Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

throwaway

Cipher
Wonder if the press releases and the coverage and retrospects after the game is released will cite the kickstarter backer number and sum or the one their system indicates (90k+ backers and ~$4.888.888.88 raised).

Zeronet

Learned
I would assume the dynamically moving floor is related to a puzzle in the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
inXile finally decided to make the Torment gameplay video publicly listed. No, that's not a new video.

Sykar

Arcane
Looks like a bad LSD trip imho:

8b40655fc624c9b717ec19ce999c3b39_original.gif

Apexeon

Arcane
Fargo looked at those review scores (from both game journalists and end-users), and how PoE sold almost as much as Wasteland 2 within a month and got dollar signs in his eyes.

He is a business man.
Funding his retirement plan thanks to kickstarter.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Cool video. Areas still obviously look pre-alpha but there's a nice variety.

As with Pillars of Eternity, character rendering performance looks a bit worrying.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They're doing a really good job at making the game world look as evocative as it should be. Can't wait to sink my teeth in the Numenera.

I know its pre-whatever footage, but it looks like shit. If they wanted to show diversity, it would be better to go with backgrounds alone. What's the point of this video anyway, backers knew what they were getting into, and popamolers will gouge their eyes out 20 seconds into this.

Dem FPS drops too, jesus.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it all looks fantastic, combat animations included. Codex needs to institute a purge of graphics whores

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
FPS drops aside, I really like the visuals. I don't mind "clumsy"-looking characters. In fact, I think it's pretty charming.
I dig the environments.

My only fear at this point is that the game will go overboard with "everything's weird" and the philosophical stuff.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dem FPS drops too, jesus.
Yeah those bring down the video a bit.
Those are more a function of having had to record a few scenes in editor rather than in build. The regular framerate is what the build runs like, but a few scenes had to be recorded running in Editor and that's just always choppier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom