Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Todd Howard: We Have Three Big Projects in Development

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
But it is great... If you don't even look it up, you shouldn't be whining about someone who likes it. You know nothing about it. If every action RPG aspired to be like ESO, weak stuff like Skyrim would never be able to exist. And I've made about 500 posts and only less than 5 of them are about ESO. Get a grip you sad fuck.

Gerrard

Arcane
Idk why, but I feel like he has serial killer eyes.* He could star in slasher movies as an alternative career.

*maybe it's different for guys and you find him sexy, though. It would explain his business success.
Nope, that look is definitely unsettling.

Also what the picture doesn't mention is that he's a manlet.

They will buy Arcanum from Activision and will make a 3d Shooter with looooots of violence in it because
violence is sooo fun bruh
To be honest, I don't even care at this point. By the way did you know Arcanum was put on Steam? It has mixed reviews since it barely even works.

cruelio

Savant
The idea that turning Arcanum into a "3d Shooter with looooots of violence" would result in a worse game than the original Arcanum is only plausible if you did not play original Arcanum, probably the only overrated old CRPG that has worse gameplay than Planescape: Torment. Or did people really enjoy harm spam: the game: I can't believe this company went out of business edition?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I doubt most people here even played it. RPGcodex is just a circle jerk of sad fucks who like to roleplay as oldschool RPG nerds. Only a few people are legitimate old school RPG nerds who played the handful of classic RPG's that exist from the 80s and 90s. They may be nerds to the outside world, but on rpgcodex, they are icons to be emulated by the hive.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Torment had shit combat and I regret not playing it with the recommended build (or not: now I will be able to appreciate it better).

Arcanum had even worse combat because it required some work to make it work without spamming cheap spells. I will give it another try in the future, though. Even if my eyes bleed, I'll beat that game.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Arcanum and PS:T are really shit and overrated in some ways but saying they suck entirely is just trying way too hard.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why would you guys be so desperate to defend stuff that you even admit yourselves are "shit". They are a part of gaming history and have respect for what they did, you don't need to defend them or force yourselves to play them. There are plenty of classic RPG's that aren't shit.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I don't even like Arcanum or PS:T much so I don't have much of a need to defend them. But just because a game has shit combat or balance doesn't mean everything about it is shit. But obviously you know this and are just being a contrarian edgelord for the sake of it.

hell bovine

Arcane
Arcanum had even worse combat because it required some work to make it work without spamming cheap spells. I will give it another try in the future, though. Even if my eyes bleed, I'll beat that game.
Or play an inventor. ;) Technology is way more fun, even if the teleport spell is awfully convenient. (The only reason I've played a mage was the sheep spell. You can even sheep-ify the final boss. :D)

jaydee2k

Savant
I doubt most people here even played it. RPGcodex is just a circle jerk of sad fucks who like to roleplay as oldschool RPG nerds. Only a few people are legitimate old school RPG nerds who played the handful of classic RPG's that exist from the 80s and 90s. They may be nerds to the outside world, but on rpgcodex, they are icons to be emulated by the hive.

You can't imply from yourself to others just because you're a fan of Fallout 3,4 & Dragon Age cock sucking edition and what not
Believe it or not, there are some people out there who don't want to become brainsick from modern "games".

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

You can't imply from yourself to others just because you're a fan of Fallout 3,4 & Dragon Age cock sucking edition and what not
Believe it or not, there are some people out there who don't want to become brainsick from modern "games".
WAT?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
And I've made about 500 posts and only less than 5 of them are about ESO.

I knew Bethdards were illiterate, but didn't know they were innumerate as well.
You can't see your post number when you type a reply, unless you reply to yourself. It was a fair guess. And you can't call me a "bethdard" when every post is about how much I hate every Elder Scrolls game and only like ESO which isn't even a Bethesda game. Get a better angle.

cruelio

Savant
I don't even like Arcanum or PS:T much so I don't have much of a need to defend them. But just because a game has shit combat or balance doesn't mean everything about it is shit.

If the gameplay portion of the video game is shit then I'm afraid I have some bad news about what is the appropriate adjective for the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom