Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Don't get your hopes up, don't believe a car salesman

Torment, Fargo says, is still scheduled for release in 2015, although he won't say when. inXile plans a Steam Early Access release, as it did with Wasteland 2.

What about a console version? "If the stars line up and it makes sense, we'll certainly consider it," Fargo says, rekindling memories of our chats about a potential Wasteland 2 console version. "It's not in our conversations here. It's not on a release schedule anywhere. It's just something to be thought about on another day."

Torment confirmed for a console game, after wasteland 2 PC players shafting now this.

karfhud

Augur
Don't get your hopes up, don't believe a car salesman

Torment, Fargo says, is still scheduled for release in 2015, although he won't say when. inXile plans a Steam Early Access release, as it did with Wasteland 2.

What about a console version? "If the stars line up and it makes sense, we'll certainly consider it," Fargo says, rekindling memories of our chats about a potential Wasteland 2 console version. "It's not in our conversations here. It's not on a release schedule anywhere. It's just something to be thought about on another day."

Torment confirmed for a console game, after wasteland 2 PC players shafting now this.

So?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It took inXile nine months of "beta" to release a "shippable" product, and Fargo thinks they'll be able to get Torment from alpha to release within 9 months. :lol:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I find Fargo's release date promises exceedingly funny. Remember when Torment was supposed to ship in 2014?

I'm afraid that because of how long it took to release W2, Torment's development didn't start until the second half of 2014. Of course a big preproduction period is great, but this means that we still have some 2 years until the release. On the optimistic side, second half of 2016.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I find Fargo's release date promises exceedingly funny. Remember when Torment was supposed to ship in 2014?

I doubt many people remember that, since it was delayed to early 2015 before the Kickstarter even finished.

Anyway, Torment isn't really Fargo's baby. Direct your complaints to ksaun

LOL. Him playing Arcanum on youtube has fucking no effect on a sequel whatsoever.

Of course it does. Any extra PR raises the value of the franchise.

Then why don't I have my Big Rigs 2 dammit?

More seriously, I'm considering tracking down a c64 emulator (if they exist) to do some youtube videos of alley-cat. Can't think of a better game to get a modern open world platformer remake. If even has romances! (though i wonder whether the original's aim of braving dogs, rival tomcats, cleaning staff and environmental hazards in order to get some sweet house cat 'pussy' would be too risque for modern games).

OT: I'm guessing that Torment's QA will be very short due to their ability to borrow from PoE's bug finding. They'll have a huge head start by capitalising on Obsidian's...um...Obsidian's...

Obsidian

Oh fuck.

JesusGreen

Novice
alley-cat. Can't think of a better game to get a modern open world platformer remake. If even has romances! (though i wonder whether the original's aim of braving dogs, rival tomcats, cleaning staff and environmental hazards in order to get some sweet house cat 'pussy' would be too risque for modern games).

aka Elder Scrolls VI: Elsweyr

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.adamheine.com/2015/03/q-will-torment-use-unity-5.html

Q: Will Torment use Unity 5?

Mark asks:

Is Torment going to be / has Torment been developed with Unity 5 in mind?
It turns out this was a more complicated question than one would think. We're planning to move to Unity 5, but we weren't sure about that for a long time (and even now, there's still a fair amount of work to do before the move is official).

Further details from our illustrious wizard/programmer, Steve Dobos:

We started work on Torment before Unity 5’s full feature set was announced. By the time Unity 5 became a known quantity, we had already done much work on the engine for Unity 4. So the benefit of a move to Unity 5 will be limited for Torment. The primary justification for a move to Unity 5 is the new Mecanim system. We’ve put much effort in to the animation of our characters, and the Mecanim upgrades will help organize our complex animation trees.

Unfortunately, all of the cool Deferred Shading tech they released in Unity 5 doesn’t function with an orthographic camera, which Torment uses. So while we're doing some interesting things graphically, largely thanks to the Pillars of Eternity technology, Torment won't really benefit from Unity's graphical enhancements. Sadness.​

hiver

I doubt many people remember that, since it was delayed to early 2015 before the Kickstarter even finished.

You cant be that naive, can you?

ffs...

https://torment.uservoice.com/forum.../6972836-release-date-should-be-moved-to-2016

put your votes here so they dont bum-rush the game and make another horrible mess like w2.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You cant be that naive, can you?

ffs...

https://torment.uservoice.com/forum.../6972836-release-date-should-be-moved-to-2016

put your votes here so they dont bum-rush the game and make another horrible mess like w2.
This time they are using a proven engine (PoE) and using system rules from a proven system (Numenera). Unless their story sucks (a delay will not help here), I don't think they can fuck up like they did with WL2.

hiver

They are not using PoE engine but some tech from it, they are not using Numenera rules but their own adaptation of them, and there is a "bit" more nuance and details in what makes a "story". Not to mention the whole of the gameplay.

So, even with the expenditure of effort not to tell you what i should, i find my saves are failing ... nope, just got over the hard skill check threshold this time.
But that leaves me with no effort whatsoever. (my effort regen is extremely slow these days)

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sadly, with the game being turn based they cannot use the amazing engagement system from PoE.

:troll:

hiver

Instant AoOs without animations is just the beginning of it.
But that should go in another thread.

Rake, we already had enough lousy jokes for today.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Well, if they want instant AoOs without animations, I guess they could.
AoO is an optional rule in Numenera PnP so let's hope they won't do that to us. If there's something I really dislike about PoE it's the Engagement system.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They are not using PoE engine but some tech from it, they are not using Numenera rules but their own adaptation of them, and there is a "bit" more nuance and details in what makes a "story". Not to mention the whole of the gameplay.

So, even with the expenditure of effort not to tell you what i should, i find my saves are failing ... nope, just got over the hard skill check threshold this time.
But that leaves me with no effort whatsoever. (my effort regen is extremely slow these days)
They are using enough to be called that. And numenera rules from what I read are going to be pretty close to PnP version. About as close as you can expect from a computer game.
So they can only fuck up the story.

hiver

Go back to whatever bethesda/bioware asshole spewed you out, you incredible stupid ignorant retard.

hiver

I was describing the amount of your intellect and general knowledge -

-
deleted a torrent of swear words because that kind of lazy stupidity just makes me sick and disgusted with humanity.
go fuck yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I love you too Hiver.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom