Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Time to end the brofist conspiracy

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
What can change the nature of a man? Brofists.

The brofist system here has no purpose: It does not raise a post in height like reddit, it doesn't help filter spam, it's simply a measly points system, well, almost: Posts with a high amount of brofists are considered by the community to be the "correct" opinion. After said opinion is established it is only natural that others emulate said opinion to gain more brofists so they can look kool when their family wonders what they've spent their entire life on.

I propose a simple solution: Abolish the brofist system.

SniperHF

Arcane
I don't want to live in a Codex without brofists.

Though DU can bring back the Anthony Davis button parade any time :australia:

Space Insect

Arcane

The brofist system here has no purpose: It does not raise a post in height like reddit, it doesn't help filter spam, it's simply a measly points system, well, almost: Posts with a high amount of brofists are considered by the community to be the "correct" opinion. After said opinion is established it is only natural that others emulate said opinion to gain more brofists so they can look kool when their family wonders what they've spent their entire life on.

Weren't you the guy who lost all of his brofists after claiming you have inside information that Obsidian was working on New Vegas 2?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

Weren't you the guy who lost all of his brofists after claiming you have inside information that Obsidian was working on New Vegas 2?

Yes, it opened my eyes to just how living with no brofists isn't actually that bad after all.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It does not raise a post in height like reddit,
You want the first page full of edgy and snarky responses?
That's overkill.

SP. fedora wielder detected

Trotsky

Arcane
Without a "like" system people would spam threads with shit such as "I agree" and whatnot. We get higher quality content with the current model despite its drawbacks.

Humans crave status and validation and they'll get it one way or another. If the forum existed in the manner you suggest it would create even more conformity than now.

I made an unpopular thread about the need for a KoToR remake that was met with edgelord snark but I was correct (remake is happening) and I enjoyed my victory well.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

I can't ironically brofist this post.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I was having lunch at a cafe last week when DosBuster walked by and said hello. He sat down with me and we caught up for a bit, talked about what we were doing with our lives and what other other posters on the codex, and so on.

Then out of the blue, he casually said "You know, that reply you wrote to me last week in GD..."

"Oh, you mean the one about how superior and vastly more intelligent atheists are to stupid Christians? Yeah, that was a good one-"

"Yes, that one." He snapped back. I suddenly noticed the atmosphere had become quite tense, and I began to hear his teeth grinding together quite audibly.

"You... you made your witty little 'comment', and yet you didn't have the decency to brofist my post?"

I froze up. My insides turned to lead, my throat suddenly filled with sawdust. I croaked out in a voice that sounded like crunching paper "I- I didn't think-"

That's all I could get out before he made his move. Within a single stroke he swiped my coffee from under me and splashed its scalding hot content all over my face. I fell to the ground, desperately grasping at my face while screaming for help. He quickly got to his feet and booted me in the stomach, forcing the air out of my lungs and causing me to immediately piss myself from the pain.

For a time, I just lay there moaning, my cargo shorts and MENSA shirt soaked with coffee and urine, the contents of my fanny pack strewn about all over the place, with DosBuster standing over me with a look of pure contempt on his face.

"That's right..." He said before spitting on my face.

"You didn't think"

He gave me one final kick to the stomach before strolling away.

I saw Captain America: Civil War later that night, it was a pretty decent movie.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

Yes, it opened my eyes to just how living with no brofists isn't actually that bad after all.
It's always the poor ones who think everybody should roll around in the shit with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom