Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
FIND FIVE

msNWIkt.jpg

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Since when the fuck was Torment a BRANCHING narrative game ? Narrative, yes. Branching ? What fucking branching ? Maybe my memory is slipping, but I don't remember any branching in Torment. Just the usual fake C&C, only tastefully done.

The critical path didn't branch but it was highly interactive, and the world itself had a lot of side encounters with a fairly robust range of solutions. Some of them affected the critical path, like finding that sword that can slay an immortal.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Who is everyone there? I see GZiets, CMcC, Steve Dobos, Nathan Long, Tony Evans, and three I don't know/can't see (Although I think I know who the bald guy is).

edit: guessing the blue guy on the left is Jason Dora, the web guy?

Lhynn

Arcane
There's just no way they could make the kind of games the Codex wanted to see, at that size.
20.png

336a964ef4163ee230fb6cda2bc7467247f2058a.jpg

Etc. The codex asks for little in terms of graphical fidelity we want to see stuff more interesting than pretty graphics, we want to see stuff that can only be produced with a lot of talent, with good of ideas and the right mindset.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
[Etc. The codex asks for little in terms of graphical fidelity we want to see stuff more interesting than pretty graphics, we want to see stuff that can only be produced with a lot of talent, with good of ideas and the right mindset.
Haha you wish. "The codex" has a lot of graphical complaining, while Darklands and KotC are played by only a minority of posters.

Lhynn

Arcane
[Etc. The codex asks for little in terms of graphical fidelity we want to see stuff more interesting than pretty graphics, we want to see stuff that can only be produced with a lot of talent, with good of ideas and the right mindset.
Haha you wish. "The codex" has a lot of graphical complaining, while Darklands and KotC are played by only a minority of posters.
That sentence is so depressing... :negative:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who is everyone there? I see GZiets, CMcC, Steve Dobos, Nathan Long, Tony Evans, and three I don't know/can't see (Although I think I know who the bald guy is).

edit: guessing the blue guy on the left is Jason Dora, the web guy?
I believe the hawaii-shirt guy is Kevin Saunders. And the girl next to the right is Mur Lafferty.

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
msNWIkt.jpg

Around the table:
- Jason Jacobitz
- The Blessed Virgin/my personal head masseuse, helping me channel the holy muse as I respond sarcastically to Joby.
- Me
- Steve Dobos
- George Ziets
- Brian's personal "moderator"
- Nathan Long
- Herve, overseeing us all
- Eric Daily's head
- Jesse Farrell
- Alisha Klein
- Brian Fargo
- Joby Bednar

Kevin is just off screen to the left. Jason Dora is taking the picture.

roll-a-die

Magister
Such bad posture from almost everyone at that table. Don't they know they're bound for years of back pain. oy vay. /Jewish Mom

But seriously I lost track of this project like 6 months ago, what's happened recently? Anything of note, or still a massive amount of silence and white noise.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

This is the sad, ugly truth. Often those shouting decline in threads for games they don't like are the first to criticize a game for its aged looks as well.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Such bad posture from almost everyone at that table. Don't they know they're bound for years of back pain. oy vay. /Jewish Mom

But seriously I lost track of this project like 6 months ago, what's happened recently? Anything of note, or still a massive amount of silence and white noise.
It's in production. They're assembling scenes. They were working on the Bloom last I heard.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

:badnews:

Ivan

Arcane
Uploaded on Sep 17, 2014

God Damnit, Tron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom