Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review TNO fellates Fallout: New Vegas

Kylearan

Educated
Where the heck can I find ingredients needed for bullet crafting? I cant really break down much and cant make much and I seem to always be missing the right kind of powder or something. I have survival at like 40 skill too...Is the best way to break down other ammo?

You need repair skill for ammo, not survival. If you take the Hand Loader perk you have a greater chance of recovering bullet casings when you use guns.

As far as I know, (I'm playing through for the first time), the best way to get the powders is to break down the ammo you don't need, like say you want more 10mm you could break down the 9mm and .44 ammo you don't use. You can also get a ton of lead by breaking down scrap metal, if your repair skill is high enough.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Dam this is the perfect game for me with sawyers mod playing on hard and hardcore mode. Its a great exploration game because most places have interesting stuff to find. I found a museum with a robot guided tour that reminded me of the ultima games.

Only part I don't love is the fps aspect of a 3d style game. Its a reasonable challenge, skills seem worthwhile, seems to be C&C and lots of things to find when exploring. Best of all each area isn't just another fps kill fest.

Its so much better than fallout 3 its not even funny....sadly it got worse reviews than f3 did

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Dam this is the perfect game for me with sawyers mod playing on hard and hardcore mode. Its a great exploration game because most places have interesting stuff to find. I found a museum with a robot guided tour that reminded me of the ultima games.

Only part I don't love is the fps aspect of a 3d style game. Its a reasonable challenge, skills seem worthwhile, seems to be C&C and lots of things to find when exploring. Best of all each area isn't just another fps kill fest.

Its so much better than fallout 3 its not even funny....sadly it got worse reviews than f3 did
I've been called a retard about this before but... for me it's a better game then Bloodlines. And I fucking love Bloodlines!

Stinger

Arcane
I don't think it's an exaggeration to call it better than Bloodlines. Quest design is more open ended, combat mechanics with Sawyer's mod is, I'd say, better designed than Bloodlines' awkward combat.

Stealth isn't as silly though both games are not great in this regard. And player choice is a lot more important in FNV compared to Bloodlines.

Really I'd say that it is overall a better game. And I too really loved VTMB.

Saxon1974

Prophet

I've been called a retard about this before but... for me it's a better game then Bloodlines. And I fucking love Bloodlines!

Interesting, I havent played that game in so long but remember thinking it was decent. I will have to give it a try again in the future.

I really like sandbox games but finding a balance between open sandbox exploring and still having interesting area to find is not easy. Games made my Bethesda I generally like but they are a bit empty and bland. Games made my bioware used to be good story driven games (Cant stand them now they suck) so this game feels like best of both worlds to me.

Sure hope Obsidian can make something else this good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom