Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

things which trigger me

hivemind

Coltan and Neelos don't have an ending slide.
Saving Neelos has zero(0) consequence. Coltan at least gives you a poison bottle IIRC.
Livia doesn't have an ending slide.
Levir and some other mid to late game character have just one sentence in their journal description.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Originally, Neleos was supposed to be sent to kill Meru, but Hamza was a better fit for several reasons. Then we thought of doing a proper trip to the temple with a chosen lord, but there were too many permutations to do it reasonably fast (for example, if you take Antidas to the temple, if Meru won, his zealots are seeking the temple, if Gaelius won, his men are trying to seal it, so they'd blow up Hellgate and move toward the temple through the river (thus clearing up the way for you), etc. It's a fairly large piece of content, even if it adds to each playthrough no more than 5-10 min, and has plenty of room for many characters who spent most of the game sitting on a bench like Dellar and Neleos.

I'll try to do it after I finish the dialogues for the dungeon crawler but it's not something I can promise at this point.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
In the meantime, you could at least modify the very strong in-game hint that you may meet Neleos again. It gives the offputting impression that you missed something on the way. Unless you already have altered that slide. I have not yet played the absolute newest version.

The best option, though it may take a lot of work, would be to have him as an alternative assassin route through Ganezzar. The way it is you have no option to uphold Boatmen independence, which is a value you feel you're upholding when you support Neleos to the bitter end. Hamza can't be convinced to turn on his guildmaster just because some grunt wants to, but he might be more open to defecting to another guildmaster.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
The best option, though it may take a lot of work, would be to have him as an alternative assassin route through Ganezzar. The way it is you have no option to uphold Boatmen independence, which is a value you feel you're upholding when you support Neleos to the bitter end. Hamza can't be convinced to turn on his guildmaster just because some grunt wants to, but he might be more open to defecting to another guildmaster.

Good point, GlutenBurger. As much as I enjoyed helping creating the Holy Inquisition by killing Hamza and joining the Meru Cult, an option to both kill Hamza AND Meru while securing the independence of the Boatmen would have been awesome. Cheers

Achievement name suggestion: Crashing the Boat with no survivors

hivemind

Wut are you guys talking fanfictioning about.

Neleos is a top lad, but you are not going to retain "boatman independence" if he somehow shows up and you kill Hamza with him. He is at best a backwater nobody in the Maadoran scheme of things, or at worse he is literally the reason why boatman independence is not even feasible anymore(Darrista joining with Gaelius as a reaction to public opinion after Teron Boatmen killed the IG, the IG slaughter also might have served as a good enough spark for the Genezzar zealots to slaughter the boatmen).

How exactly would he impact Boatmen independence in Maadoran(since neither the Teron nor Genezzar branches exist anymore) ? If he shows up alone looking to make trouble Darrista/Gaelius just kill him. If you somehow get Hamza to betray Darrista to join you and Neleos(which is stupid as fuck anyway) you can't even do anything because that at that time Serenas/Strabos/maybe Levir are fucking dead and there is no opposition left to Gaelius and Darrista, so if the Boatmen try to rebel and be "independent" they will just end up like the Genezzar branch.

And if it's the timeline where Gaelius and Darrista are dead then the Boatmen already are independent(aka forced to suck dick in the slums) and Neleos can't feasibly impact that in any way either.

hivemind

There are no boatmen, there is just Varus and you.

Hamza comes to kill Meru to end the siege, not you.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Great idea!

Jrpgfan

Erudite
My first playthrough was as an assassin and after I saved Neleos, his last words really led me to believe I would meet him again later in the game and that it would be relevant to the story. I was obviously disappointed when I finished the game and there was no sign of him. I even started another assassin playthrough just to see if there was another path where he would show up.

To be honest though, I was expecting a longer playthrough. Didn't know back then the game was designed to offer very high replay value.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
:necro:

Ehem, so.... did we ever get to meet Coltan and Neleos later on in the game? The Teron ending slide for Coltan definitely hinted at the possibility, the way it did Esbenus's. Neleos.... not so much, but his dialogue at the end he wanted to restore the local guild, which means Teron's.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Neleos shows up at the very end in the new endings when you side with Thor and bring Meru to Hellgate. At least I'm pretty sure it only happens with Meru. Bonus fun if you bring Militiades along too.

Black Angel

Arcane
Neleos shows up at the very end in the new endings when you side with Thor and bring Meru to Hellgate. At least I'm pretty sure it only happens with Meru. Bonus fun if you bring Militiades along too.
Holy shit..... damn, Miltiades is really something, eh?

Still.... seems like no chance to meet Coltan, eh?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
8947c9f403c807e501e18dd7fe1e4c65d2ab02ad89e97fd7292486cf543be0d3_1.jpg

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really disappointed that people aren't angry that we don't get to meet the demon again. He was headed towards Gannezar, right? Can't find him anywhere. He's not in Dungeon Rats, either (the demon you do find is someone else).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Really disappointed that people aren't angry that we don't get to meet the demon again. He was headed towards Gannezar, right?
No. From the ending slides:

"Released from the tower that became his prison, the stone guardian disappeared without a trace. A few years later disturbing rumors of demons impervious to blade or fire began to spread. According to these tales, the demons slept under a mountain for a long time but were recently awakened. Now they labor day and night fortifying the mountain and building something deep within it."

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Really disappointed that people aren't angry that we don't get to meet the demon again. He was headed towards Gannezar, right?
No. From the ending slides:

"Released from the tower that became his prison, the stone guardian disappeared without a trace. A few years later disturbing rumors of demons impervious to blade or fire began to spread. According to these tales, the demons slept under a mountain for a long time but were recently awakened. Now they labor day and night fortifying the mountain and building something deep within it."

I think you could spoil us and say whats up with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom