Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MrMarbles

Cipher
msNWIkt.jpg

Ziets you are the master of the pensive pose. Teach me all you know.

:ziets:

SniperHF

Arcane
I want my alpha
:negative:

My understanding is the Alpha isn't going to be particularly interesting anyway. It's going to be hyper focused on specific things and not very long for each test. I'll gladly check them out and give feedback but the beta is where it will be at.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want my alpha

My understanding is the Alpha isn't going to be particularly interesting anyway. It's going to be hyper focused on specific things and not very long for each test. I'll gladly check them out and give feedback but the beta is where it will be at.
For sure, bro. But I still want to touch it asap to have some "tactile sensations" of the game.

I want my alpha

This is going to be delayed until 2016. :cool:
The game itself will be delayed most likely, but the alpha?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
CMcC just stated in a recent interview that the game will definitely be out in 2015. However from experience, once the game hits Backer Alpha/Beta ... that may change - based on most other KS's.

Perhaps the Codex should strike a bet with him? More bottles of wine for DU ;)

Crooked Bee

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That wasn't a direct quote. I'd be interested in knowing what he really said.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
What? Are they really going for EA with this game? Isn't that like EA'ing an adventure game?

I can understand a gameplay alpha like PoE, but EA sounds crazy.

Oops. I must be crazy tired. Thought I read someone mention EA. Alpha and such makes sense.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The game itself will be delayed most likely, but the alpha?
It'll be out this year, sure, but Wasteland 2 was five months of "beta" and another four months of beta and it still wasn't finished on release.

This seems like it will be a lot more interesting than W2. And it seems they have learned from making W2 too. Maybe we'll get new Black Isle from inXile finally. Or Troika. :yeah:

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
CMcC just stated in a recent interview that the game will definitely be out in 2015. However from experience, once the game hits Backer Alpha/Beta ... that may change - based on most other KS's.

Perhaps the Codex should strike a bet with him? More bottles of wine for DU ;)

Crooked Bee

I said: "Definitely-- that's in air quotes. You know how development goes."

(I am not good at interviews)

hiver

I actually suggested they already delay release, move it to 2016 or when its done. Saves us all the bother, really.

Blackguard

Learned
Well if they are planning on releasing this year the alpha should start relatively soon. Definitely before the summer at least.

hiver

The article starts with past information about the setting that is no longer the same. Angel of entropy and CG not knowing about castoffs etc. Couldnt even google the last few updates.

When the player comes across a lock, it won't be just a lock you can pick, but maybe a riddle you must solve using clues gained through Lore: Civilizations, Visual Perception, or even items you've picked up in your travels. Numenera's play style encourages us to create unique, scripted interactions like this, instead of dropping locks and traps everywhere that differ only in their difficulty level.

thats better.

-
Nice interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

darthaegis

Cipher
Wait, is Patrick Rothfuss writing for this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom