Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS:T's main menu kind of annoyed me actually, why did you have to start a game to access the options screen?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PS:T's main menu kind of annoyed me actually, why did you have to start a game to access the options screen?
I was always under the impression that the game discouraged "resume life" button since it looked like it was already clicked/deeper :M

Cazzeris

ITT: Newfags bitching about the obvious placeholder menu. 10/10, would read again.

To be honest, I wasn't actually "bitching" since it's obvious that a proper PC game main menu lets the player access to a lot more options and the new one is better in this regard because it follows the design philosophy where everything has to be clear the same way the UI in TToN will probably be much more streamlined and less detailed art-wise than PST's with all the wheels and wasted space.

But I doubt that the parts that are finished will be changed too much by adding unique stuff like "New Life" and such. I'd like to be wrong, but I just can't forget WL2's painfully bland and amateurish-looking main menu. Since Torment is all about making a game that feels "special", unique and weird in every way, then inXile should remember all the tiny details that made PST feel different.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This thing is giving all the right jolts again. Should I brace myself or give in to the :bounce: ?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

devs should have this video on loop with sound amplifiers up to 11 while working on the game.

if that were the case, we would have a weird ass awesome looking main menu :)

throwaway

Cipher
I'm assuming Infinitron's 1st picture is an in-game render while all the other ones are concept-arts? If so I gotta say I'm not hugely in love with the render.

Fry

Arcane
I'm assuming Infinitron's 1st picture is an in-game render while all the other ones are concept-arts? If so I gotta say I'm not hugely in love with the render.

It's a screen cap from a shit quality stream.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, Bloom seemed like the Vertical Slice also since I'm guessing it was the middle of the game story wise. So, do we then have any idea of the number of major areas? I'm assuming it's going to be like Planescape where each area wasn't just a quest hub and you were constantly going between them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just said there were three, didn't I? Sagus, Bloom and the Oasis.

George actually reveals the area location order of the game's storyline in the stream. Pretty spoilery

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, Bloom seemed like the Vertical Slice also since I'm guessing it was the middle of the game story wise. So, do we then have any idea of the number of major areas? I'm assuming it's going to be like Planescape where each area wasn't just a quest hub and you were constantly going between them.
Bro, check that stream.

:ziets: is talking about those things.

http://www.twitch.tv/quill18/v/7297673 Torment part starts somewhere near minute 54. There is a lot of interesting stuff.

darthaegis

Cipher
Interesting, never noticed that in the Sagus Cliffs original concept art there seems to be the Bloom next to it. Has that been confirmed? (I am only like 4mins in the stream.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Interesting, never noticed that in the Sagus Cliffs original concept art there seems to be the Bloom next to it. Has that been confirmed? (I am only like 4mins in the stream.)

Yes, a while back before this

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So has Fargo finally admitted there's no way this is coming out in 2015 at all? :)

throwaway

Cipher
The question now turns into whether it'll come out before or after W2 Director's Cut.

SniperHF

Arcane
I believe there was no particular date. It's just "coming soon".

They also expanded the scope of the AST.

The closest thing there ever was to an actual date was "Early-ish 2015" and "in the next month".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom