Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Todd Howard podcast

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho no, won't someone think of the Todd Howard. He enjoys life and doesn't afraid of anything. :lol:

Okagron

Prophet
Emil Pagllioiaorulo
Ah, the man who says gamers just don't want to hear dialogue and want to shoot shit up instead (not paraphrasing). Forgetting the reason people don't want to hear dialogue in the recent Bethesda games is because it sucks ass.

Hassknecht

Learned
Emil Pagllioiaorulo
Ah, the man who says gamers just don't want to hear dialogue and want to shoot shit up instead (not paraphrasing). Forgetting the reason people don't want to hear dialogue in the recent Bethesda games is because it sucks ass.
I can't believe he worked on Thief II and Morrowind: Bloodmoon.
Ok, he's only listed as a civilian's voice in Thief, but still. I thought he'd ruin everything just by his presence.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Pretty sure the Toddler isn't faking it. He really is that lame. Like Emil Pagllioiaorulo, he really is that bad a writer.

Todd Howard is a hustler. The mask fell off when he gave an Hollywood party for Fallout 4. I don't know what type of connections he has but i've been suspicious of him ever since Oblivion, where it was obvious he had the entire gaming press in his pocket before the game even launched. The guy majored in engineering and business. Guess which of the two he actually ever cared about.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
vp92h3R.png

ortucis

Prophet
Amazing people still act like this Hollywood boy actually gives a flying fuck about games, and isn't just a con artists who's biggest asset is that he has the entire gaming press in his pocket.

I think he just loves the type of games he creates. I doubt it that he's spending his life pretending to be a game developer just to spite Codexer's.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Like Emil Pagllioiaorulo, he really is that bad a writer.

I just googled him. So this is the guy who is responsible for all the dreadful writing in those games?

You can just smell the douchebag out of him:

latest

latest
attracts like
2d4ed3b30fbbe86b239601924f8d89d4.jpeg
attracts like. ^

Those people look like they came out of a crime syndicate instead of a company devoted to entertainment.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I think he just loves the type of games he creates.

No he does not. Wake the fuck up.

I doubt it that he's spending his life pretending to be a game developer just to spite Codexer's.

Or maybe he just used gaming as a launchpad to eventually create a business empire, by any means necessary, including cheating and conning people. How do you think he got to the top of Bethesda in the first place? Because of his stunning design work? Give me a break. He probably got into that position by sucking up to management while making deals with the right people in the meanwhile.

Love of games?

Todd+Howard+Robert+Altman+Fallout+4+Video+4zrQD1jxoK3l.jpg

God fucking damn it are people gullible.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's beloved because it is dumped down enough for mass consumption and because the bought gaming press artificially create tons of hype for their games. The masses are that easily manipulated.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's beloved because it is dumped down enough for mass consumption and because the bought gaming press artificially create tons of hype for their games. The masses are that easily manipulated.
While it's true in some cases, there are cases like Nintendo where a big company for masses make actualy good games.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
they're beloved because they're fun to play, which is really the only purpose of video games.

Doktor Best

Arcane
43:00 - He is told by his acquaintances that is good he doesn't have a twitter account otherwise he would commit career suicide.

If he had a codex account he'd have comitted literal suicide.

I also dont like his work as executive, but come on.

He is super rich, has a pretty wife and a happy family, he seems to really enjoy his work at Bethesda, and other than his blatant PR bullshit (which nobody with a brain takes serious anyways) he seems like a decent guy.

He would definitely get over the fact that a few edgelords on the internet shit on his work.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
This is a simple question: is Todd Howard kind of an idiot with terrible taste, or is he a brilliant mastermind shoving decline down the throats of the masses because it’s what they want?

Maybe there’s a way to thread the needle, but I think stupid and sincere or smart and insincere make the most sense. Either way, of course Skyrim makes him happy, it’s made Bethesda more than a billion dollars. If a game made me that much money, I bet I could play it with a smile all day no matter how terrible it was.

ortucis

Prophet
I think he just loves the type of games he creates.

No he does not. Wake the fuck up.

I doubt it that he's spending his life pretending to be a game developer just to spite Codexer's.

Or maybe he just used gaming as a launchpad to eventually create a business empire, by any means necessary, including cheating and conning people. How do you think he got to the top of Bethesda in the first place? Because of his stunning design work? Give me a break. He probably got into that position by sucking up to management while making deals with the right people in the meanwhile.

Love of games?

Todd+Howard+Robert+Altman+Fallout+4+Video+4zrQD1jxoK3l.jpg

God fucking damn it are people gullible.

I don't really know what that pic means. You'll have to explain it to rest of us who aren't obsessed with Todd Howard, and whoever that guys with him is. :lol:

Anyway, I don't like Bethesda's games, but they still entertain millions of people around the world. Must be doing something right for his fanbase.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This is a simple question: is Todd Howard kind of an idiot with terrible taste, or is he a brilliant mastermind shoving decline down the throats of the masses because it’s what they want?

He is just in it for the money. He has no respect for the medium beyond personal gain.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't really know what that pic means. You'll have to explain it to rest of us who aren't obsessed with Todd Howard, and whoever that guys with him is. :lol:

That's the CEO of Zenimax. They are at a party they made for Fallout 4, where they had a bunch of Hollywood celebrities come in. Because this is the world our little Todd is into, the high society of our times. None of the attendees even knew what the fuck Fallout was.

It's amazing to me how bad you faggots are at reading people. I knew what type of person Todd was the second i saw him. The hype around his games was created artificially. He has connections in and outside the industry and had them maneuver things around to get the gaming press to praise his shit without reservation and elevate his work way beyond its merits. The way the press was masturbating over Oblivion already stood out for me at the time and back then i wasn't even paying attention to this crap.

And it is only natural that a con artist would surround himself with conniving yes men like Pet Hines, another fine specimen of human garbage.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
If any of you are dumbly optimistic like me, hopefully Witcher 3 getting all the awards that Bethesda wanted Fallout 4 to get was wake-up call for them. Hopefully it made a couple of meetings happen in their offices where they went "Shit, how did we fuck up and how do we fix it for the next titles?"

Hassknecht

Learned
If any of you are dumbly optimistic like me, hopefully Witcher 3 getting all the awards that Bethesda wanted Fallout 4 to get was wake-up call for them. Hopefully it made a couple of meetings happen in their offices where they went "Shit, how did we fuck up and how do we fix it for the next titles?"
That's some serious optimism. Bethesda has been raking in the dough with their formula, and their next games with follow that. They experimented a bit with Fallout 4, like using a voiced protagonist again (didn't work for them in Redguard, didn't work now), heavily relying on radiant quests, dialogue wheel, and Minecraft gameplay, and I think the next TES will carry a few things over from that. I think they'll scrap the dialogue wheel and the voiced protagonist again (too many different voice actors needed for TES' races), but I think we'll see much of the minecrafting in TES VI and even more radiant quests.

ortucis

Prophet

That's the CEO of Zenimax. They are at a party they made for Fallout 4, where they had a bunch of Hollywood celebrities come in. Because this is the world our little Todd is into, the high society of our times. None of the attendees even knew what the fuck Fallout was.

It's amazing to me how bad you faggots are at reading people. I knew what type of person Todd was the second i saw him. The hype around his games was created artificially. He has connections in and outside the industry and had them maneuver things around to get the gaming press to praise his shit without reservation and elevate his work way beyond its merits. The way the press was masturbating over Oblivion already stood out for me at the time and back then i wasn't even paying attention to this crap.

And it is only natural that a con artist would surround himself with conniving yes men like Pet Hines, another fine specimen of human garbage.

You're reading way too much into it. Companies/people throw parties over random shit and invite a lot of people to them. And everyone knows that gaming journalists would sell their soul for free access to the famous people. Not a big deal.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Being a good marketer and enjoying the work you do are not mutually exclusive, so I don't understand why you keep repeating this shit as if it has any meaning. Todd Howard obv has a vested interest in his games selling well so he can keep selling them and avoid having zenimax breathe down his neck when it comes to design like publishers do with virtually every other developer. Howard can make whatever the fuck he wants as long as zenimax keeps raking in the cash. If you don't like his design decisions, you can just blame them on his being a mediocre designer or his emphasizing entirely different aspects of rpgs than what you are interested in. Instead you keep repeating this sjw style shit where everyone you disagree with isn't just wrong or different but also absolute evil. every game he's made so far has pushed some things backwards and some forwards (the melee in skyrim is much better than in morrowind), except for fallout 4 which is better than Fallout 3 in every way imaginable.

jungl

Augur
emilios right though have you seen kids and teens play games? They play games like new vegas and deus ex guns blazing killing everyone they come across with no fucks given to the story. Good story telling is hard to do in games and not even worth it like pillars of lore dump bullshit. How much writing, words and manpower does it take for that shit? too much. Legacy of kain franchise only needed 1-2 voice actors and smart narrative to btfo pillars. Nintendo games also btfo games like tides of numenera million word and pillars of lore dump. They have very simplistic stories but here is the thing you don't need 100k words in a game to tell a charming story. The games environments and music do that just fine.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Being a good marketer and enjoying the work you do are not mutually exclusive

They are in this case. To the maximum degree possible.

Todd Howard does not give a shit. At all. We all know this. We always knew this. It's as obvious as the fucking sun.

Then again, you seem to enjoy his garbage. If you can't tell his games are total shit, who can trust your opinion on anything else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom