Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Three Classics You Would Buy on Ebay

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
A waste of money.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
A lot of ppl put a lot of value in collections but none of it is for any practical reason other than 'self-satisfaction'.
And you wonder why achievements in games caught on so quickly.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wouldn't buy on ebay.

Hmmm.. If it's a wish list complete sets are the way to go

1. Wizardry Series.

2. Ultima Series.

3. Arcade machines (maybe the original gauntlet) or PnP D&D stuff.. idk.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
BTW, sort of off topic, but does anyone from the 80s era of gaming know about the Ultima V t-shirts? I know about them a little bit from the ad in the box, but did anyone actually buy them? Do any of you own one, because THAT would be expensive and surely a collectors item.
Saw one on ebay a few years ago with an asking price of $399 I believe. Only one I've ever seen but haven't really searched for one. I'm obsessive over collecting but that is pretty pricey even for me... :oops:

ive seen a few of them during the years, prices have risen alot in the last few years, back in 2000-2005 you could get a Ultima t-shirt for around 100 bucks, not they are getting near the 500 dollar level.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Just 'stole' Ultima V and BaK from ebay. UV for 25$ and BaK for 14$. What a deal!
I tried buying that same BaK myself, but the seller wouldn't ship it to Brazil.
:negative:

However, I managed to get Star Trail for 9,99 dollars:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
This thread is depressing for me. I moved 6 times in the past four years so I sold all my old boxed games. Just didn't have the space or the energy to keep packing them, but miss having them around. Been thinking about at least reacquiring some of the absolute essentials; they're a nice token of an era gone by.

Baxander

Augur
Ultima IV - Of all the Ultima games, this is the one I have never owned.
Akalabeth - Game is terrible, but the rarity of it makes me intrigued.
Albion - never got to play this game until recently, and it was GREAT!

Amn Nom

Learned
Baldur's Gate 2 needs to be in there, being the greatest game ever made and all. It also has a really nice boxed edition if memory serves.

Danny Manzana

Barely Literate
... I ask mainly because I want to get my hands on a DOS classic in all its glory and I want to invest on a game with manuals and maps and such which Steam and GOG.com cannot give. Right now, I'm leaning towards Ultima VI or VII since I love the series and plan on playing these episodes.
Floppies are good for me if not preferable for their retro nature! :smug:

Shoot at me what you got, ...

The Only Classic You Would Buy on Ebay is NOT on eBay.

If your looking to get your hands on an 80s DOS classic game in all its glory and worth investing on, among the Ultima Series games; AKALABETH is #Zero.

Here's what I got at a 2nd hand shop along with an APPLE IIGS:

Await reply here: czarlie@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I threw away all the boxes of the 40 DOS rpgs that I had, I guess I'm not a collector. To OP: if you want I still have the original Ultima V, Bard's Tale 3, Dragon Wars and Wasteland for C64. I can send them to you for free if you pay the post, don't give a damn about them collecting dust and too lazy to sell them for peanuts on Ebay, PM me. Don't know if the floppies still work though.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I threw away all the boxes of the 40 DOS rpgs that I had, I guess I'm not a collector. To OP: if you want I still have the original Ultima V, Bard's Tale 3, Dragon Wars and Wasteland for C64. I can send them to you for free if you pay the post, don't give a damn about them collecting dust and too lazy to sell them for peanuts on Ebay, PM me. Don't know if the floppies still work though.
Hold on now, my friend. I would be very interested in these myself...

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
... I ask mainly because I want to get my hands on a DOS classic in all its glory and I want to invest on a game with manuals and maps and such which Steam and GOG.com cannot give. Right now, I'm leaning towards Ultima VI or VII since I love the series and plan on playing these episodes.
Floppies are good for me if not preferable for their retro nature! :smug:

Shoot at me what you got, ...

The Only Classic You Would Buy on Ebay is NOT on eBay.

If your looking to get your hands on an 80s DOS classic game in all its glory and worth investing on, among the Ultima Series games; AKALABETH is #Zero.

Here's what I got at a 2nd hand shop along with an APPLE IIGS:

Await reply here: czarlie@gmail.com
Also, a note of caution on this one. First it's brand new user out of the blue. Second, and more dubious, is that Garriott put small stickers on his Akalabeth games. This looks too "new" and doesn't have the sticker. I'm very skeptical of this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Goddamn mindx2 getting in before me for the loot.

And yeah, that Akalabeth is likely fake. Hey buddy, I know you don't know me, but here I have this totally legit $1000+ game to sell to you.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I ditched loads of boxes as space became an issue and damn wife and children came into my life.

In terms of boxes, I would love to get back my original boxes of Ultima IV and V, I don't remember being excited by any thing more. I loved those boxes, especially the art work on the front.

In terms of stuff I would like to have back that you can't seem to get anywhere else like GOG, it would be the Ultimate RPG Archive, full of legendary goodness, not much of a box or manuals, but it represented so much. Ditching that was probably my biggest regret.

Danny Manzana

Barely Literate
And yeah, that Akalabeth is likely fake. Hey buddy, I know you don't know me, but here I have this totally legit $1000+ game to sell to you.

Also, a note of caution on this one. First it's brand new user out of the blue. Second, and more dubious, is that Garriott put small stickers on his Akalabeth games. This looks too "new" and doesn't have the sticker. I'm very skeptical of this.

Caution? New? Dubious? Richard Garriott? Fake?

Should I have Not bought the Apple IIGS & the games it came with? --- Seem fine to me & works 100%.

Should I have questioned the vendors Dubious practices selling off all her retro items? --- Seems kind of rude -> [Hi would like to buy your, wait; "Are you a Dubious vendor!?"] <- I don't think so.

Looked up Richard Garriott? --- Found his tweet pics below & the Games look just as "new" as the one I got. No green sticker for some or anything; yet not fake. Perhaps, I should change my name to RG.?

Perhaps, If I go to the Mega Store & buy a box of ziploc bags for the game; it would make it legit.?

Wonder how much RG wants for the PC?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, you're supposed to write your reply AFTER the quote tags.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sorry if I offended you. I want to buy that. Where should I send you thousands of dollars?

Danny Manzana

Barely Literate
P.S. Here's the thing about Akalabeth: http://ultimacodex.com/2013/02/on-sale-at-ebay-akalabeth-double-sticker-version/

Garriott has been manufacturing new copies of the game for the past decade.

Sorry if I offended you. I want to buy that. Where should I send you thousands of dollars?

Hey!

You're right! Infinitron:

RG has been pedaling out plenty of copies out throughout the years, his other pics online:

Wonder how the one I got ended up at a 2nd hand shop! Or is it real?

--- No apology needed FeelTheRads --- I'm not selling just posting & enjoying replies. ---

98K - Woah! - :what:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This thread is depressing for me. I moved 6 times in the past four years so I sold all my old boxed games. Just didn't have the space or the energy to keep packing them, but miss having them around. Been thinking about at least reacquiring some of the absolute essentials; they're a nice token of an era gone by.

... and you kept your bed, you asshole?

Gosh, that's the worst story I've ever heard. The only reason I don't collect physical copies is because I don't have the money or time to go digging around the net for the old ones. Boxes would be so much prettier for the ghoul version of me to lord over when I'm collecting dust in my Viking burial mound. The way things are going all I'll have will be stacks of GOG receipt printouts.

mindx2

Patron
Danny Manzana Not trying to disparage you it's just that many people have tried to scam collectors with rip-off "copies" of Akalabeth over the years. Every time one shows up out of the blue my scam radar goes off... and it doesn't help that RG has been putting more of his recent "copies" as gifts over the last several years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom