Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Thread watcher borked.

Black

Arcane
Even though I have watch'd certain threads, after a short while I no longer get alerts when something new gets posted. The thread is still "watched" but it fucking doesn't do anything and I have to manually unwatch/watch again.
This is bullshit!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Even though I have watch'd certain threads, after a short while I no longer get alerts when something new gets posted. The thread is still "watched" but it fucking doesn't do anything and I have to manually unwatch/watch again.
This is bullshit!
Get alert, visit thread. Otherwise no new alerts will be issued.

This has been a public service announcement.

Dead Guy

Cipher
The only time I've been annoyed with it is when I shut down my browser without checking the codex tab first, at least for me when I did that the alerts would not show up next time I logged in and the thread would still be watched but no new alerts. As soon as you read a new post in it you get the alerts again, though. Apart from that it worked fine the way it was.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd often slip out of having a watched thread appearing in alerts. Solution is to just check the Watched Threads link every so often.

Well, that was one solution. Obviously this one is superior and not annoying.

Black

Arcane
Yeah, DU "improved" it so we get alerts EVERY TIME a new post appears in a watched thread, not only the first time.
Man, I tell you, Australians. Man. Damn.

Cadmus

Arcane
I thought I had wanted this change but I don't. DU shows us the path to the light, praise him.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
DU fucked up, bug him.

Being at Codex from 2007, you should've known that DU's modus operandi is the one of Wishmaster - you can ask him for pretty much anything (forum related, that is) and you'll probably receive what you've asked for, only you (and everyone else) will wish that you never did. So it's a serious codexian lore check failure on your side.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I thought I had wanted this change but I don't. DU shows us the path to the light, praise him.
No, Black has a point, the previous system was fucking useless, I had to manually browse the metathreads I read.

This new shit is obviously annoying but isn't there a middle ground somewhere?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom