTLG-ers in such a heinous way.

Max_b5

Augur
BruderMurus and the infamous downwinder remind me of the time when I joined TTLG back in 2009. Me thinks English be difficult. :obviously:

Garrettt

Educated
What's all about a BruderMurus, not on TTLG forums, so no clue what's up.

He's the sort of person who would create threads with titles like.. oh I don't know "Thief became the meaning of my life... am i mentally ill and need to go to hospital ?"

DrKubiac

Educated
Besides, whenever he posts something it's really tough to tell if he's trolling or if he's sincere but his bad english gets in the way... It's amazing anyway.

Garrettt

Educated
Wasn't there a codexer who was doing that on the squeenix forums? purposefully had terrible English and kept saying "Bro" and trolling everyone

Dev_Anj

Learned
"And so it was that the Builder said:
"Buildest not thy sinful abode of cones
or thy shacks of boxes,
lest thou embarass the glory of the Builder.
Thine works shalt be of greater worth
if only thou submit to the will of the iron eagle."
--- Page 347, Treatise of the Builder's Maniacs

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
And the Builder said: "If thou can readest these words, know that the Builder has fled this house." - Page 4 of Drom's Book of the Builder.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Some major news. There's an ambitious award contest organized by Athalle and Stefan_Key at TTLG, and there are some big rewards for authors winning, as well as one random voter. You can choose among the best authors, best fan missions and best upcoming authors. You need to message them though to get your vote accepted, or have a TTLG account to post with your selection in the thread. I hope anyone interested votes there.

Further details here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146609

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
My voting will (sadly) be restricted to TG and T2, but I already have a good idea of my nominations.

The hardest one will be the "newcomer" award, as the info is laid out in such a manner that I have to look up the author to see a list of his works, not the other way around - and I couldn't find any readily available resource for that.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Surprising amount of votes for Soul_Tear, showing that
  • horrendous design decisions are forgiven even in Thieflandia;
  • high production values matter more than people would dare to admit, even in Thieflandia;
  • Russia stronk.
:1up:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom